Mini S - no match
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mini S - no match within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my friend got a Mini S. He is really happy with the car...awesome handling, power, etc, etc...We are leaving ...

J-H

Mini S - no match

So my friend got a Mini S. He is really happy with the car...awesome handling, power, etc, etc...We are leaving from our workouts and I told him to wait for me. We get on the highway and start to pace each other. We are both taking this sharper turn and I see that he is making full use of his S' handling as he rides my rear bumper. That's when I pull 2 gear, redline both 2 and 3rd gear. I look back and all I can see is him trying desperatly to cath me. I know he was trying up to a point. I guess he gave up because I had put a footbal field between us...The funny part of this is that we row against each other and then the tables turn...he is always handing me my rear...I am 24 and this guy is 49.

BTW, I think the Mini would do much, much better in the twisties...Highway, no way....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not surprised. I test drove both the WRX and the Mini S a while ago. Mini is the better handler, but it can't hope to hang with a WRX in the power department.

163hp vs. 227hp. No way.

Both Sweet little cars in their own way. Just couldn't bring myself to renew my car payments so I stuck with what I've got.

drove my uncles mini S last weekend... maybe its bc he has the dealer option wheels (17s I THINK) maybe 18? The ride wasnt very nice... too damn bumpy for me... the rex on eibach pro kit is much smoother...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I agree...the Mini vs WRX - stock for stock....has damn good handling capabilities compared to the wrx BUT power and racing wise....can't hang. It has good overall power, but its still a bit weak. The Mini is a fun car to drive though (My dad owns the Mini-s and I the WRX with a few mods )

Hope that helps a bit.

Anyone else compare the two? I know this is a WRX forum but everyone seems pretty friendly and I'm going to be in the market to buy a new car come november. I've narrowed it down to either the MINI Cooper S or the WRX. I've driven both but am still having a hard time deciding, and wanted to know when you bought your wrx or if you have a mcs, why you made your choice. I intend to mod the car once I get past the first 10k miles or so just in case you're curious.

Originally posted by wrx2004
    Anyone else compare the two? I know this is a WRX forum but everyone seems pretty friendly and I'm going to be in the market to buy a new car come november. I've narrowed it down to either the MINI Cooper S or the WRX. I've driven both but am still having a hard time deciding, and wanted to know when you bought your wrx or if you have a mcs, why you made your choice. I intend to mod the car once I get past the first 10k miles or so just in case you're curious.

I chose the wrx bc...
    power
    AWD- lotta rain in FL
    a lotta space, the mini has good space for its size but simply cant compare with the wrx...
    looks- mini is A BIT feminine if you ask me, to easy to lump in with the vw bugs and such...

Peter North > *

Originally posted by wrx2004
    I would never choose a Mini Cooper S over my WRX.

Originally posted by Mili727
    I would never choose a Mini Cooper S over my WRX.
    I agree.... Mini S vs wrx... really no comparason...

Peter North > *

WRX vs. Cooper

...and on a lonely stretch of high desert road where my friend's Cooper S will eventually pull 128, my WRX wagon will pull 143...pretty big difference.

that and Rex has at least a second and a half 0-60 on the MiniS. THe Minis are a blast to drive though. Test drove on in Va. and SERIOUSLY considered buying it, but too small with large dog, cargo and wife.

apple and orange, man. If you really want to compare, I'd take the Cooper S for sure. It looks great, fun to drive, solid, feels like a more expensive car, and it has some cool color combos.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The Mini Cooper S is a bit small for my lifestyle...needed the space of the wagon plus I could not go from having a truck to having a mini...the lack of space would drive me nuts (that is why I couldn't even go with the sedan...) With that said...you don't get a whole lot of car with the Mini for the price. IMHO the WRX wagon is one of the best buys out of any sport wagon out there right now.

AWD!!!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

J-H
    I talked to the guy on saturday. This is what he had to say...

Dave: Man, that hyundai of yours is real fast...
    Me: It's not a huyndai...
    Dave: is that so, well I wasn't racing...what is that what you drive...
    Me: subaru...
    Dave: oooh...
    Me: I know you where trying, I saw you shifting aggresively....
    Dave: smile and laughs...

I know this guy and I know his character. There is no way he will give up ( I know that from rowing with him). He was racing and he WAS trying hard. It was just funny to chat with him about it after the run...

JH

I ran into a MCS last night.. really nice guy driving, yellow and black with stripes.. pretty sick car. Anyways, we just exchanged compliments on each others cars, I revved it for him.. and midway through my rev the light goes green and i just let the clutch out fast... he squeels and tries to catch me offguard but by that time im gone and in front of him and ready to make my right... it was pretty funny imo.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.