RX-8's: Another wrx rival soon? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on RX-8's: Another wrx rival soon? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by C9A1L1L Lol, this turned into a pissing contest? "MY car gets more compliments than YOUR car!" Lol, ...

Originally posted by C9A1L1L
    Lol, this turned into a pissing contest? "MY car gets more compliments than YOUR car!" Lol, The RX-8 is newer and it looks nasty, hands down it gets the most compliments, but WHO CARES! "People ask me if my car is as fast as it looks" Celicas LOOK fast... (WRXs look fast if your driving down a wide dirt road with a whole bunch of jeeps around it ) This thread is amusing, it has strayed far from its orginal question "RX-8's: Another wrx rival soon?" Oh and MY car gets MORE copliments than both of your put together! I'm done.
    Actually you made more mention of it and more of an issue than I meant it to be. Besides you are a liar, there is no way you get more compliments than me. Comments like "damn that box is fugly" maybe!?

Just kidding guys!

Back to the original question It would be a "rival" if that is what you are looking for. The same has been said vise versa elsewhere as well.
    What it all comes down to is:
    To each his own. I love my RX-8 and I hope you all love your WRX's. If you see me on the road wave a friendly hi, don't try to race me. I'm too old to be getting tickets and goingto court and crap like that. I'll leave that to you youngsters

Peace! I'm outta here I hope :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You don't drop the clutch on our cars, slip it at around 5K.

Like i've said, i like the 8 and have driven one. No torque = kinda dull (IMHO).

Glad you love it, my rex is great for me.

skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

Originally posted by WRX-8
    Actually you made more mention of it and more of an issue than I meant it to be. Besides you are a liar, there is no way you get more compliments than me. Comments like "damn that box is fugly" maybe!?

Just kidding guys!

Peace! I'm outta here I hope :-)
    Lol, noooo come back here you! Now did you call my Camaro a "Box" ? You need to go find a picture of a 1972 Camaro... And as far as "box" goes, you own a WRX.... erm.... [ ] People appreciate the classics. The coolest cars on the road
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

I'm pretty sure 350z owners had a lot of attention when they first came out. It'll die down in several months after there are more rx-8's on the road. You'll still get attention, but not as much.

Originally posted by WRX-8
    I'm sure it's because it's much newer and more rare but try twice every time the car stops or slows down or speeds up or goes through a drive thru or makes a gas stop or is just parked in a mall etc etc. No exageration If I haven't been asked about the car over 200 times in one month I'd be surprised.

Except for this forum every comment has been positive. You all should drive one sometime with an open mind you may surprised. I'm not saying you'll buy one just that you may be pleasantly surprised, and then again maybe not. I drove them all:
    S2000, G35, 350Z, WRX, Cooper S, 330i, RSX, etc. etc. The best over all car for me was the RX-8 and to me it is the best looking by far.

BTW: the RX-8 is my 26th car including 4 Camaros, a couple Mustangs, a BMW, Audi, a couple VW's, Toyota 4-Runner, Amigo, MX-3, Integra...and the list goes on. The 8 is my favorite all around.

peace.

LOL WHAT!#@#%@ There are a TONS of posts on rx8forum asking about the 180 hp dyno and why the car has no power. The nazi admins either delete them or move to the lounge. 30,000 for a 180hp car with a 120 ft/lb tq?

All show and no go.

Ok, my roommate owns an RX-8 and I have to admit that its nice, but it won't keep up with my WRX. The low torque does make a big difference off the line, although I will admit that the car is only 3 weeks old and he hasn't tried any 8k rpm drops with it. As soon as he's got it broken in we will take them to the track and I'll post the results.

WRX-8: As far as all the people you see admiring your car, please keep in mind that the RX-8 is new and most people haven't even seen one before, I had the same thing happening to me in early 2002 when I got my WRX. Think about it, weren't you excited the first time you saw a 350Z? Now though, they are still nice cars, but are common enough that they don't deserve a second glance, same thing for the WRX. Within the year, same for the RX-8.

BTW: My roommates RX-8 is a fully loaded 6 speed (except for nav.) and he paid 32k and some change for it.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

My friend gets looks... from girls

On a side note, i was at a gas station in san antonio yesterday and 2 guys came up and stared at my car and asked me questions .

