I raced a cop!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I raced a cop!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was coming home from work and was in a single left turn lane behind a Red Z28 Camaro. When ...

I raced a cop!!!!

I was coming home from work and was in a single left turn lane behind a Red Z28 Camaro. When the left turn arrow came I wasn't expecting a race, but he chirped second gear coming around the turn. I let him accelerate through second before i decided to go for it. I was gaining on him the whole time until about 120. Then we came up to the rest of traffic so we both slowed down. I moved over to my right lane and pulled along side him. I looked in the window and it was a COP in full uniform. I moved over to the right one more lane and he pulled behind me and im thinking, "OH **** hes gonna pull me over." He moves back out to the left and comes next to me, i looked at him and he shook his finger at me and then sped off.

I know this camaro was hooked up because i have raced a few stock z28's before and this was definately faster, but i know with enough room i would have smoked him, not to mention he got a huge jump on me. I was fun but needless to say it scared me to death.

I always wanted to race a cop
    Gearboxtech.com/TEAM EMOTION WRX

404whp 20psi 93oct

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    Had a similar situation happen to me. On a drive back from LA and almost into town I was driving at 75mph on the fast lane. I saw this cop car coming from behind. We didn't really race but as soon as he would get ready to pass me, I would speed up to like 80, I slow down, he would catch up to me, I would pull a little bit harder. I kept doing this untill my last run I hit 95. By this time I knew he was checking the car out and what it could do and I knew (hopped) that he would not pull me over. Anyway, it was a marked car from El Centro (110 miles east from San Diego, I don't know what they were doing here, that's probably why they didn't do anything, how would they explain giving someone in San Diego a ticket!!!). After 6 runs or so, he gets next to me and I gesture with my hands asking him that if I raced him right there I would go to jail...he opened the window pointed down at his door and yeld "police" while pointing at the lettering on his door. I replyied with a "...you guys are form El Centro..., can you.." They laughed and sped off. I thought it was pretty cool. My suster was with me and she was freaking out...oh well...sorry for the long post and for stealing your thread....

another thing...this was some time ago there was some police chase here in San Diego (not 100% sure though) and a guy in a porsche decided to HELP the police and chase the car down...well all of them ended up in jail....

some funny stuff

JH

I would have stained my driver seat!

Can they ticket/arrest you if they are off-duty?

if they're off duty, they're not supposed to speed as well.
    - 04 Java Black Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan

....6 Right, 50, 4 Left Tightens to 3 Long, 100, Jump Maybe, Care 6 Right, 30, Hair Pin Left Sign Outside, 30, 2 Right, 100 Over Finish.

Originally posted by MOG_22
    Can they ticket/arrest you if they are off-duty?
    Yes...

But then again there are also posers in cop car and motorcycle lookalikes...
    not saying that the cops mentioned above were posers though...

Depends on the state. In Maine they are authorized to enforce the laws in the entire state. Speeding while off duty is a no-no. At least some counties arent allowed to go more than 30 over the posted speed limit either while on duty...

I heard somewhere that if a cop provokes you into racing with him he can't give you a ticket or pull you over because he's braking the law too.

I'm guessing you raced a male stripper
    1992 Sandstone Gray Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4.
    4 wheels grippin' and 2 turbo's screamin'! I love it

Originally posted by SWRX0983
    I heard somewhere that if a cop provokes you into racing with him he can't give you a ticket or pull you over because he's braking the law too.
    Heh.... if only that were true, here in Tampa, FL. THere is a cope in a hooked up 2003 mustang GT. He has pulled over two of my friends. He pulls up at the light ( you hearing his hooked up car), and takes off fairly fast but not full throttle, you go then and he pulls you over. He is not breaking the law- nor revving or speeding...... we call his car the "prick mobile"

Originally posted by SWRX0983
    I believe you are talking about entrapment. But how would that work? What about the cops who pose as drug buyers? They arrest the drug dealers, but aren't they breaking the law as well, buying drugs? Or at least attempting to buy drugs.

Hey stealthwrx,

Beware of a white pontiac firebird with the ram air kit. He is wicked fast and a good friend. he is also a maryland police officer in pg county. He will race ya for fun but he wont ticket ya if he is in his firebird
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

In New York only the State Troopers have jurisdiction on the hwys. So as a kid of about 19 there was a village cop on the pallisades pkwy. He was in the right lane doing about 55 and I said to my girl, watch this...so I punched it (had an Eagle Premier that was actually pretty fast). Past him doing about 80 and he turns his lights on and pulls right behind me!!! I was thinking what did I just do and can he pull me over?
    He pulls me over and asks if I know what a cop car looks like. Wise@ss response was "I know what a trooper looks like, and do you have jurisdiction on this hwy?" as he takes my licence and ins. So there we are sitting on the side of the road crapping my myself looking at a big fat ticket. HE then honks his horn and waives me over to his car??? He tells me that I was in the passing lane to long and that after you pass you need to move back into the cruising lane. He then gives me my licence and ins and drives off. He also says that he can hold me here and radio state police and they would give me a ticket, but he is in a hurry.
    The moral of the story is, you never know with police.
    Not all who wander are lost

Originally posted by Jobe
    I'm guessing you raced a male stripper
    That's the funniest thing I've seen all week. Thanks.

Originally posted by Strider:
    He also says that he can hold me here and radio state police and they would give me a ticket, but he is in a hurry.
    The moral of the story is, you never know with police.
    Remember, dudes, you can't outrun a police radio. I usually assume that any cop I see anywhere is hooked up with LLE. I don't feel like memorizing the jurisdiction rules for the surrounding five states; I can barely remember my own name sometimes!
    ribonucleic acid freakout

This girl we hang out with has a 99 Mustang GT and we're cruisng...its me in the WRX, a 350Z, her stang and an S2000...the cops see us and start following us...so anyway they pull up the non-existing right lane next to the stang and rev! They go hey you want to race? She goes no you would pull me over, they go noooo we would never do something that laughing and then just drove off...funniest cop story I've seen in awhile...girls get all the luck.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast