Mr Bob is Back...CL type S bites it - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mr Bob is Back...CL type S bites it within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by jk147 CL-S is really fast for a entry level luxury sedan. Sedan?...

Originally posted by jk147
    CL-S is really fast for a entry level luxury sedan.
    Sedan?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They are sedans to me. Yeah it got 2 doors, but it it the size of a sedan. I wouldn't call them coupes by any means.

I don't know, I had a 1992 Legend Coupe before and I never considered it a sedan. But hey, it doesn't matter. A nice car is a nice car, regardless of how you classify it.

I have both cars and I'll tell you right now I bought the WRX because the Cl-S could not satisfy me. Even in triple digits the WRX climbs speeds alot quicker, The only thing the Cl-S has over the WRX would be the overall top speed, it will definately do 145 without a problem, maybe even more. The only time you can be beat by a CL-S is if you get caught with your pants down in turbo lag. The CL-S has nice power, but the problem is its too heavy.

Originally posted by TurismoLou
    I have both cars and I'll tell you right now I bought the WRX because the Cl-S could not satisfy me. Even in triple digits the WRX climbs speeds alot quicker, The only thing the Cl-S has over the WRX would be the overall top speed, it will definately do 145 without a problem, maybe even more. The only time you can be beat by a CL-S is if you get caught with your pants down in turbo lag. The CL-S has nice power, but the problem is its too heavy.
    The automatic CL-S runs hard until 115mph then it hits 4th which is geared tall. However once it gets back to VTEC about 125 it flys all the way to its limited top speed around 149. 5th gear is useless and you don't even need it for a top speed run. With the 6sp CL-S this isn't a problem due to wicked gearing.
    Modded!

I agree, 5th gear is useless. All its there for is to get better gas mileage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.