I'd really like to know about those dyno issues with the 8, wonder what mazda has to say. I certainly hope they didn't overrate it from the factory that would = LAME.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

Ike
    Originally posted by smolten
    LOL WHAT!#@#%@ There are a TONS of posts on rx8forum asking about the 180 hp dyno and why the car has no power. The nazi admins either delete them or move to the lounge. 30,000 for a 180hp car with a 120 ft/lb tq?

All show and no go.

I won't go so far to say it's all show and no go, but I have driven both versions of the car. I like the car quite a bit, but it lacked a little umph. It's just not for me, but I see why so many people are in love with it. I went and checked out the car and went to the RX-8 forums because I was thinking if I really loved it I would trade in my Rex, or most likely consider it as a car for my fiance.

As far as this being the only forum that had some bad things to say about the car, that is very wrong. There are posts all over car forums (including RX-8 forums) talking about the missing HP, lack or torque, funky styling etc.

Ike

Originally posted by Ike
    I won't go so far to say it's all show and no go, but I have driven both versions of the car. I like the car quite a bit, but it lacked a little umph. It's just not for me, but I see why so many people are in love with it. I went and checked out the car and went to the RX-8 forums because I was thinking if I really loved it I would trade in my Rex, or most likely consider it as a car for my fiance.

As far as this being the only forum that had some bad things to say about the car, that is very wrong. There are posts all over car forums (including RX-8 forums) talking about the missing HP, lack or torque, funky styling etc.

Ike

What's really sad is that rx8forums can't take any criticism and delete non positive threads

LOL

zoom zooom!!! FLUSH

Eh, all I know is it is a nice car. I don't bother to listen to the people who have "beaten them" unless the person driving the RX-8 has owned it for some time, because that will make a world of difference. The top 10 hottest cars on the road are pretty much similar looking, agressive, rounded, looks that matter more than performance. The RX-8 will be up there, so lets drop that argument. No need to prove ourself on how many people ask you about your car, you cant tell me WRXs stand out... Lets lock this thread lol. YES the RX-8 will be a contender, NO your average driver wont be able to beat a WRX... ok done.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

Originally posted by C9A1L1L
    Lol, noooo come back here you! Now did you call my Camaro a "Box" ? You need to go find a picture of a 1972 Camaro... And as far as "box" goes, you own a WRX.... erm.... [ ] People appreciate the classics. The coolest cars on the road
    OK real quick: No, I was talking about the WRX and kidding. My kid owns it I don't. I HAVE owned a few Camaro's in my day too.

I said I'm sure a lot of the looks and questions are because it's new. A lot are because it looks good too.

I meant that I haven't gotten any negative comments personally except here from some of you guys, and over at the RX8 forum from outsiders. Yes there is a concern over the HP issue.

Hope you don't mind the pic...I made it small.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rx8-1.jpg  

did anyone see this yet? i posted it long time ago.
    really shows how the rx-8 competes against it's rivals. (in japan)

http://www.rasterwerks.com/vid/BestM...Part08.avi.zip

if you can't see the video download this. (have norton ready)

http://dzjepp.dzepik.com/Images/foru...lcodec203f.exe

I think they should have called it something else then the RX-8. The only thing it has in common with its predecessor is the rotary engine. And why put an 8 after it. It implies it is a higher line than the RX-7. It would make more sense to call it the RX-6.

I also have to agree about other forums questioning the RX-8. I love the RX-7 and was looking at the RX-8. I've been to other RX forums and they question the performance of the 8. Seems that a lot have gotten use to the rush of the turbo of the predecessor.

Originally posted by RallySubie
    I think they should have called it something else then the RX-8. The only thing it has in common with its predecessor is the rotary engine. And why put an 8 after it. It implies it is a higher line than the RX-7. It would make more sense to call it the RX-6.
    8 is the next in sequence RX-1, 2,3,4,5,6,7...ta da "8".

It is called an "RX" because it has the rotary engine, the same reason the last seven of the models were also called "RX". To call it anything else would not make any sense at all.

Originally posted by RallySubie

I also have to agree about other forums questioning the RX-8. I love the RX-7 and was looking at the RX-8. I've been to other RX forums and they question the performance of the 8. Seems that a lot have gotten use to the rush of the turbo of the predecessor.

how about rx-slow or rx-yeah right or rx-.5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.