How fast are Preludes? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on How fast are Preludes? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; shut ur filthy mouths, it was a J . O . K . E , now go wipe all ur ...

shut ur filthy mouths, it was a J . O . K . E , now go wipe all ur Vag1nas's and have a coke and a smile and sh*t the F3ck up. but hurt lil panzies god, and ricer? yeah my Sh1t is sooooooooo ricey... is it my fault people get butt hurt because they cant distinguise good fun? and to smokey and Lude, i am still a honda fan, and grew UP! around honda drag racing, not fast and the furious street racing, my brother was friends with stephan papadakis, and owned a 12.8 second acura GSR in 94, it was a joke to say honda lacks torque in reality they do, even the NSX, but they are great track cars. it was a JOKE
    Last edited by Subiguy831; 08-19-2003 at 09:53 PM.
    " The Beauty of all wheel drive"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Subiguy831
    shut ur filthy mouths, it was a J . O . K . E , now go wipe all ur Vag1nas's and have a coke and a smile and sh*t the F3ck up. but hurt lil panzies god, and ricer? yeah my Sh1t is sooooooooo ricey... is it my fault people get butt hurt because they cant distinguise good fun? and to smokey and Lude, i am still a honda fan, and grew UP! around honda drag racing, not fast and the furious street racing, my brother was friends with stephan papadakis, and owned a 12.8 second acura GSR in 94, it was a joke to say honda lacks torque in reality they do, even the NSX, but they are great track cars. it was a JOKE
    Whoa...WTF was that all about???

I was totally joking with you since you made it apparent that you were joking with me...damn, you need to recheck your emotions man.

I can't tell if you were going at me or what...but the fact that you said "I am still a HOnda fan and grew UP" makes me think you think I'm beefing with you...damn man, WTF did I say to get you all crazy like that?

My post was totally positive towards you and your car.

Seriously, I am hoping this is a big misunderstanding on your part because I said NOTHING negative towards you. NOTHING.

Edit: the more I read your response, the more pissed off I am getting. My post to you was asking you straight up question : what's it like driving a car with torque coming from being a HOnda afficianado? I even said that I would seriously consider owning a WRX. So what's with the craziness???
    Last edited by smokey; 08-20-2003 at 10:08 AM.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

in my old Celica GT-S with intake, pullies and exhaust I raced a stock wrx.

0-60 he pulled like 2.5 cars.
    in 3rd gear I pulled hard.
    at about 95 mph I started to pass him so he stopped racing.

He was pretty damn good at driving too. His launches were crazy.

In my new wrx I raced a new 04 5spd auto Maxima. he pulled me like 5 cars. We raced from 20-100 on the highway.

so based on my real life experiences the stock rex is slow top end. So i don't see how it can keep up with a Prelude on the highway stock.

Someone explain?

OMFG its a J O K E , i know for a FACT a prelude can out run a wrx on the freeway unless ur pumping a bigger turbo and other stuff the fact is the EJ20 has WAYYYY more potential and reliability WITH that potential then the H22 will EVER have because the Ej20 is designed with a TURBO block a REX will devour a Prelude lower and mid end any day of the week, i just happened to race a oklahoma plated prelude on my lunch break and toyed with him with ease, the rex looses alot of power through the drive train about 27% power loss in the transmission, get a phuckin clue read all the replies and posts before u start running ur mouth, not only does it loose power through the drive train the awd system divides more power to each wheel as in a FF or a FR only has two wheels to pull or push, and smokey no hard feelings it was a miss understanding dude. as for the maxima, you should be able to out run it for a few car lenghts at 1 - 2 gear, but after that im sure u cant because it has less power lose to the wheels and its a FF. good bye amen case closed " of course im comparing stock vs stock, the prelude i raced had exhaust and... atlezza...... and i dont know what else.... get a down pipe and u'll have better mid end"
    Last edited by Subiguy831; 08-20-2003 at 01:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Again,
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Heres a fact. Stock Preludes trap at about 90mph. Stock WRX is about 94mph. A WRX will pull on a stock Lude anyday. And just so you know that I am not biased, my last car was a 93 Si 2.3l with a DPR head, Web cams, cam gears, headers, intake yada yada yada. After $4,000 in mods it was only as fast as a WRX and now that I have put $600 in my WRX it will wax any Lude that doesn't have forced induction.

heh calm down man!
    actually I think a stock turbo after downpipe/uppipe/catback and some ECu management can be getting close to 100mph trap so that should be able to take any lude

Originally posted by Subiguy831
    OMFG its a J O K E , i know for a FACT a prelude can out run a wrx on the freeway unless ur pumping a bigger turbo and other stuff the fact is the EJ20 has WAYYYY more potential and reliability WITH that potential then the H22 will EVER have because the Ej20 is designed with a TURBO block a REX will devour a Prelude lower and mid end any day of the week, i just happened to race a oklahoma plated prelude on my lunch break and toyed with him with ease, the rex looses alot of power through the drive train about 27% power loss in the transmission, get a phuckin clue read all the replies and posts before u start running ur mouth, not only does it loose power through the drive train the awd system divides more power to each wheel as in a FF or a FR only has two wheels to pull or push, and smokey no hard feelings it was a miss understanding dude. as for the maxima, you should be able to out run it for a few car lenghts at 1 - 2 gear, but after that im sure u cant because it has less power lose to the wheels and its a FF. good bye amen case closed " of course im comparing stock vs stock, the prelude i raced had exhaust and... atlezza...... and i dont know what else.... get a down pipe and u'll have better mid end"
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

heh ur prob right..

Talking

Are U talking 2 me

thing is....I (have taken ) and would take the Lude up past 140mph most any day....unfortunately, I can't say the same for the WRX. I think i've taken my wagon up to 100mph..once...
    the Lude cuts the highway air like it's NOTHING
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Wow...somebody really touched on some nerves here. Why dont we all relax? While both good cars in thier own way, niether is remotely what Id call fast in stock form anyway
    -Ray

Originally posted by rayray
    Wow...somebody really touched on some nerves here. Why dont we all relax? While both good cars in thier own way, niether is remotely what Id call fast in stock form anyway
    -Ray
    may I suggest the Leerjet forums?
    NOT FAST? and what is? may I suggest pushing down on the pedal? hahaha
    no torque with the Lude gives you the feeling that you aren't going fast....get in a Lude with me in it...go on....saddle up, partner!!! I'll whip you around corners surely having you wet yourself!
    both cars=- I'd consider kinda fast for 4 bangers
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

neither car does better than 14ish at maybe 95mph=not fast. Fun perhaps, but not fast. the point I was making was the heated argument going on about which was faster was pointless, even if somewhat amusing

both cars=- I'd consider kinda fast for 4 bangers
    Ture, but hardly what I'd call an overwhelming endorsement. And your suggestion to "saddle up" so you can show me how fast a prelude is suggests to me you are making some assumptions about my ability to drive the car (or not, as the case may be). The fact is that while the WRX is a lot of fun to drive, and can be made to run pretty hard w/o a lot of effort, it's the slowest car Ive owned in the last 15 years or so; mid to low 14's, to MY mind, is reasonably quick at best, not fast.
    -Ray

a prelude cannot run a 14 sec 1/4 mile

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast