Ferrari F-40 on the highway

This is a discussion on Ferrari F-40 on the highway within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was taking my cat to the vet, on the highway doing about 70. I was coming up on a ...

Ferrari F-40 on the highway

I was taking my cat to the vet, on the highway doing about 70. I was coming up on a merge lane from one of those cloverleafs where the merging traffic has to do a complete 180 before the straight onto the highway. Usually this causes traffic backups because the merging traffic only gets up to 35-40 before the lane ends. Today I noticed a very wide red blur speeding around that turn -- going very quick. Then I recognized it as my favorite ferrari, the F-40. Twin turbo V8, very sexy. Anyway he comes up to the straight about 5 cars or so in front of me and merges no problem over to the fast lane. The traffic was light but it was a two lane (one direction) highway. There were a few cars in the slow lane and one van in front of the ferrari in the fast lane, in front of the van...nothing. I made my way up to the ferrari and could really hear the engine purring along. So as the van passes the slower cars we have a nice open road. I could tell by the way the guy merged that he liked to really drive his car so I was expecting a little fun. I was in 3rd maybe doing 65 by the time the van moved over and Mr. ferrari was in a lower gear as well, I could tell by the engine note. So as the lane ahead was clear sure enough the ferrari guns it with me following. Needless to say he was pulling away pretty easily. I bet he put 4 or 5 cars on me up to 100 where he (and I) let off. I took the next exit onto another freeway and he went straight, giving me a thumbs-up It was pretty fun. My mods are, stealth back w/ cat, MBC, up-pipe and VF30 at 14psi w/ stock fuel system. I need to get the UTEC and injectors so I can get this VF30 running the way it should be...then I'll be looking for a rematch
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    that f-40 can and will always own 99.999% of the wrx's out there. Regardless of mods. But sweet run in with a super rare car.
    2003 SRT-4

did you know the ferrari F-40 can hit 90mph in second gear if the driver tries?

What the hell does it rev up to?
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    that f-40 can and will always own 99.999% of the wrx's out there. Regardless of mods. But sweet run in with a super rare car.
    Agreed.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

It's definitely worth racing a Ferrari. If anything, you get to hear that 'I'm unleashing all the demons of Hell' sound eminating from their exhaust pipe as they pull away from you. Way to take advantage of a very rare opportunity.

Originally posted by THE ONE
    What the hell does it rev up to?
    i beileve the redline is at 7700rpm, plus the gear ratio is huge. Road and Track always have gear ratios and speed for each gear posted when they do most of their tests.

Originally posted by RaccoonRacing
    What he said.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

And do you guys know that the F40 is powered by IHI VF16 turbos! How bout that? So now we (IHI ppl) can tell ppl that we share turbos with a Ferrari