Anyone get a chance to race a new M3 or V8 S4?

This is a discussion on Anyone get a chance to race a new M3 or V8 S4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i can't get anyone with a new M3 to even go 60mph around here..How do modded WRX's stack up?? I'm ...

Anyone get a chance to race a new M3 or V8 S4?

i can't get anyone with a new M3 to even go 60mph around here..How do modded WRX's stack up?? I'm running a full stage 4 with APS HUUGE top mount, etc...let me know...

Also, how about the new s4's or c32 kompressors???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    I don't know if this helps, but I have gone against a E46 M3 from a 60mph roll and man, oh man...That thing left me so fast. It put about 7 car lenghts up to 100mph (we were going downhill, 100mph came very, very fast for him...). It was ugly The worst beating I have ever experienced...I was running 16psi at the time and the air was cold (if that helps). I don't think that the outcome would be much better against the other 2. But then again, your set up will help you a lot....

JH

my little sister has a 02 m3 and from my experience you should have no problem beating them especially with the launch of the rex.
    Stage 4 (vf34) + tmic + mbc

Owned a E46 M3

Most of the time guys with those cars "wont waste their time" with cars like ours. I lucked out and found two younger dudes in a new M3 when I raced them.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I lost to an M3 as well because the UTEC was pulling timing at higher RPM forced me to shift at 5k on 2nd and 3rd gear. I need to get my car tuned ,,,,bad!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Man, I don't know what's wrong with you guys. I was at 70 miles an hour on the I-10 freeway in Houston when a new M3 came rolling all up on my backside. I changed lanes to the left, got even with his bumper, jumped on him a few times to see if he was game then I kicked down to third and I pulled to 150 and left him so far behind that I had to wait 20 seconds to see his headlights again.

Sounds like B.S., huh?

Let's just say I wasn't driving my STi...

1200cc's of Kawasaki ZX-11 motor cramed into a frame wins all.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX-1200
    Last edited by Master Of Pain; 08-13-2003 at 06:40 AM.

since u have a stage 4, you should be able to take those cars, but not by much......those cars you've mentioned run low to mid 13's
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

My best friend's cousin has a white M3 (E46), and wants to race me. He's a doctor in a town an hour away from where I am, so it's difficult for us to find a chance to go at it. As of today, I'm a Stage II + uppipe and intake. I'm really curious as to how well I'll do. He has the SMG tranny, so he'll be able to shift hella faster than I will, but I'm still excited to run against him
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I ran a new E46 going 5S in SD... I ran him from an 80mph roll.. needless to say, he pulled HARD all the way till 140 and then we both backed off.. he had a bus length on me or so... I was HELLA impressed. I love those cars. He had a HUGE grin on his face and we gave each other a thumbs up and I took off. I was completely stock at the time (no plates either).
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by swipe112
    WRXin'

G'luck, but considering all you have is a stage II and he has SMG, I don't think your chances are high. People w/ stage II's tend to run mid 13's while M3 tend to run low 13's stock. If you race from a roll, this gap increases even more. Either way, it'll be a fun race.
    I should've clarified a little more. I meant to say that I was excited to see by how much I'd lose...haha It'll be so much fun though...I'll go down like a champ
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!