WRX Wagon vs Sentra SE-R Spec V
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Wagon vs Sentra SE-R Spec V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So today when I get to work one of my leads was telling me that the new guy let him ...

WRX Wagon vs Sentra SE-R Spec V

So today when I get to work one of my leads was telling me that the new guy let him drive his Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. He said it was impressive and I think it’s a pretty damned cool car myself. But since everyone got to ride in that I loaded up the WRX wagon and took everyone for a spin and launched it once. Everyone was impressed and all that, but the new guy said that he thought he could take me and wanted to race after work. Now I talk cars a lot, so I would be a total punk if I didn’t race him and all. Which I did, we went twice really. There was a short stretch of road, enough room for me to totally wind out second and then stop before a light, so like 70mph almost. That is about an 8th mile right?

The first time we lined up and we kind of messed up the start and I got a big jump on him, wasn’t fair at all so I apologized and we went again. I let him count down to three, and went. I launched it, 4500rpms and did a pretty good job at it and all that. I had somewhere between 2 and 3 cars on him by 70mph, and I was still pulling away the whole time it seemed. Thought I bet he gave up after the launch, I will have to ask him more about it tomorrow. Either way though, I think his car is damned cool. I respect him for just saying “lets race” instead of like trying to come on a forum and find out if he would win before trying to race someone. It’s best just to go for it I think not be all worried about losing. He was cool about it, he was like “I just couldn’t hook up like you.” Either way, it’s nice to win a race in front of all your work buddies.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run, they are not that powerful from the factory tho.

Apperntly not. I was reading around to see what could be done to them. It takes A LOT to get them more power it seems. I thought it would be easier then that. Plus, unless I just couldn't find a good one. The SE-R forums suck.
    -Andrew

Nice! Lately, I've been fond of the looks of the Sentra...well, the front at least. It has a cool look to it.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Yah.. I was hoping to go online tonight and find a bunch of upgrades and links for SE-R mods you know. And print them out and take them in for him tomorrow. Like "Hey, I think you need some of theese". But really. Most things its like.. 4hp here.. 6hp there. I mean even headers don't claim a large gain. Maybe I just found some lame SE-R places.
    -Andrew

CAI gives them the largest gains other than FI.
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

Despite being underpowered and having some troubles with the 2002 models, the Spec V's are really nice cars. I seem to remember hearing they have pretty good top end and that they handle really well. Plus if you've you've ever sat in one I think most would agree that they have some damn nice seats that really hold you well. Plus IMO (with the exception of the STi and M3), they have some the coolest stock rims. That car definitely gets much respect from me.

yeah, i really like the rims on the stock Spec V.. my friends got one... exhaust/intake.... very nice car.... and yeah, they do have a pretty good top end.... but off the line, torque steer sucks.... you try to launch and your pullin left and right.... oh well... very nice cars though

http://forums.thevboard.com/index.php

Check out that place, very nice site. The people are all very friendly, even have a few WRX owners around.

It is not as mod friendly as the Rex or even my ride, but it has decent aftermarket support with Nismo, etc... Now they are working on a F/I kit as well, so you will see a few turbo'ed Spec's driving around in the future.

But their claim to fame is NOT their top end but rather their low end power. Relatively speaking, they have a nice amount of torque for a $17K car. And as someone else said, they have really nice stock wheels/tires which allow them to handle really well.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Go to http://forums.thevboard.com/index.php?c=1 or b15sentra.net..good sites with lots of info..the reason the mods you read about don't give a lot of power is there are very few tuners who have really worked on the QR25 yet..the june or july issue of Sport compact car had a break down of pretty much all the bolt ons and the horsepower gains on the spec v..there are also a couple of independents making turbos for the car. A QR25 with a turbo is a BEAST..so I've read . I loved my '03 and the spec will ALWAYS have my respect. Damn fine car for the money and even outhandles the WRX..
    -Colin

'03 Blue Meanie Rex
    '88 Isuzu I-Mark RS Turbo
    '83 Porsche 944
    '79 Datsun 280ZX the "Skittle"
    '77 Datsun 280Z
    '72 Datsun 240Z Blue 'not so" Meanie

I like the looks of the 02-03 SE-R's, but I think Nissan made a big mistake with the 04 redesign. The front of that car is ugly, ugly, ugly.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

eh... i like the early 90's SE-R's way better.... i guess u can say i have bad taste.. but if u know anything about quality you'll know what im saying
    " The Beauty of all wheel drive"

I raced one this weekend both from a roll and from a stop. It wasn't funny, I almost felt sorry for the guy.

The guy at work keeps going on about how he believes he would take me if he had the traction, im like, no man, no.
    -Andrew

hit em up from a roll

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.