Cobb WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just read the new car and driver w/the 16 modified cars on the cover. Why w/the COBB wrx and ...

Cobb WRX

I just read the new car and driver w/the 16 modified cars on the cover. Why w/the COBB wrx and 450 hp, not sure if that was whp or crank did it only run 13.7 in the quarter mile . My stage 4 system has 270whp w/my stock intercooler and I ran a 12.8? Ill be lower than that w/the bigger fmic. So whats the deal w/the COBB WRX?????? I thought it was embarrising
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you read the whole article you would have known that there clutch was glazed real bad.

That IS embarassing! Even if that's crank hp, we're still talking about AT LEAST 300whp. A 13.7 in the quarter is pathetic for those numbers.

Damn.. Im pretty much Stage 2 and I could probably run better than that.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

re-read the article

it states as well has was said on the show today the clutch was slipping bad, now no offense to COBB i have some of there stuff and delt with them before but you would think they would have put at least a new one in before the mag test/shoot...
    it's stock really....

The COBB car seems suspect to me...a while back they could not finish a SCC test/Comparison because of a handling mishap on the track; and now the Car & Driver test where they showed up with a burned clutch or something I watched the thing on TNN; they will probably show it tomorrow again.

Very suspect for an $86, 000 Subaru....with that kind of money you can probably get a Skyline to the US that may beat it without breaking down.

Originally posted by WORWRX
    The COBB car seems suspect to me...a while back they could not finish a SCC test/Comparison because of a handling mishap on the track; and now the Car & Driver test where they showed up with a burned clutch or something I watched the thing on TNN; they will probably show it tomorrow again.

Handling mishap? One of the magazine nitwits crashed it into a friggin water truck.

And the clutch was due to a last minute tranny swap. They took out the dog box and put in street tranny trying to make it score higher for the 'drivability' portion of the tests. With little time to test and shakedown, they should have left it alone. Even the best race teams make a bad pit decision.

It's a shame.... would have been fun to see what Conebasher could have really done and read about it in a respectable car mag.

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    Handling mishap? One of the magazine nitwits crashed it into a friggin water truck.

And the clutch was due to a last minute tranny swap. They took out the dog box and put in street tranny trying to make it score higher for the 'drivability' portion of the tests. With little time to test and shakedown, they should have left it alone. Even the best race teams make a bad pit decision.
    I thought they brought their drivers; I just reread the SCC article and it never really said what happenned.

Bottomline is that they should stop embarrassing themselves and stop bringing that thing to magazine tests.

I would have liked to see the www.m2performance.com WRX featured in that challenge.

Very well said Racenut.

If anyone read the SCC article where the guy crashed the car into a water truck, they were seriously owning all the other cars out there. It wasnt even close... that is until it wrecked.

Is M2 performance even into WRX's anymore? They seemed to drop off the map.

For the love of god, someone needs a TXS car in one of these competitions! I'd donate my car in a heartbeat!!!!!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

it wouldn't matter if TXS or M2 put their wrxs in. Conebasher would've taken them both easily in performance when it's running right. This was just a very bad day for conebasher. with the dogbox in, cobbs wrx did a 1.9 sec zero to sixty, and it's not even a drag car. i don't see what TXS or Vishnu has done that could make their car handle any better than cobb's widebody and those huge tires.

True. My point is that TurboXS has made some very nice cars but has yet to be given any media attention in any kind of shootout (WRX shootout or otherwise.) I think it's time they do.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

you even with that terrable quarter mile the cobb car still finished 3rd out of all 16th entries. and they admitted that the reults would have been much different if the clutch had notbeen screwed up.

i also however agree that they obviously knew the comparo was coming up so why wouldnt thay have made sure it had a good clutch? seems very stupid to me.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

The only thing that cheared me up a bit, watching the TNN show, was that the neon apparently DNFd.

No offense intended to neon drivers of course.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.