WRX vs. M Roadster
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. M Roadster within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Long story, and doesn't really contain any illeagal street racing just comparisons and drives of both. I'm down in pensecola ...

WRX vs. M Roadster

Long story, and doesn't really contain any illeagal street racing just comparisons and drives of both.

I'm down in pensecola for a couple of days so last night I went out with my friend who is in also. We took the WRX in for it's first and last beating, very twisty roads at full speed, very spirited driving, but no launching or for that matter fast takeoffs. Anyway once that is over with we head over to steak and shake to get back to his car, a 1998 M3 Roadster. Anyway after some convincing we get to exchange cars. (I already let him drive earlier and he commented that it feels alot faster than the M)

Anyway, first thing I notice is that reverse is extremely hard to get into, and everything is so much more aside from the steering. Braking is excellent, clutch is too stiff for me, requires one to depress to it's fullest extent or else you grind gears. shifting requires a lot more effort and there is a tad more throw (I have the sti short shifter, the m has a short throw also I think)
    I also accidentally spun the wheels when he told me to take off, pretty funny, tires sucked though. Anyway There is no dogged-up gear like the wrx even up to 5th pulls very well. But head to head they are almost even maybe the wrx being a tad faster, although my friend tells me that it hasn't been that well taken care of and has probly lost some of it's oomph and needs to be tuned (inherited car from his father (RIP), kind've long story)
    So that's my analysis, so wrx wins? maybe he's right and it has lost some serious power, who knows.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so? 57 views and not one reply? that's insane hehe

m roadsters

Sounds like fun. I like their old school style. The 2001 got a big bump in power and is no doubt a blast to drive. IIRC they trap close to 110 mph right out of the box; I'd like to see one run with sticky tires. They can tear up the twisties too, if oversteer is kept in check. I'd love one for my sunny day car.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Well, It didn't feel to confident in the twisties mainly being the tires were "teh suck" and pretty worn. Plus that accidental burn-out didn't help my confidence either, eheh. But it made me realize the great thing about awd.

oh yeah I also forgot to mention that in the M it makes you feel like you are going a lot more faster than you really are, mostly because it's a convertible and really small, which scares me. But I still wouldn't mind having the car It's for sale btw hehe.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.