WRX or Evo or STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX or Evo or STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys this is my first, well second post actually but anyway, I am having a terrible time trying to ...

WRX or Evo or STi

Hello guys this is my first, well second post actually but anyway, I am having a terrible time trying to decide between a WRX, a Evo, or maybe even the Sti if it comes, I am sure most of you have heard that the Evo VII will be out a year from now, and it is messing with my head! I have been all hyped up about hopefully getting a WRX this summer, if I can afford it anyway, but now with the Evo coming and probably being much faster maybe I should wait... Its gonna be around $30,000 though and thats more than I wanna spend and longer than I wanna wait, plus they are kind of ugly lookin... old style was better Does anyone know how good the STi is gonna be or if it is even gonna come for sure? I sure as hell don't wanna get my WRX and then get smacked by a guy with a brand new stock Evo 6 months later.

SunK.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think the price is not the problem. The insurance will be. They are
    270hp plus so the power to weight ratio will be huge and 0-60 will be unreal. Of cause the insurance company thinks different than we do. They will think that these cars are dangerous.

I have a feeling that the EVO and STI might be as costly as a Z06 to insurance. Of cause I might be wrong.

So find out the difference in cost of insurance between the WRX and STI (UK is a good source) and see.

Just mine 2 cents.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Yea insurance is a big prob for me to, i drive a 92 Prelude right now and I am hoping that switching to a "family"sedan will not affect it to much if I get the WRX, damn its so tough picking a car, does anyone know what WRXs are classified as by insurance companies? I am checking with a guy at AAA about it sometime this friday, but I would like to know what you guys got.
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Insurance

I just called USAA a few days ago to get an estimate just to figure out what I would be paying on a WRX. Came out to 150 a month with a 500 dollar deductable. Pretty good for me, 22, license suspended once for 2 months for speeding/reckless, 40 over the limit. Won't catch me doing that again, unless I know for 100% there are no cops around.

wrx is listed as a subcompact car or something...i dont think its even considered a sports car...according to the sticker i was looking at.

I may be mistaken but somewhere I read that the EVO and STI will be sent in very limited numbers. You may not have a choice
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

Evo VII is not going to be 270 hp. It is going to be 250hp due to front crash test standards, so they had to change the intercooler size (front mount.)
    On the other hand, Sti is going to be 270hp. But I will bet they are going to charge more then the Evo.

hmmm.. Limited number, didn't think about that. I bet dealers will go way above MSRP when they sell those, everyone is gonna want an Evo. Well that probably takes that out of the running and if its only 250hp hopefully I can get some money to fix up the WRX by then. Yea KanosWRX I pay 138 on my prelude right now and I am almost 23 but I have an accident on my record two years ago, strange thing is they never raised my rates.... I think I might just stick to getting a WRX since it is what I wanted in the first place, an STi would probably be to much, plus all you guys seem to like your cars from ll the posts I have read
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Originally posted by Sunkist
    Yea KanosWRX I pay 138 on my prelude right now and I am almost 23 but I have an accident on my record two years ago, strange thing is they never raised my rates.... I think I might just stick to getting a WRX since it is what I wanted in the first place, an STi would probably be to much, plus all you guys seem to like your cars from ll the posts I have read
    I'm almost in the same boat as you. Accident just over 3 years ago, 3 tickets in the past 2 years, had to go to driving school... no suspended license though. I'm 24 and went from a '94 civic (paying $455 every 6 months) to a 2002 WRX (paying $659 every 6 months). Not a bad jump from a ~$4500 car to a ~$25,000 car. I'd say the extra $400 a year is worth it.

Some agencies allow you one ticket a year with no penalties and your first accident with no penalties. You might be one of them. I sure wasn't. My rates went up $66 a year when I was already paying over $1100 as a second driver on the car (truck).

I think I will call my insurance company tomorrow and see what kind of estimate they will give me on the WRX hopefully it will not change much from my prelude. Insurance companies are so strange, they take all the fun out of owning a kick a$$ car, I just really do not want to have to pay a ton of insurance on top of the financing fees, I am gonna be so broke when I get this car, my frined said I should just live in the car and put all my money towards mods. He has a stock Type R but he thinks he might have atleast something done to it by then, of course my mods will give me better results than his will. HAHAHAHAHA
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

I really wish that they gave you a break on insurance if you put in a weld in rollcage with side bars and bigger better brakes. Not to mention a car cam so you could prove you weren't at fault. Buy which ever one you can afford and can afford all the additional costs of like gas, insurance, attention from cops, attention from thieves and modifying. Just something to consider before you set your mind on any one car. Especially when the only one you can get a price on right now is the WRX. The others are only price guesses. You won't be unhappy with either of the three.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with the rollcage bit.

im a huge fan of subaru, but i think the Evo VII is better than the WRX. but if you want nice styling go with the Sti

yea the Evo is a better car, its hard to argue otherwise, but they dont have the agressive look that the older models have, they just look like Lancers with an intercooler up front now :P if the STi does come it will probably be a high dollar item. They sure are all good cars and I will be happy with which ever I decide on insurance companies suck sometimes, and deductables don't cover all that they should.
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

While picking up the rex today, I did a little chatting with the salesman. He also think the STI is coming in limited quantity and pretty up scale in price. He said if the STI is 2 inexpensive then the WRX will suffers in sales.

That's his 2 cents
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast