Mr Bob is Back...CL type S bites it
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mr Bob is Back...CL type S bites it within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It has been quite a long time since I have had a chance to safely have a go with someone. ...

Mr Bob is Back...CL type S bites it

It has been quite a long time since I have had a chance to safely have a go with someone. I have been commuting between ATL and CHA for a few months now with the new job and have not really had a good chance at someone. However, it was different last night....

A CL kept swinging in and out of traffic trying to get ahead of everyone on I 75...total a**...well as luck would have it we both exited off onto SR20 and if you know the road there is a light and two lanes merge into one. The weasel took the lane with the right of way in the merge so I knew it had to be a solid kill to get away with it. I don't usually launch hard but I got a monster launch from a 5k feathering and was a good solid 3 car lengths and it was already over. Once on the single lane road there was all kinds of traffic so I just kept with the flow...meanwhile CL decided he would try and pass everyone...does this qualify as a fly by? I let him go knowing he had been badly beaten! It was not the time to be messin around with other involved.

It was nice to add a notch to the belt after 4 months of quiet time!

p
    02 WRX 5sp Wagon
    "Damn, that thing is blue!"
    K&N...more to follow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my buddy has a CL-Type S and has taking all this sh!t about how he could walk all over a rex...now i know it can be done...his girlfriend has a rex and she doesn't drive it that hard so that is all he thinks it can do...should be quite a race

cl type s? i dunno.. you'd probly smoke him.. hard. just don't run passed the 100mph mark he should be coming back with steam flowing out his ears.

--RaCinWRX

He was stopped losing ground once we crested 60mph....I would make sure that you don't go too hard at it...the nice part about getting em on the street is you can safely whip them, then claim safety before you get too fast...it is a beautiful thing! Who wants to go 100mph on a public road anyway...you never know what is around the next corner...

p
    02 WRX 5sp Wagon
    "Damn, that thing is blue!"
    K&N...more to follow

Come on, you can find bigger fish than the CL-S, can't you? Those things are barely faster than the RSX-S and the WRX CRUSHES the RSX-S in every way imaginable. Come back when you have a Ferrari kill... something worthy of the WRX.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Come on, you can find bigger fish than the CL-S, can't you? Those things are barely faster than the RSX-S and the WRX CRUSHES the RSX-S in every way imaginable. Come back when you have a Ferrari kill... something worthy of the WRX.
    Just shut up already, UGH!!! The CL-S is not only a nice car, but also a fast car. It will most likely walk away from a WRX at a slow pace in the triple digit speeds. Please go drive another car so you can stop dry humping every WRX.

Originally posted by 2001S4

Just shut up already, UGH!!! The CL-S is not only a nice car, but also a fast car. It will most likely walk away from a WRX at a slow pace in the triple digit speeds. Please go drive another car so you can stop dry humping every WRX.
    Yup, the CL-S is a very nice car and when it comes out in a 6 speed, it will be faster than it is today. However, an auto CL-S is not fast and it will NOT walk away from a WRX at any speed.
    2002 RSX Type S

Yup, the CL-S is a very nice car and when it comes out in a 6 speed, it will be faster than it is today. However, an auto CL-S is not fast and it will NOT walk away from a WRX at any speed.
    A CL-S in an auto IS fast, and to think otherwise is showing your lack of knowledge.

Originally posted by 2001S4

A CL-S in an auto IS fast, and to think otherwise is showing your lack of knowledge.
    Yeah, because I've never driven inside a CL-S.

I have, and it isn't fast. Well, compared to an RSX-S it is a LITTLE faster but compared to a WRX?
    2002 RSX Type S

when...its been out since march 10th or so...i pull a 9.4 1/8th how would i do with the all mighty WRX...catch me in a couple weeks and that 9.4 will be a 9.1

Originally posted by typeR
    when...its been out since march 10th or so...i pull a 9.4 1/8th how would i do with the all mighty WRX...catch me in a couple weeks and that 9.4 will be a 9.1
    Oh, I knew the release date was very close, didn't realize it had passed.

Still doesn't compare performance wise to a WRX, but it definately has the luxury edge!
    2002 RSX Type S

I ran a WRX from a 20 roll. He got out first, but by 70 we were even by 90 I had 2 cars on him. I know better than to try a WRX from a stop, but from a roll I can beat them.
    Modded!

sorry, but I did a lot of development work on the CL 6-speed and I've been driving that car for a while now and it's not faster than a WRX just so you know...

not faster 0-60 and not faster 1/4 mile... I have a WRX with a uppipe, downpipe, and samco hoses and it's much faster.

have you driven one? a WRX or a CL 6MT? yeah it picks up speed easily up around 70-100mph the WRX can't touch it there, but for $32k I'll go buy a used 4th gen Supra that will amplify that.

Don't get me wrong I like the car as the acceleration is effortless and the shift linkage is very good for a cable type, and I'd love to have one as a daily driver. The LSD makes it pull well out of slow corners and hard turns as well...

Originally posted by ellisnc
    sorry, but I did a lot of development work on the CL 6-speed and I've been driving that car for a while now and it's not faster than a WRX just so you know...

not faster 0-60 and not faster 1/4 mile... I have a WRX with a uppipe, downpipe, and samco hoses and it's much faster.

have you driven one? a WRX or a CL 6MT? yeah it picks up speed easily up around 70-100mph the WRX can't touch it there, but for $32k I'll go buy a used 4th gen Supra that will amplify that.

Don't get me wrong I like the car as the acceleration is effortless and the shift linkage is very good for a cable type, and I'd love to have one as a daily driver. The LSD makes it pull well out of slow corners and hard turns as well...
    the thing you'll need for the 6 mt is...tires a set of stickys up front and it's a whole different story...even with the HLSD you can not launch that thing hard with the stock tires...and as far as fast its all relative...but ill say this ...with just tires the 6mt,should pull low 14's...it may not feel as if you're going that fast ...but you are...

another one of those use "32k and get a supra and beat everything" type of post. Why not just get a foxbody mustang and 6 grand worth of mods to run 11-12's?

CL-S is really fast for a entry level luxury sedan. We can beat it from a deadstop, but from 50 and above.. watch out. It will pull on us. Now with the 6spd manual, the gap will be even closer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.