Porsche Carrera - recent model

This is a discussion on Porsche Carrera - recent model within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like this forum but I never thought I would post here because I don't "race" nor look for one...spirited ...

Porsche Carrera - recent model

I like this forum but I never thought I would post here because I don't "race" nor look for one...spirited driving by myself..yes...well never say never. First off, why would a Carrera want to pick on me (my WRX)? I have no idea but in my defense your Honor, "he started it!"

Anyways, he was behind when we made a left together. He then pulled up to me and just hung beside me to the right egging me on. I was already in 4th and well what the hell. I downshifted to 2nd and it was on.

Did I win you wonder? Well, let's just say from 2nd in my powerband up to 3rd for little bit before I backed off, he didn't blow by me but it was more of a slow crawl/walk. Basically, I can look over a give him a smile. Now that I backed off, he's infront of me. Just for those out there in SC, it's a silver Carrera with a UCI Alumni plate. Go get him

Not bad for a rex with only a mbc eh? In his defense however, I'm sure if it went longer, he probably would have pulled away. But you would be crazy to carry a race in the street and finish out 3rd gear let alone 4th.

The question still remains though. WHY? why not a vette or a viper. I'm just a Rex.

Happy Motoring....BlueMax

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hehe nice death!

Ah, I love Porsches (that's why I bought the poor man's Porsche instead. lol). I was driving around Bethesda, MD yesterday and saw a beautiful 911 carrara (not sure if it was a 2 or 4). I'm looking at his car and I notice he's checking out mine. Kind of nice to know a guy with a $70k+ car is admiring my $25k car. =) I guess we do get respect sometimes huh?

heh beast you sure he was admiring you and not thinking of all the possible ways in which he could destroy you? j/k.
    ONE MORE YEAR AND A 3.5 in college a SCOOBY IS MINE!

Every time I try to get beside a 911 at a stop light, they freaking turn on me! I can't even get beside one on the highway (where I KNOW I would get destroyed). I just want to see what those liquid-cooled flat-sixes have, you know!?

Anyway, nice job fulfilling one of my dreams. I guess I'll have to head up to Rt. 1 in Princeton and go BMW and 911 hunting.

-Jim

PlatinumWRX, you are cracking me up. BMW hunting is a nice idea

Btw I picked up my silver one today, and on the way home a later model Firebird was next to me and he start revving. I told him no way this baby got 10 miles on it then he just pilled off.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

I did race a 911 once. It was a late 80s model, and he had a passenger and I did not. At the first light I just paced him away from the light, he had pulled in front of me at the last second to get a clear lane.

At the next light he pulled into the center lane (I was in the right lane) and we went for it. He actually got a jump on me at the start (I wasn't sure if would race and only launched at 2500rpm) maybe 1, 1.5 car lengths. I started closing on him immediatley, catching him up at a walking pace.

As soon as I got the nose of my car ahead of his he shut off (at about 85 mph). I was somewhat surprised even though he did not have a current 911. I've always been a huge Porsche fan and it gave a great deal of pleasure to be slightly faster than a 911, even if it was (I assume) aprox. 15 years old!
    WR Blue WRX

Originally posted by WishIHadASuby
    heh beast you sure he was admiring you and not thinking of all the possible ways in which he could destroy you? j/k.
    Hm, might have been But I don't think so. Kind of gave a nod before I had to slow down at the red light and his lane kept going. Who knows? The owner of my company has a rag top Carrera. Maybe I'll try to race him.

Having worked for a Porsche tuner, I can definitely say that a 911, of any year, is a machine not to be taked lightly. I was riding a friends GSXR-600 (a rather potent motorcycle - for those of you who stick to 4-wheel transportation) headed south on the new jersey turnpike last summer. It was rather early in the morning. It was dry and cool and I was flying - probably in the 95 - 100mph range. In my left mirror - I catch this silver thing coming up behind me - its a porsche - a 911 - but somethings different about it. As is roars by I catch the RUF emblem on the back. For those of you not farmiliar with RUF - Ill just say: they make some of the fastest street cars in the world. So I figure ill check him out. Hes going about 120 as I catch up to him - just before exit 6 for the PA turnpike. Well just as I got up to his passenger side window to check him out - he took off like he was in 2nd! I didnt even bother to try and catch him - he must have been going 140 at least...

Fast you say? yeah - theyre fast alright....

Speed Safely,

Joe

I think more and more people are beginning to realize just how incredible the WRX really is. I mean, there isn't anything that the WRX can't do with a little bit of time and even less money.

0-60, 1/4: AWD owns you!
    Highway: stock it is well above average, lightly modded it is practically unbeatable unless you are racing a US$50K+ car
    Rally: umm, yeah, right
    AutoX: this car handles WAY better than an ITR (cause they are so godly )
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?