WRX vs SRT-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AmethystGTO dont be jealous because i can run 12's with intake and exhaust and it takes you ...

Re: Re: WRX vs SRT-4

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    dont be jealous because i can run 12's with intake and exhaust and it takes you a new turbo to run 12's... come on now, dont be so stupid.
    And how much extra displacement does your V8 have compared to a 4 banger? Come on now, don't compare apples to oranges.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

true....
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Re: Re: WRX vs SRT-4

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    youre pushing your luck pal... a new gt would definately take a stock wrx... and you hate v8's? why? dont be jealous because i can run 12's with intake and exhaust and it takes you a new turbo to run 12's... come on now, dont be so stupid.
    First of all, how can you say definite? An *stock* SRT-4 will take a *stock* Mustang GT everytime from a roll or from a dig. I know this as a fact because a couple of members on our SRT forum tested it out. The two guys are friends and one has an 03 GT and the other with an 03 SRT-4. Now, with that being said, a *stock* SRT-4 and a *stock* WRX is a drivers race, therefore, I see no problem with a *stock* WRX beating a *stock* GT.

I also would like to know what V8 with an intake and exhaust puts you in the 12's?

I know that a properly tuned SRT-4 with a Mopar Stg1 kit (328), removed cat (0), Manual boost controller (100), AGP wastegate actuator (150) & DR's (224) will put you in the 12's. That's only a $802.00 investment on a 20K car.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Re: Re: Re: WRX vs SRT-4

Originally posted by drizze99

I know that a properly tuned SRT-4 with a Mopar Stg1 kit (328), removed cat (0), Manual boost controller (100), AGP wastegate actuator (150) & DR's (224) will put you in the 12's. That's only a $802.00 investment on a 20K car.
    And with a warranty too!

Right?

Well, the Mopar Stages you can get covered under warranty, but no the other stuff. That car is running 20psi!!!

Originally posted by amethystGTO

youre pushing your luck pal... a new gt would definately take a stock wrx... and you hate v8's? why? dont be jealous because i can run 12's with intake and exhaust and it takes you a new turbo to run 12's... come on now, dont be so stupid.
    Don't get me wrong I do have respect for muscle cars. But the people I don't like are boneheads like you who think they run twelves with intake and exhaust. I mean get real. You think because you have a V8 you own the road. And you have a lack of respect for the import world. I not only garauntee I will take you in the Quarter but so would an a stock SRT-4 and it would smoke you on a roll. 03 cobras run high 12's and the have 390hp stock, and your saying your 265 hp at the crank with bolt ons which doesnt break 300hp is going to run 12's. You might be high 13's maybe. Get clue man. And dont think your god on the streets. Because there is only one god. And he owns a WRX. Man pass some of the sh@t your smokin over here. If you wanted a real muscle car you bought a Cobra or a WS6. I think I am done with this Guy.
    Last edited by I H8 V8's; 08-14-2003 at 05:41 AM.

Originally posted by I H8 V8's
    Because there is only one god. And he owns a WRX.
    d00d!! He just traded it in on a SRT-4!!

Man pass some of the sh@t your smokin over here.
    Can I get hit, too?

He traded his WRX in for an SRT-4. When did this happen?

He traded his WRX in for an SRT-4. When did this happen?
    I'm pretty sure it was in the middle of February. He was one of the first SRT-4 owners!!

LOL!!! traded it in for an SRT-4 my ass... read the book man... Subi 1:2 'Thy highest being shall own the highest car in the land.... and thus he created the one that is called STI... and it was his finest creation'
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

anyone with a STI ever race a SRT-4

Some guy on the srt forums claims he beat some kid driving one i believe from a roll...however i guess the kid driving the sti had just learned how to drive a clutch a week before. Look in the srt forums war stories and there are some sti Vs srt stories in there...however i believ all the sti owners won the races....
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

Originally posted by XxScoobYxX
    anyone with a STI ever race a SRT-4
    From a stop the STi would own.

From a roll it's a drivers race.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Don't get me wrong I do have respect for muscle cars. But the people I don't like are boneheads like you who think they run twelves with intake and exhaust. I mean get real. You think because you have a V8 you own the road. And you have a lack of respect for the import world. I not only garauntee I will take you in the Quarter but so would an a stock SRT-4 and it would smoke you on a roll. 03 cobras run high 12's and the have 390hp stock, and your saying your 265 hp at the crank with bolt ons which doesnt break 300hp is going to run 12's. You might be high 13's maybe. Get clue man. And dont think your god on the streets. Because there is only one god. And he owns a WRX. Man pass some of the sh@t your smokin over here. If you wanted a real muscle car you bought a Cobra or a WS6. I think I am done with this Guy.
    hey ass hole, im not on here just because i freaking want to be... im trying to learn about your cars so i can mod my friends and help him do good.

uh, and my LS1 does run 12's with intake and exhaust... want me to break down the time slip for you?

i ran a 12.7@111 with lid, filter, headers, off road y pipe and catback. wow... intake and exhaust.

and wait just a minute... where did you get 265 at the crank? my car is rated at 305 at the crank but dynoed at 310/312 stock to the wheels. i now dyno 350 rwhp.

you must not know how to read either... i own a TRANS AM. not a pos punestang... i hate them. my car will walk stock cobras( 03 or not) all day long.

and fyi, the 4 valve cobra motor isnt the best ,infact its kinda crappy. all the mod motors are...

and if the wrx rules the streets, how come i put 15 cars on a wrx when i raced him? no kidding man... it was horrible. he even jumped the gun. this is whats inspired him to spend 10k on his car...

btw, anytime you scooby's want to step up to see who is king of the street, send your fastest wrx out to atlanta... i got some slicks and juice for em btw, on that combo ive run 11.4@122... keep in mind this is on STOCK heads and cam...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast