WRX vs SRT-4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off let me say these cars have pull. It is not AWD which is a disadvantage in the 1/4 ...

WRX vs SRT-4

First off let me say these cars have pull. It is not AWD which is a disadvantage in the 1/4 mile but on the freeway you better have some serious upgrades if you think you can take one from a roll. Anyway bumped into a SRT-4 owner at a local Krispy Kreme and asked if he wanted to run. He was down and I asked him if he had any mods and he said all he had was a boost controller. I have downpipe, upipe Hiflow cat, and intake. I am thinking I am going to spank this guy. I Mean it is a neon. Anyway we get on the freeway and start from a second gear roll at 40mph and he pulls on me hard. At this time I found a new found respect for neons at least SRT4's. We went again from stop and a it was still close because he has more top end than I will ever be able to squeeze out of the stock turbo. I got a good launch and pulled away from him in 1st and 2nd and he starts pulling back in 3rd. I shut it down at around 100mph not sure I was part of the way through 4th figuring that was about a 1/4 mile. He was at least at my front passenger door at this time. I dont know exactly how much boost he was runnin but SRT4's are definitly worthy competitors. Not like POS mustangs.

Needless to say I am going to start saving for my 20G as of tonight.
    Last edited by I H8 V8's; 08-12-2003 at 03:06 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

...SRT4's are definitly worthy competitors. Not like POS mustangs.
    w3rd!

Nice runs!!
    Last edited by drizze99; 08-12-2003 at 10:34 AM.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

i H8 V8's do you have a boost controller?

that was me....

Hey what's up! I thought you told me you had a turboback exhaust too and you had ported heads too! Anyway it was fun and remember you had an extra passenger than me too. From a stop we were even by 70mph and i was passing at least thats what i thought.....until we shut it down because i missed shifted going from third to fourth and put it in second!!!!! We will have to do it again when you get the 20g!!!! good race though and it's not just a neon...2.4l turbo...just the body is the same...kinda.
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

Nice runs. Once again, good to see wrx and srt drivers getting along and respecting each other's cars

if you guys hook up again a camera would be cool...

The Wrx should've had an mbc too. Throw that phat a$$ out of the car if the race is close next time

Re: WRX vs SRT-4

Originally posted by I H8 V8's
    He was down and I asked him if he had any mods and he said all he had was a boost controller. I have downpipe, upipe Hiflow cat, and intake. I am thinking I am going to spank this guy.

Sell your intake and get a boost controller if you don't have one. I have proven to myself and countless others have seen the benefits of staying with the stock airbox and running an upgraded filter (K&N, etc.) until you have an extremely large compressor (like the 20g). You should also consider intercooler hoses, although I hope you are going to a FMIC with the 20g, so the IC hoses would be a waste of $.

Anyway, good race and those us who are smart respect the SRT-4 (even if we've beaten them).

-Jim

Agree with the last 2 posts, I wouldn't be surprised if he was gaining more hp from his mbc than you were with your downpipe, uppipe, and intake. Get boost control, or better yet, engine management.
    -Rob
    02 WRX

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Nice runs. Once again, good to see wrx and srt drivers getting along and respecting each other's cars
    srt-4's SUCK~!!!!!! ok jk. i almost got into a race with one but there was too much traffic, so instead of instigating something, i turned around. if i wasnt looking into something more luxury at the same time speed, id get one as my new car. instead, my eyes are set up on the 20ae gti in imola yellow/or jazz blue. dunno yet.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I am getting boost controller next week. And it has a lot to do with my turbo because his pulls hard up top where mine has good mid range and falls off. Even with a boost controller it will still fall off up top. Plus I just want more power in general and have heard nothing but good things about the 20G and its cheap.

Around a $1000

Cool turbo and top end...

maybe it's just me.. i have no problems with pull up in the top mph/rpm range...hell i have ran the stock turbo and fuel system to the top of the speedo.. even gave a friend of mine a ride and he says the same.. mine seems to pull just fine all the way to 135+ on the speedo... i have a some mods but no eng mangt yet.. can't imagine getting more out of the car without major upgrades now... then again maybe its just the cars i have raced.. on a roll......
    it's stock really....

Re: WRX vs SRT-4

Originally posted by I H8 V8's
    First off let me say these cars have pull. It is not AWD which is a disadvantage in the 1/4 mile but on the freeway you better have some serious upgrades if you think you can take one from a roll. Anyway bumped into a SRT-4 owner at a local Krispy Kreme and asked if he wanted to run. He was down and I asked him if he had any mods and he said all he had was a boost controller. I have downpipe, upipe Hiflow cat, and intake. I am thinking I am going to spank this guy. I Mean it is a neon. Anyway we get on the freeway and start from a second gear roll at 40mph and he pulls on me hard. At this time I found a new found respect for neons at least SRT4's. We went again from stop and a it was still close because he has more top end than I will ever be able to squeeze out of the stock turbo. I got a good launch and pulled away from him in 1st and 2nd and he starts pulling back in 3rd. I shut it down at around 100mph not sure I was part of the way through 4th figuring that was about a 1/4 mile. He was at least at my front passenger door at this time. I dont know exactly how much boost he was runnin but SRT4's are definitly worthy competitors. Not like POS mustangs.

youre pushing your luck pal... a new gt would definately take a stock wrx... and you hate v8's? why? dont be jealous because i can run 12's with intake and exhaust and it takes you a new turbo to run 12's... come on now, dont be so stupid.

Question 12's.....

so what kind of car do you have to get into the 12's with just an intake and exhaust? i have'nt read to many stories in any car mag that has a stock car that's close to 12's or lower other than maybe a Z06, viper, 03cobra.. so whatcha got.......
    it's stock really....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast