WRX vs SRT-4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; your kidding if you think a stock srt-4 will be able to hang with a sti from a roll or ...

your kidding if you think a stock srt-4 will be able to hang with a sti from a roll or stop.

STI are putting down 255-260 AWHP and the same TQ.

And from a roll to hang with a srt-4, a standard wrx will need a more boost (MBC) and an tback exhaust at a minumum...
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have to back up amethystGTO on this one. a stock trans-am does put out about 300 hp at the wheels. and if you get the ws6 package there are a TON of factory options you can get that will put you in the 12's and still have a warrenty. most order the airbox and exhaust when they order their cars and run about 12.8 with this setup. i work for a chevy dealer and drive SS camaros all the time and they are definatly 12 and 13 second cars.
    2004 WRX WRBlue 4EAT (my wifes car)

see

BUT, the ws6 isnt that much different from the base t/a... i couldnt justify the extra price they were going for when i got mine... id rather drop it on performance.

basic differences are:
    ram air hood with raised lower air box
    slp level 1 suspension(good for .91g's on skidpad)
    17 inch wheels and tires
    hurst shifter
    slp exhaust/catback system(usually a mufflered loudmouth system)
    and front strut bar with upgraded front and rear sway bars.

they are very close in the 1/4 mile... the ws6 might pull it out by a tenth or two. a few f bodys have run 12's stock, but its not an every day occurance... i guess it all comes down to the driver.

Once again, why are you comparing a V8 to a 4 banger? You're bragging about how your T/A will beat any wrx. So what? That's not so hard to do considering your almost triple displacement (5.7L) and 4 extra cylinders.

And if you thought the guy who said the wrx is god is for real, get a clue. He was just ruffling your feathers.

Both of you hate mustangs. Ok, so why are you two arguing in the first place?
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 08-14-2003 at 09:46 PM.

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    your kidding if you think a stock srt-4 will be able to hang with a sti from a roll or stop.
    Again, from a stop the Sti would win easily.

I wasn't kidding about from a roll. A stock STi has a nice amount of torque in the low end but the top end is still disappointing. Most folks trap 100-102mph in the 1/4 mile. That's about what stock SRT-4s are trapping. Hence, it would be a driver's race.

For the record, I'm not hating on the STi. I actually love the car. About the top end, nothing that intake and exhaust can't fix .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

I was refering to a GT mustang not an LS1. When you said a stock GT could take a WRX I thought you were refering to as if it was your car. My Bad. I do not doubt LS1 is a bad ass car and I must have missed the fact that you drove one.

Originally posted by I H8 V8's
    I was refering to a GT mustang not an LS1. When you said a stock GT could take a WRX I thought you were refering to as if it was your car. My Bad. I do not doubt LS1 is a bad ass car and I must have missed the fact that you drove one.
    Don't worry, I got the SAME thing out of his post! It completely sounded like he drove a rustang.

AmethystGTO, can you please refrain from name calling? Very clever how skirted around the language filter, but there is no reason to name call. We are all adults here (atleast I hope so) and good honest debate is always welcome.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

no no, i will NEVER drive a punestang... cant stand them. however, a stock gt WILL pull a stock wrx. thats a fact. the wrx doesnt have enough top end power to take the gt from a roll on, and from a stop it will be very close. once you start modding, i think the gt has more potential for the dollar amount. but again, its still a punestang.

from a roll maybe. From a stop no way. And I speak from experience.

Comparing apples to oranges again
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Good races.. I remember when I raced my freinds srt-4 when i had mods+a MBC he beat me, but it was a close race though.

Then i got a UTEC, did some tuning, and he has a Mopar stg.1 package now. Last time we raced from a second gear roll I won still.. the utec made a huge difference i think. or the mopar kit made his car slower lol.

Seriously, there are a couple of guys over at the srt forums that believe the mopar stg one upgrade made there cars slower! I find it funny that they get an extra 20 hp and now there slower...i'm thinking it's in dire need of lsd (not the drug)...!!lol
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

Originally posted by Jaysonsrt4
    Seriously, there are a couple of guys over at the srt forums that believe the mopar stg one upgrade made there cars slower! I find it funny that they get an extra 20 hp and now there slower...i'm thinking it's in dire need of lsd (not the drug)...!!lol
    Stage 1 shaved .5 off my quarter mile, not bad for $328. Those guys are complaining because they have a boost controller, and the stage 1 ecu is better at detecting and limiting spark when overboost is encountered. So, they're trying to cheat the system and the car pulls power.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

I just got my stg one and bov today....does that mean good bye to txs bc? Can't wait till i get back out to the track!
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

Originally posted by Jaysonsrt4
    I just got my stg one and bov today....does that mean good bye to txs bc? Can't wait till i get back out to the track!
    IMO, yes.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast