Finally have 2 kill stories!

This is a discussion on Finally have 2 kill stories! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I never get races but I finally got 2! The first one was last night when I got off work. ...

Finally have 2 kill stories!

I never get races but I finally got 2!

The first one was last night when I got off work. I pulled onto the 202 freeway and I see a new body style Mustang cruising at a fast speed. I saw he had a dual exhaust so I decided to catch up to see if he would run me. I pulled up next to him at about 85-90mph which is the speed he was doing and he punched it right away. I was in fifth so I dropped it down to 4th and went. I started to pull him back in and then we both had to slow down for traffic. We got to a clear area and raced from about 90mph. I was ready this time and easily walked him 2-3 carlengths. We raced again with the same result. His car sounded great, when I got a look at it, it turned out to be a Mach 1 so I was happy with the results.

Next race was this morning on the way to golf/work. I was about to get onto the I-10 and I saw a black VW golf come up behind me fast. We both ended up getting on the same highway and we raced. The first 2 races were really close because he got the jump on me. The next few I walked him 3-4 cars easily and then shut down. It was a new GTI he was driving, and it was turbocharged. (I don't know if they come like that, but I heard his BOV a few times). I don't know what he had done either, but his car was pretty damn fast, much faster than the Mustang I raced last night. He had an exhaust and I don't know what else but he was quick. I think we actually raced 7-8 times with the same result. We went up high in speed too, with me having to shift it into 5th gear. But he was cool and after the last race he pulled up and gave me a thumb up and I did the same.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    hmmm...mach 1s are good for very low 13s, even 12's right out the box. What do you run?
    2003 SRT-4

I honestly don't know what I'll run when it's winter. Right now all I'm good for is a 14.006 because it's been 110-115 degrees every damn day. In the winter I will be running 13.3-13.5's so I'm told by local WRX drivers. The last time I was at the track when I ran that 14.006, my time was faster than my friend who has basically the same thing done as me and he ran a 13.3 in the winter.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    hmmm...mach 1s are good for very low 13s, even 12's right out the box. What do you run?
    Bah! 12's out of the box? No way. Do you have first hand experience with this? I would say they could run no faster than mid 13's out of the box.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Well not to get my own damn post off topic, but I read that this guy has a friend with one that does run high 12's on drag radials.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Bah! 12's out of the box? No way. Do you have first hand experience with this? I would say they could run no faster than mid 13's out of the box.
    no, my friends who I have witnessed all run low-mid-high 13s. MM&FF got a 12.9 out of a Mach one with just drag radials. Im not trying to be a magazine racer...but if my crappy friends can get 13.3s, im sure a pro can better their time.
    2003 SRT-4

Hahaha...
    I thought you meant BONE stock, out of the box. With better rubber I can see that.