First time: 13.961 @101.05 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on First time: 13.961 @101.05 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can tell a huge difference in the amount of power I have on tap depending on the temp of ...

I can tell a huge difference in the amount of power I have on tap depending on the temp of the intercooler. I can see how a nice IC sprayer/nitrous sprayer would be a great help at the 1/4 mile.

I know that the new(2004?) F150 Lightenings are using an a/c based system to cool the IC down, and on that engine its good for a 50 hp boost, "transient" as the ford engineers put it.

Heat and humidity really do screw with FI engines alot. Tho, I don't quite grasp why humidity would play such a factor. Seems like air with a higher percentage of moisture would HELP remove heat from a IC or radiator ya know? Is the moisture displacing combustible components in the combustion chamber or something?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by brembo
    Tho, I don't quite grasp why humidity would play such a factor. Seems like air with a higher percentage of moisture would HELP remove heat from a IC or radiator ya know? Is the moisture displacing combustible components in the combustion chamber or something?
    Ya know, I'm going to see if I can get an answer to this one!!

The Evo 8 comes standard with a water sprayer on the IC and I was talking to an Evo owner at the track and he fills it with ice cubes. He also tapped into the stock set-up with nitrous, but his bottle was empty friday night. He was trying so hard to get into the high 12's but could only come up with a 13 flat. And that was with only an intake and a 3" turbo back, no cat. Had a muffler tho.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Screw the Evo, I'll race him for slips. What a loser. He put his hazards on at the track? That's just terarded. Find out who he is and ask him if he'll race a near stock WRX.

Anyway, drizze, I told you if you trapped better than me, I'd concede that your car is faster. Too bad...

You'll do better in the fall when the weather cools down. When you trap over 102, I'll come down to your track and beat you again at the strip for good measure.

When you're ready for me to make your car faster, call me and schedule an appointment. I'll snag you a lot more ponies for a few hundred bucks. Enough to beat me from a roll atleast.

What tire pressures did you run F/R, drizze?

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Screw the Evo, I'll race him for slips. What a loser. He put his hazards on at the track? That's just terarded. Find out who he is and ask him if he'll race a near stock WRX.

Anyway, drizze, I told you if you trapped better than me, I'd concede that your car is faster. Too bad...

You'll do better in the fall when the weather cools down. When you trap over 102, I'll come down to your track and beat you again at the strip for good measure.

When you're ready for me to make your car faster, call me and schedule an appointment. I'll snag you a lot more ponies for a few hundred bucks. Enough to beat me from a roll atleast.

What tire pressures did you run F/R, drizze?

-Jim
    The reccomended tire pressure for the car is 32psi F/R. Like I said earlier the best I could do was a 2.2 60'. On my last run, a fellow SRT-4 owner told me to drop it to 26psi, and that's when I got the 2.1' 60'.

I really think a bottle neck I have is with the stock exhaust. There is a 3" turbo back out for it now with race pipe, it puts down an added 17whp and 33wt!!

Give a man a VF30 and a MBC and he'll think he is invincible

BTW, Nice runs drizze.
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    BTW, Nice runs drizze.
    Thanks Chris!

Is the moisture displacing combustible components in the combustion chamber or something?
    Two points for you.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Damn Drizze, nice runs... I know its got more in it than that though
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Damn Drizze, nice runs... I know its got more in it than that though
    Thanks STIwish! Yeah, I need to untap a little more powa!!

Hey, I just noticed you have a Joe P MBC. Do you know what a Joe P E-MBC is? Is it just a 2 stage boost controller controlled by an electronic switch? One of the guys on the SRT board asked this and I don't think anyone answered him!

Wouldn't a rex with the same hp's tend to get a better 1/4 time? Is that basically because of the launch?

One other thing, I was reading the newest sport compact car mag where they put the evo up against threee euro cars. They recorded s 14 sec 1/4 mile with the evo. They attributed it to the high heat and humidity. The non turbo cars were less effected by the temp.
    So given some better weather, you should gain maybe .3 to .5 secs.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by droogie
    Wouldn't a rex with the same hp's tend to get a better 1/4 time? Is that basically because of the launch?

One other thing, I was reading the newest sport compact car mag where they put the evo up against threee euro cars. They recorded s 14 sec 1/4 mile with the evo. They attributed it to the high heat and humidity. The non turbo cars were less effected by the temp.
    So given some better weather, you should gain maybe .3 to .5 secs.
    Droogie, I think so. Even with the crappy stock tires on a WRX, you can still get a 1.8 60' right? My best was a 2.1, so right there is .3 of a sec.

My first run that night, which was at approx 6:30pm, it was very muggy, humid and hot. I ran a 14.4 @97.2 with a 2.2 60'. My last run, which was about 10:15pm. I ran a 13.9 @101 with a 2.1 60'. The air was a little cooler and a little less humid, but I also had a bag of ice on my intake manifold. Colder temps = more power, easily.

Heat and humidity really do screw with FI engines alot. Tho, I don't quite grasp why humidity would play such a factor. Seems like air with a higher percentage of moisture would HELP remove heat from a IC or radiator ya know? Is the moisture displacing combustible components in the combustion chamber or something?
    Higher moisture content in air makes it harder to compress.

Originally posted by fengshui
    Give a man a VF30 and a MBC and he'll think he is invincible
    Yeah, Chris, because that's all I have done to my car.

-Jim

nice run

Nice run drizz! I can't believe how much hp you have w/ just a mbc and filter...amazing! Just think if we had lsd on the 03's!
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

My best run with stock tires and stage 1 was 13.759 @ 101.68 (milan MI). With same setup and 15" bfg DR's, I ran 13.585 @ 102.88 (norwalk OH, 90+ heat). Your mods should give you a better time in colder weather, or you should stick to mopar parts

If you plan on dragging the SRT, jump the fan relay to cool your car in the pits. The colder the better, and the fan cools the intake and the IC.

Nice runs!
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    .....or you should stick to mopar parts
    Hey eb, on this 13.9@101 run, I went up against a Stage 1 SRT-4 and beat him!! He ran a 14.0@100 oke: I was actually the fastest privately owned SRT-4 there that night. Psi-Fi Motorsports ran a 12.8 @110 in their SRT-4!!

How do you trip the fan's?? I can't wait for fall weather!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.