Anyone get a chance to race a new M3 or V8 S4?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone get a chance to race a new M3 or V8 S4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i can't get anyone with a new M3 to even go 60mph around here..How do modded WRX's stack up?? I'm ...

Anyone get a chance to race a new M3 or V8 S4?

i can't get anyone with a new M3 to even go 60mph around here..How do modded WRX's stack up?? I'm running a full stage 4 with APS HUUGE top mount, etc...let me know...

Also, how about the new s4's or c32 kompressors???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    I don't know if this helps, but I have gone against a E46 M3 from a 60mph roll and man, oh man...That thing left me so fast. It put about 7 car lenghts up to 100mph (we were going downhill, 100mph came very, very fast for him...). It was ugly The worst beating I have ever experienced...I was running 16psi at the time and the air was cold (if that helps). I don't think that the outcome would be much better against the other 2. But then again, your set up will help you a lot....

JH

my little sister has a 02 m3 and from my experience you should have no problem beating them especially with the launch of the rex.
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

Owned a E46 M3

Most of the time guys with those cars "wont waste their time" with cars like ours. I lucked out and found two younger dudes in a new M3 when I raced them.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I lost to an M3 as well because the UTEC was pulling timing at higher RPM forced me to shift at 5k on 2nd and 3rd gear. I need to get my car tuned ,,,,bad!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Man, I don't know what's wrong with you guys. I was at 70 miles an hour on the I-10 freeway in Houston when a new M3 came rolling all up on my backside. I changed lanes to the left, got even with his bumper, jumped on him a few times to see if he was game then I kicked down to third and I pulled to 150 and left him so far behind that I had to wait 20 seconds to see his headlights again.

Sounds like B.S., huh?

Let's just say I wasn't driving my STi...

1200cc's of Kawasaki ZX-11 motor cramed into a frame wins all.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX-1200
    Last edited by Master Of Pain; 08-13-2003 at 07:40 AM.

since u have a stage 4, you should be able to take those cars, but not by much......those cars you've mentioned run low to mid 13's
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

My best friend's cousin has a white M3 (E46), and wants to race me. He's a doctor in a town an hour away from where I am, so it's difficult for us to find a chance to go at it. As of today, I'm a Stage II + uppipe and intake. I'm really curious as to how well I'll do. He has the SMG tranny, so he'll be able to shift hella faster than I will, but I'm still excited to run against him
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I ran a new E46 going 5S in SD... I ran him from an 80mph roll.. needless to say, he pulled HARD all the way till 140 and then we both backed off.. he had a bus length on me or so... I was HELLA impressed. I love those cars. He had a HUGE grin on his face and we gave each other a thumbs up and I took off. I was completely stock at the time (no plates either).
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by swipe112
    WRXin'

G'luck, but considering all you have is a stage II and he has SMG, I don't think your chances are high. People w/ stage II's tend to run mid 13's while M3 tend to run low 13's stock. If you race from a roll, this gap increases even more. Either way, it'll be a fun race.
    I should've clarified a little more. I meant to say that I was excited to see by how much I'd lose...haha It'll be so much fun though...I'll go down like a champ
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.