Grocery Wagon vs 98' gen Stang GT

This is a discussion on Grocery Wagon vs 98' gen Stang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Long story short: -Stang pulls up at stop light -Compliments on the Wagon and why its so weird looking -Stang ...

Grocery Wagon vs 98' gen Stang GT

Long story short:

-Stang pulls up at stop light

-Compliments on the Wagon and why its so weird looking

-Stang waits for me to take off of the line

-Wagon is 4eat. No way in hell I can take off of the line

-Stang takes the lead off the line and throws bait going the speed limit

-Wife says race them after they were screaming "RACE YA!" out the window

-Puts 4eat into 3 and punches it as they punched it after a nod

-Stang takes a car length until the turbo kicks in

-Passes Stang, takes 3 car lengths and both shutdown (Not fun anymore cuz I was expecting him to gain.)

-I turned left at the next stop light. Heard them laughing and give me a nice roar from their exhaust as the little wagon headed home with 2 bags full of lean cusines and a gallon of milk

(Note: This is the 3rd time that I took on this model of GT. I know they are not the greatest, but it feels good to beat a car with a 4eat stock wagon. Oh, and no way in hell I'm going to try that to the current 280hp GT til some goodies are installed.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I took a stock (or so it seemed) GT from a normal launch when I only had my cat-back. He was at my back bumper, but I still had him. I love beating V8s
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Nice Kill......BUT a kick ass job with the emoticons!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    the new GT's only have 260hp, not 280 But nonetheless, they are quite a bit quicker than the 96-97 GT's (had 215hp) and the 98's (had 225). Good kill.
    2003 SRT-4

i raced one of those gt's, guessing 98 version. it was quite exhilarating, because i too am a 4eat, but im not stock. either was the stang.

heres the story:

im at the left turn lane right behind this stang that revved at me. there were 2 guys in the stang, they looked pretty much of euro/gino types. once the light turn greens, the stang takes off pretty slow and i follow about 3-4 car lengths behind. right when they completely make the turn, they floor it. im still about 3-4 cars back but i see them floor it and could hear the v8 screaming. i floor it too as i came around the turn, screaching my tires, and get into the left lane. the stang was in the right lane and still flooring it. took me to about 80mph to get right up to it and still pulling. it was so coool. i completely destroyed these two guys in their v8 stang. they gave a thumbs up and went their way.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Nice kill. I got one the other day...went trolling tonight and found nothing though.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH