How fast are Preludes? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on How fast are Preludes? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ray, what cars have you owned in the past 15 yrs? sure, we don't trap at 112.42 mph. what's your ...

Ray, what cars have you owned in the past 15 yrs?
    sure, we don't trap at 112.42 mph. what's your 'cut off' of fast...100mph or so? but yeah, both the Lude and the wrx are great fun to drive.
    I'll go hyperdrive in my project car (Grand national possibly)
    Subieguy, the fastest I've done the 1/4 in my stock 98 base was 14.94x . Well, I shouldn't say stock because the spare was removed. I was also on a little less than an eigth of a tank.
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Subiguy831
    a prelude cannot run a 14 sec 1/4 mile

phuck u bliss i was reffering to a stock prelude
    " The Beauty of all wheel drive"

Originally posted by Subiguy831
    phuck u bliss i was reffering to a stock prelude
    so was I...haahaha
    I think Bliss was 'seconding' me
    =STomp-
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

In my own little pea brain, "fast" is anything better than 13.0 or so for a street car. This is purely arbitrary, I know. Im making a rather large disticnction here between "fast" and "quick". I was impressed in many ways by both the WRX and the Prelude, but niether struck me as "fast".
    And in no pariticular order, in the last 15 years Ive owned: 71 442 w-30 455 4-spd (12.80's@ 104 on slicks), 76 280z w/ 355ci small chevy and th350 (11.90's@116 on drag radials), 93 5.0 mustang supercharged to 11psi (12.60's @108 on drag radials), 69 GTO Judge w/ built 400 and 4-spd (only time at the strip it broke a rear axle at the 1000' mark..yes, I saw Elvis..but IIRC the 1/8th time was 8.1X..I dont know...I didnt keep the time slip and let's just say I was...somewhat distracted at that point), and a 99 SS Camaro, which I traded for the WRX, that ran 12.90's @ 106, stock. Also, several sport bikes (currently a TL1000s), and one drag bike, which I grenaded when I used N2O to try to run an 8 sec 1/4
    So I guess it would seem Im a V8 guy thats gone to the dark side having bought a WRX, but I dont see it that way; it's all about having fun to me. Which is why I was amused by some of the people getting all hot and bothered about which car was "better"...if youre having fun in a KIA, get on w/ your bad self and dont let what anybody else says or thinks get in your way.
    -Ray

EDIT: and at one time or another, everyone of those cars got thier as* handed to them on the street...there is ALWAYS somebody faster!
    Last edited by rayray; 08-25-2003 at 07:33 AM.

Ray, first off, KIA'S BLOOOWWW!!!! so do Hyundai....NO TASTE, whatsoever!!!
    secondly, YOU ARE the man!!! the GTO's of old.....<BOW BOW> camaro <BOW BOW>
    you just can't compare to v8's, especially big blocks!!!
    do you have any pics of the Judge and others? i'd love to see them
    =STomp-=
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

i heart my 142 ft lbs of torque

i got an rsx type s aspec. its pretty fun to drive and it feels tighter then my friends wrx. just a curious question..not calling anyone out in anyway............but how many people that bash on vtec have actually driven a car with it? i love the subaru and the turbo spool on cool nights but its also really fun to drive a vtec motor. the rsx-s gains like 15-20hp when it hit vtec its insane and sometimes breaks traction when it hit vtec when its cold out. and yea i know it has ****ty torque and bottom end so dont bother bashing that.......WRXLUDE there is a guy that lives by me has a lude and has like 8g's of work done to it and i killed him from a roll at like 10mph up to 100. i totally agree that it depends on the driver, this guy also thinks an rsx comes stock with 260hp lol i wish..

Quote Originally Posted by caucaznSTi
    i got an rsx type s aspec. its pretty fun to drive and it feels tighter then my friends wrx. just a curious question..not calling anyone out in anyway............but how many people that bash on vtec have actually driven a car with it? i love the subaru and the turbo spool on cool nights but its also really fun to drive a vtec motor. the rsx-s gains like 15-20hp when it hit vtec its insane and sometimes breaks traction when it hit vtec when its cold out. and yea i know it has ****ty torque and bottom end so dont bother bashing that.......WRXLUDE there is a guy that lives by me has a lude and has like 8g's of work done to it and i killed him from a roll at like 10mph up to 100. i totally agree that it depends on the driver, this guy also thinks an rsx comes stock with 260hp lol i wish..
    I am usually the one of the guys around here defending vtec and honda's in general.. This board is pretty educated on car, but you still have your bad apples that think an EG hatch with a B18C1 and boost is rice
    Having owned a mid 14sec bolt on GSR with a bunch of suspension goodies as well I can attest to them being great cars. Better than my wrx? No... but very nice cars nonetheless. If AWD was no so important to me I might have very well gotten an RSX-S instead of my wrx.

By the way, if your stock RSX-S A-spec beat a lude with $8k worth of engine work something is SERIOUSLY wrong. Just a JRSC (Jackson racing supercharger) and exhaust will put that car into low 14's high 13's and trapping 100+mph
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yet another Honduh fanboy who thinks VTEC is a power adding thing.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Vtaaaaaaak

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.