New GT kill and GSX kill

This is a discussion on New GT kill and GSX kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This has been the best 3 days for racing. I NEVER usually get races but anyway I'll make these stories ...

New GT kill and GSX kill

This has been the best 3 days for racing. I NEVER usually get races but anyway I'll make these stories short.

First one was last night, getting off the freeway I saw a new mustang gt and he threw a rev at me. We came up to a red light and decided to race. I didn't launch, (since I was kinda scared about cops) and he got a 1 car jump on me right away but I quickly pulled him in and passed him by 1-1/2 -2 cars. He asked me at the next red light "what I had under the hood?" I told him and he just drove off as if he didn't believe me, or as if he was upset because thats all I had done and I beat him like that.

The next race was today about 2 hours ago I had a black GSX fly by me and then turn left at the next light. I decided to turn as well just so I could race him if I get a chance. Well we did hit the next red light so we lined up. I looked over and said hi and he did the same. We raced and I got a decent launch, but when I shifted into 2nd gear, my hand was faster than my foot so I did was grind it, and I had to slow down and put it in gear. Still caught up to him and the next light turned red. We raced again, this time I did not launch and I shifted it VERY slowly into 2nd and beat him easily 3-4 cars.

The mustang guy said he had an exhaust and thats it, and the gsx had an apex i exhaust, dp, cai, and thats all he said he had too.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cai on a gsx?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Thats what he said.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I thought only way for you to have a CAI is to have a FMIC for GSX.
    Am I wrong?
    My GST had K&N intake, but no CAI.
    -soul

You could be right. Thats just what he said. But I know for sure he didn't have a front mount since I saw him from my rearview mirror.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup