WRX Vs. Lambo Countach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Vs. Lambo Countach within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a little bit of fun with this guy in a very old skool looking Lamborghini. It was a ...

J-H

WRX Vs. Lambo Countach

I had a little bit of fun with this guy in a very old skool looking Lamborghini. It was a Red Countach 5000 S. Was cruising back form the beach and I see this weird looking car behind me. I thought it was some fake or replica lambo. I let him pass me and then I saw the air scoops and the engine was uncovered, huge wing, big tires. Well maybe it is a real one. I tell him that his car is cool and I start to pace him. The car was smoking pretty bad, no wonder, the thing was probably 20 years old!! We get on the highway and he does strecth that baby out little. Suprisingly he did not get away. AT ALL. I thought I was going to get murdered...This was also in 4th gear. We went up to 110 and then he backed down. I was expecting much,much more. Did a little bit of research and did not find any 0-60 or 1/4 times, just 12 cylinders and something like 325 PS. Anyeay, here is a link we some pics. This is the first time I am posting a link, so if it doesn't work, just copy and paste.

cheers...

JH

http://carex.scorpions.net/ASS/2/countach.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    now you can tell your friends your car is faster than a lamborghini.
    2003 SRT-4

Re: WRX Vs. Lambo Countach

Originally posted by J-H
    We get on the highway and he does strecth that baby out little. Suprisingly he did not get away. AT ALL. I thought I was going to get murdered...This was also in 4th gear. We went up to 110 and then he backed down. I was expecting much,much more. Did a little bit of research and did not find any 0-60 or 1/4 times, just 12 cylinders and something like 325 PS.
    [
    ok. put yourself in the lamborghini driver's shoes for a moment. you're driving a VERY expensive, VERY classic, VERY rare 25+ year old supercar. a kid comes up alongside you in a $25k car, which is NOT very expensive, NOT very classic, and NOT very rare, not to mention NOT a supercar. are you going to race? answer honestly.

oh, and look deeper. that car is seriously fast. have you driven one? i have. had he wanted to go, and again i stress i can't imagine ANY self-respecting owner of such a car wanting to go, you'd have been toast. i'd have been toast (probably).
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

True dude i doubt that u would of been able to touch that countach.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Car-Stats.com Report for 1986 Lamborghini Countach
    Obtained from
    0-60: 5.2 Transmission: Unknown
    1/4 Mile: 13.7
    1/4 Speed:

its possible...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Re: Re: WRX Vs. Lambo Countach

Originally posted by Lightning
    ok. put yourself in the lamborghini driver's shoes for a moment. you're driving a VERY expensive, VERY classic, VERY rare 25+ year old supercar. a kid comes up alongside you in a $25k car, which is NOT very expensive, NOT very classic, and NOT very rare, not to mention NOT a supercar. are you going to race? answer honestly.

oh, and look deeper. that car is seriously fast. have you driven one? i have. had he wanted to go, and again i stress i can't imagine ANY self-respecting owner of such a car wanting to go, you'd have been toast. i'd have been toast (probably).
    Although, some people believe that cars are made to be driven, even if rare and expensive. That's the way I think...if I had such a car, I'd be careful not to scratch or wreck it or let people do anything to it, but I WOULD drive it whenever I could and as hard as I could...not looking to break it but to enjoy the driving experience. With my PT show car, I got sick of babying vehicles too much.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by ebr0t
    Car-Stats.com Report for 1986 Lamborghini Countach
    Obtained from
    0-60: 5.2 Transmission: Unknown
    1/4 Mile: 13.7
    1/4 Speed:

its possible...

Hell yeah it's possible with those stats. Why does everyone have to doubt everyone else? It's VERY frustrating! It's not like he said he raced a modern one.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

The Countach was fast during its time. In today's standards, it's still good, but not as supercar-like as the supercars of today. It's still a classic and a beautiful piece of work, but its performance is outdated. The Forester XT will take it from the hole...think about that.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I believe it, there are a lot of cars that in the day were impressive.

Look at the stats on the Lambo or a Ferrari 308/328 or the C4 Corvette when they first came out.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Driving back from the beach with a mid 80's Lambo tailing you. Can anyone hear the Miami Vice theme kicking in?

J-H
    Lightning,

As I said, the car was smoking pretty bad when on WOT. Maybe not tuned right or maybe just too old...He did NOT pull away...The guy did not look at me after our run...I don't blame him. If a punk in a "hyundai", as some of my older friends refer to my car, pulls next to me while I am driving to the yatch club to have some fun. Totally normal reaction...He did not want to be messed with, but I was on a mission, see how this thing would run...

BTW, the guy "looked" like he was in his early 60's

JH

The point is not the 1/4 mile or 0-60 times, i think the point is, at 110mph, i'm pretty sure a lambo would pull away from ANY 4 banger. Until it a) needed another tune or b) ran out of gas
    "If all goes quiet, you're airborne"
    -anon

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by chris bunch
    The point is not the 1/4 mile or 0-60 times, i think the point is, at 110mph, i'm pretty sure a lambo would pull away from ANY 4 banger. Until it a) needed another tune or b) ran out of gas
    Yeah, I don't think that the quarter mile time and 0-60 tell the whole story here. Our WRX's get good times in those categories because of the traction thing; in a roll-on contest I would expect the Countach to destroy you. (If he was trying, and the car was in good running condition...)

I used to have a poster of a gorgeous red Countach above my bed when I was a kid. Still looks awesome 30 years after it was introduced.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Thumbs up Fun with a good ride

Lightning: That they both went to 110 shows the smoke blowing Lambo was willing to play with the lowly WRX.

Why have a fast car and not drive it with gusto? Insane Cannonball blasts do happen with very exotic machines. And not driving an exotic fast at least sometimes is like marrying a very attractive person that you can look at but not touch.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

the rear view of that car is absolutely stunning, and the front looks a little like a 308gts
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast