First time: 13.961 @101.05
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on First time: 13.961 @101.05 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I popped my track cherry in a turbo car last night and brushed off a lot of rust. The ...

First time: 13.961 @101.05

Well, I popped my track cherry in a turbo car last night and brushed off a lot of rust. The last time I was at a track was 5 or 6 years ago. I learned A LOT last night about running a turbo car down the strip. Anyways, I got in 5 runs and this one was my best:

R/T: .233
    60': 2.179
    330: 5.985
    1/8: 9.085
    MPH: 80.91
    1000': 11.714
    1/4: 13.961
    MPH: 101.05

It was also extremely humid last night and it was definitely robbing power from the turbo cars.

As a side note, on the first run I went up against an Evo 8 and lost. No big deal to me, BUT then the *****er put on his 4 ways. I got so PISSED!! I felt like running into the ass end of his car the prick!!

He ran a 14.070 @96.80 and I ran a 14.444 @97.22
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run. And at least you ended up running a better time than him at the end with your 13.9. Just tell him you want to do a highway run. Then see who will throw on their hazards!
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

With your mods you should be running mid 13s?

Hazards = lame

Nice runs drizz.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by WRXreX
    With your mods you should be running mid 13s?
    Yea, that's what I was hoping for. I'm telling you, the humidity was wicked. All the turbo's were slower. There was an Exo modded for mid to high 12's and only could muster a 13.0x. Stock Evo's were runnin in the 14's. The best Stage 1 SRT-4 ran a 14.0x and those guys are usually 13.7x's.

Nice runs!

Care to share with us what you "learned about turbo cars" at the track?? (no sarcasm involved, I'm serious )
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Mainly how heat REALLY effects turbos. I learned that my short ram intake sucks!! Brings in too much hot air from the engine bay. I learned to have a water sprayer for the IC. I learned to ice the intake manifold.

ohhh shweet! I can't wait to go to the track (within the next two weeks)

:nervous:
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    ohhh shweet! I can't wait to go to the track (within the next two weeks)

:nervous:
    It's an awesome feeling!! I was nervous as hell. THEN, my first race was against an Evo and the I got even MORE nervous!! I just love slammin gears and feeling the boost thrust you..... such a natural high!!

Originally posted by drizze99
    Mainly how heat REALLY effects turbos. I learned that my short ram intake sucks!! Brings in too much hot air from the engine bay. I learned to have a water sprayer for the IC. I learned to ice the intake manifold.
    I didnt think a short ram vs CAI would be so noticeable because the air has to go through the turbo where it gets hot anyway and then passes through the IC.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    I didnt think a short ram vs CAI would be so noticeable because the air has to go through the turbo where it gets hot anyway and then passes through the IC.
    This what I thought also until a shop in Texas proved it on the dyno. This is for the SRT-4 though, so i'm not sure about the WRX. When I was at the track, a local tuner shop (in NJ) said they bought the AEM short ram and hated it. The stock set-up in the SRT-4 pulls air from the fender well, then into the airbox, then turbo. What they did is attach a dryer vent hose to wear the stock pipe stops and remove a foglight and hook the hose there. They say that set-up works MUCH better. I beleive them!! They were running 12.8x's at 110mph!! Of course they are mooded a little!!

Sounds like you had some good runs man. I freakin love the track. So much fun. I go sometimes just to socialize. Talk about cars and what not. You can learn alot. Pulling a 2.1 60' for your first time isn't bad, especially if you're on street tires. I've pulled a 2.1 once, out of like 30+ runs. Of course I also have only raced at the Orlando Ice Palace, I mean Speedworld, but you get the point, it's tough ****. Take it easy and go back on a dry, cold night for some killer times.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Simp, on that run I dropped the tires to 26psi to cut the 2.1 60'. I had the tires at 32psi and the best 60' I could get was a 2.2.

Wow well I've never been able to drive my car without the temps being 80F or above and at least 75% humidity.... I can't wait until winter.

Oh is your suggested tire pressure 32psi? I've never tried lowering mine, although I've heard its possible to pull 2.0s at like 22psi. Congrats either way, 2.1 on street tires is good, esp. for fwd.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.