WRX vs. SRT4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey man, it's all good. I like this forum because it is NOT like any other WRX forum out there. ...

Hey man, it's all good. I like this forum because it is NOT like any other WRX forum out there. I have been accepted into this community for the most part. I hope you stick around cause then you'll see how nice it is around here. I have even met a bunch of the guys on here that are local to me and it was all good times.

It sounds like you have a really nice car there on your hands. How much are you putting down to the wheels? How much psi are you runnin?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Right now I am running about 16.5 psi and I have no idea what im runnin at the wheels because I have not had it dynoed yet. I am looking at getting either a unichip or utec so i can get those custom tuned when i go to the dyno. right now i am running the cobb tuning stage 2 reflash. anyway, looking forward to gaining some respect round here.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    drizze99 I don't know if you know this, but since you have a mopar you might know... were the Neon R/T's fast? I saw one of these on the freeway while I was in my daily driver and caught up to it thinking it was an SRT-4 but it only said R/T on the back...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    drizze99 I don't know if you know this, but since you have a mopar you might know... were the Neon R/T's fast? I saw one of these on the freeway while I was in my daily driver and caught up to it thinking it was an SRT-4 but it only said R/T on the back...
    In stock trim no. They have a 2.0 SOHC with 150/132 crank. They can be modded though. They have the normal bolt ons and Hahn has a turbo kit for them. I had one, and with 2.5" catback, it ran a 16 flat.

Hey nice SRT-4! I almost bought a yellow one as well, but the salesman was a total dumb a$$. N-E-Wayz I bought a yellow WRX (hince the name YeloFvr ). I'm glad there is a car out there that can give my WRX some comp....I'm tired of dusting off civics with expensive body kits and stickers

Originally posted by drizze99
    In stock trim no. They have a 2.0 SOHC with 150/132 crank. They can be modded though. They have the normal bolt ons and Hahn has a turbo kit for them. I had one, and with 2.5" catback, it ran a 16 flat.
    Yeah...I see the R/T Neons all over where I live...I think. They're the ones that are NOT SRT4 but do have dual exhaust tips in the back, right? If so, there're a lot here and I think 1 SRT4 hiding somewhere nearby. For some reason, if I go drive the STi, there's nothing noteworthy or interesting out. Step into the PT and every nut comes out, whether cool and fast cars or ricers...strange.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

You can make an R/T fast with just bolt ons. Some guy here in AZ ran a blue R/T with just bolt ons, cams, weight reduction, and he was running for sure in the mid 13's on slicks.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Re: WRX vs. SRT4

Originally posted by SILVERDUBr
    Has anybody come in contact with these yet. I had one the other day for breakfast. It may be turbocharged but its still a neon and my grandma drives a neon.

When I saw this thread... I thought oh god heres this discussion again... After reading that, my god, how ignorant can you be. Yes its a neon, the wrx is an IMPREZA WRX. By your logic the wrx, is just another impreza that ____ drives.

And just because you think that there aren't owners of other cars on this forum, doesn't mean ignorant statements such as that will be dandy with everyone. Anyone who knows a thing about cars knows that the SRT-4 is anything but a pushover.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

For some reason, if I go drive the STi, there's nothing noteworthy or interesting out.

Gee, I wonder why?!

YEA
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

Originally posted by YeloFvr
    For some reason, if I go drive the STi, there's nothing noteworthy or interesting out.

Gee, I wonder why?!
    What is interesting or noteworthy to me does not change by the car I drive. It may seem that way with my comment but seriously, if I go out in the PT, I see really awesome modified cars and Porsches and sometimes even Ferraris. In the STi...I don't. I like the same cars no matter what I'm in. For example, the only times I see the other local WRX are when I'm riding with a friend.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Hey nice SRT-4! I almost bought a yellow one as well, but the salesman was a total dumb a$$. N-E-Wayz I bought a yellow WRX (hince the name YeloFvr ). I'm glad there is a car out there that can give my WRX some comp....I'm tired of dusting off civics with expensive body kits and stickers
    don't you know that stickers add 10 hp per letter...20 if the lettering is really big...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

this is brand new , i went to the dyno to tune my cousins civic si ,I was on my rex stgd 4 turbo xs fmic w the regular stg 4 fmic setting fron txs at 17 psi boost , after we finished up the civic we ended up w 250 hp at the tires we waited up to see an srt4 that arrived to the dyno ,also he managed to put 253 hp at the wheels w over 20 psi boost because on the run i saw his reading at the gauge and it went past 20 psi, any way we invited the guy for some friendly street racing , belive me this neon was far from stock from what the guy told us he had a new mopar pcm, ebc ,3 inch exhaust no cat or muffler (custom made) 116 octane fuel , and that was all he said we think he had more goodies , any way the civic pulled 2 1/2 cars in front of him on third gear starting from second gear , so as my rex still the neon was fast but not enough i tried with the civic and we where even just wanted to share that if the race was from a dead stop both would have been history civic si turbo times 1/4 : 13.2 at 106mph my rex 12.6 sec 1/4 at 106 and neon

The turbo forester will give SRT a run for the money.

Thanks! Yea, most of the salesman had NO CLUE when I was searching to buy mine. You got a nice ride anyways, though!

You got to watch out for those ones with the BIG Type-R stickas on it. They be mad fast y0!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.