WRX Vs S2000? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX Vs S2000? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WRXreX Get DP and used unichip for like 0. You will have no problem beating him. I'm ...

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Get DP and used unichip for like $250. You will have no problem beating him.
    I'm selling my used unichip for $130 shipped (yes it'll need to be tuned; it's tuned for my mods at 293 whp/ 270 ft. lb.)
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by jigga
    you might want to check out the hks dp. those are for 150usd or less, and an improvement over stock since it eliminates 2 cats.... you can get a catless uppipe for about 150 also, and you will be set...

ive seen places selling the hks downpipe for 150-155 NEW...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

ive raced one. a couple of times, and all from a highway roll. all times i won, and still pulling. not fast, but just pulling slowly, but surely. the s2000 was stock.

my wrx at the moment: Automatic w/ Air box hack, uppipe, downpipe, catback exhaust, bc @ 15.5.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by redwinger
    and on the contrary to what EMARK said they hold up pretty well to the 6500k launch, if you do it correctly.
    You're right. You can dump the clutch at 6500rpms all day long and it'll do fine. Especially on a car not made for drag racing.

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    You're right. You can dump the clutch at 6500rpms all day long and it'll do fine. Especially on a car not made for drag racing.

who said anything bout dumping the clutch?
    Z33

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
    who said anything bout dumping the clutch?
    I did, to which redwinger replied and to which I replied back. Slipping the clutch in an S2000 is a quick way of BBQing your clutch. Dumping it is better, but it should be looked at as the lesser of two evils and not a healthy way to treat a car (particularly a car that was designed as a roadster and not a dragster).

alright well i got back from the track last night and my time were very depressing i ran a 14.2 with and uppipe boost set to 16 and cat back exhaust should i have ran lower??

the temp was 88 humidty was 67-70%

I'd post it in the drag racing section to get some input, but yeah, that does sound a little slow. I'd expect high 13's, but then again, it was a little hot there so that could have affected your performance.

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    alright well i got back from the track last night and my time were very depressing i ran a 14.2 with and uppipe boost set to 16 and cat back exhaust should i have ran lower??

the temp was 88 humidty was 67-70%
    Do you still have the stock DP on there???

What was your trap speed?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

yea still stock downpipe and i was traping 94-95mph

Alright guys i raced my friend last night wiht the s2000 twice last night on an secluded highway at 12:30 at night. alright heres what happened.

1rst race we both line up he beeps 3 times and were off my launch was perfect (when i say perfect im mean perfect) i instantly shot a car lenght ahead by the end of first im at least 2 cars on him shift into second i pull a little bit not much about half a car then third oh **** i missed it let the clutch out again nail it. (by this time he atleast gain a car length cause of my misshift) i go into third and redline third im still ahead by a car length shift into fourth for like 5 secs and he was at my back bumper.. so i won that race he wanst happy with his launch and i wanst happy bout my missing 3rdand i wanst happy bout my missing 3rd so we go again

2nd race

this time i beep, (mind you i cant chew gum and walk at the same time LOL) so my beeping is all retarted but we still go he launch was great mine sucked ass but by the end of first i was about 1car length on him shift into second and it the same though out 2nd shift into third he starts to gain very very very slowly shifted into 4th(the dreaded 4th) and gain alot on me he was at my back door but i still won that won not by nuch though..

anyway thats what happend if you have any questions just ask

PS dont tell me about punctuation i didnt really feel like doing it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12