How fast are Preludes?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on How fast are Preludes? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; And is there a difference between the standard and the SH model? They both have the same hp and torque, ...

How fast are Preludes?

And is there a difference between the standard and the SH model? They both have the same hp and torque, but the type SH is heavier. Can a stock wrx take one from a roll?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ike
    Yes

stock wrx can definately take a 5th gen from a roll

only difference between trims is the SH has ATTS which simulates an LSD which limits wheel slippage during turns

a 4th gen vtec lude will give a more tuff battle
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

The SH is barely heavier then the base 5th gen and for speed, they're pretty much the same still (would be a drivers race). As for the 4th gen vtec, in theory the 4th gen should edge them out but it's also a drivers race.

I used to own a base 5th gen and I've beaten countless different types of preludes.

wrxlude has had a few ludes and a wrx... hopefully hell chime in here.... I love ludes though, but like my rex more
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

<washing hands motion>
    There is no doubt that a stock wrx can take any stock Lude (driver variable) ANY generation...
    the SH is a toddler's weight heavier than the base 5th. the 4th gen vtec is lighter than both (and bigger engine 2.3L vs 2.2L)
    I have beaten many a car in my 98 base (civic Si, GS-R, stang, camaro), but I'd consider myself an 'much above average driver' so would many other people.
    Handling of the SH hammers the wrx. The one thing that I don't like about the wrx that I creamed my shorts over the Lude was the fact that it was THAT aerodynamic (i.e. the highway at ANY speed) I think it's a tad sexier than the wrx too. (I wish I could afford both)
    TORQUE..HONDA...HAHAHA
    like the song says 'the salad shooter has more torque than I do'
    turbocharge the Lude-->you have a KILLER RIDE!
    supercharge the Lude-->don't expect the car to last!
    I never bought the Lude with the 'aftermarket' frame of mind. fact is, it's so F'in heavy, you can't make it BURN! (SH weighs 3040lbs. /2950lbs for base as opposed to 3080/wrx sedan and 3165lbs for the wagon)
    for example, a Mugen full exhaust (headers back) will set you back almost 2 large. for what you ask? about 14 hp :jerking motion:
    the only way to get those things to run is FI....or spend some large bills and rebuild the motor so you can hook up a bottle to it
    VTEC WAS a great thing. it's overrated now....FUN though
    I still miss my Lude...everyday. Am I saying that the WRX doesn't compare? You'll NEVER hear me say that!
    I still give 'thumbs up' to Luders that I see...if they aren't all riced out, which has become the case, basically...then I just ROAST THEIR ASS!!!!
    sorry for the rant, but I get EXCITED over this!!! hehe
    to answer your question (having driven them both), YES, with matching drivers, auto or manual, a stock wrx will outrun a stock Prelude even on a cloudy day!
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

sorry...me again...
    my best time in my 98 lude (stock, spare taken and trunk mat taken out was 14.96x with a .503 R/T ) that was in late aug 01.
    I've still to take my 03 wagon to the track. anyone know the 'test 1/4' on the 03 wagon? is it 14.5? *this isn't counting my fat ass* lol
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

I've raced several ludes since I bought my Rex... and none of them have come close... from both a roll and a dig... nice cars though.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

A friend has a 98 SH, i can say the rex does not handle like the lude. From my exp. the SH with ATTS makes drives great, the best for a FWD.
    My car is faster for sure but i would not run him from a 100mph roll, from being in the car i think a lude would win from 100.
    with 3 people i have seen 135 on the speedo and still going in the lude.

I think they are nice cars, but the rex is better all around.

200hp N/A is nice though.

Thanks for the info guys

I once raced a lude from 50-100mph. It kept up all the way up to middle of 3rd gear and the by the time I shifted into 4th gear, I started pulling. It had some nice top-end power. This happened with all my mods. Lude was 5th generation with exhaust and possibly CAI mods.

Originally posted by WRXreX
    I once raced a lude from 50-100mph. It kept up all the way up to middle of 3rd gear and the by the time I shifted into 4th gear, I started pulling. It had some nice top-end power. This happened with all my mods. Lude was 5th generation with exhaust and possibly CAI mods.
    I'm thinking he had more than CAI and exhaust to keep up with you with your mods...I know the Rexy doesn't trap all that high, but still - your third gear should have walked him IMO with your mods (correct me if I'm wrong please)

If not, then I need to go find me a REX with your mods and see how I do...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

WRXrex, no doubt about it. If he held up with you with all of your mods, he must've had a blower or SOMETHING.....an cheesy fart can for the lude and cold air intake isn't DOG CRAP on the Lude...it yields NOTHING (11hp MAYBE)
    3rd gear was favorite in the Lude...it PULLED. With juice, 3rd pulls like second...REEEAALLLLL FUN *we won't tell that to mr. clutchmaster though*
    the Lude is ALL ABOUT top end power...the fun starts at 5grand and goes all the way up to redline *a bit past 7* I give such great credit to those Honda engineers....h22's are made for A BEATING!!! 5 out of 7 days a week, my Lude saw over 100mph. I LOVED beating the crap out of the VTEC solenoid. I hit almost 150mph several times (before she cut off 0n me)
    something I WILL NEVER try in my wagon
    try putting 200 bucks worth of groceries in a Lude...no can do!!!
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

I believe that the SH has 200 hp stock and the base has 195 hp. Three of my friends have base 5th gen ludes. They are nice handling cars and fairly quick, but can't keep up with rexes. The 5 hp is not a big difference, but I just thought I'd let ya know.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

Originally posted by SupraToWRX
    I believe that the SH has 200 hp stock and the base has 195 hp. Three of my friends have base 5th gen ludes. They are nice handling cars and fairly quick, but can't keep up with rexes. The 5 hp is not a big difference, but I just thought I'd let ya know.
    I think the auto is the one with 195 hp. All manuals, SH or not, as 200 hp...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast