WRX Vs S2000?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Vs S2000? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright heres they story i just got my perrin uppipe and a dual stage boost controller in and my friend ...

WRX Vs S2000?

Alright heres they story i just got my perrin uppipe and a dual stage boost controller in and my friend takes it for a spin. he comes back and hes like oh our friend evans car can take you(s2000)

OUR MODs

WRX: Hks CF/ti catback perrin uppipe dualstage boost controller set to 15.5 and grounding mod

S2000: headers full ehuast and intake

my question who will win from the dig and roll

please help me i dont want to race him if hell kick my ass

later steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think from a dig you got advantage, but he might give you a fight from a roll. Just race and let see the outcome. Be safe.
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

it wont be for a while the kid lives in virgina. he comes up ever once and while

From a dig, you might have him until 3rd gear. From a roll don't even think about it. Those things have MAD top end and will own our crappy top end cars.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I'm not so sure. I used to own an S2000, and they are just not made for drag racing. I/H/E on an S2000 have minimal gains, while his WRX mods are going to give quite a few ponies.

From a stop, no problems. The proper launching technique for an S2000 is 1) rev to 6,000, 2) DUMP (not slip) the clutch, and 3) go back and pick up the shattered remains of your gears.

From a roll? Questionable. With a redline of 9,000 and very decent top end power, he could make up for lost ground.

Let us know how it goes!

race...

add a down pipe to that cat back....and some samco I/C hoses with your other mods and only those on his S2000 and it won't matter as long as you can drive the drive makes up alot in a race...
    it's stock really....

Get DP and used unichip for like $250. You will have no problem beating him.

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Get DP and used unichip for like $250. You will have no problem beating him.
    Werd.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

sht
    honda got almost all the could out of the car in stock form
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

A down pipe is outta of the question money wise but intercooler hose i can do.

but this race wont happen for a while so when it does happen ill dig this thread back up and give you and update

thanks for all the replys

later steve

Originally posted by sht
    honda got almost all the could out of the car in stock form
    Pretty much, so long as you stay naturally aspirated. A Speedcraft or Ultimate Racing turbo or the Comptech supercharger will boost the hp significantly, but anything less and the gains are minimal.

You should win from a roll or a stop. I raced a neighbor that has intake and exhaust and pulled him pretty good from both. I have a MBC and exhaust.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    A down pipe is outta of the question money wise but intercooler hose i can do.

but this race wont happen for a while so when it does happen ill dig this thread back up and give you and update

thanks for all the replys

later steve
    you might want to check out the hks dp. those are for 150usd or less, and an improvement over stock since it eliminates 2 cats.... you can get a catless uppipe for about 150 also, and you will be set...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by 2fast4uWRX
    You should win from a roll or a stop. I raced a neighbor that has intake and exhaust and pulled him pretty good from both. I have a MBC and exhaust.

how fast did u race up to?
    s2000s are pretty good top end cars, but i have put about 1.5- 2 cars on them up to about 115ish.
    Z33

if the race gets into the stupid speed range the s2000 will be tough to beat, here is my reasoning....btw i have an S2000 and my have worked on quite a few wrx's including a TXS stage 4+.

WRX: redline in 3rd = 90ish
    redline in 4th = damn near 130

S2000: redline in 3rd = 90
    redline in 4th = about 110
    redline in 5th = 130

the gearing in the s2000 just favors that 90 to 130 range, it stays in vtec the whole time and pulls pretty hard. driving in an s2000 will vary results massivly. people run 14.9's stock and 13.7's. and on the contrary to what EMARK said they hold up pretty well to the 6500k launch, if you do it correctly.

to make a long story short...you will win if you keep it under 120

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.