WRX vs. FX45
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. FX45 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruising on I-5 south and I see these HID coming somewhat fast. I kept going at 65mph when ...

J-H

WRX vs. FX45

I was cruising on I-5 south and I see these HID coming somewhat fast. I kept going at 65mph when I see in my rearview mirror this big ol grill. I knew what it was, but I was hoping for it to be the 45. Well it was. we had three runs, 1 from 65 to 90, 65 to 100, 70 to almost 110. I had him in all three. Averaged 3-4 car lenghts on each pull. I don't know if this guy was going WOT, traffic was a little heavy, maybe he was concerned about not getting in a wreck. Dunno. Anyway, these are some mean looking SUV's and they move pretty well. Gotta love the 20'.

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ike
    Oh how I love that car/suv so... If I could afford one it would be mine That's one of the few autos I would even consider.

Ike

Ike
    By the way, I'm guessing you're modded, I can't imagine you pulling that many cars stock.

i was checking them out at the dealership...i say some FX35s in the lof 35Ks, and saw the FX45 all the way up to about 60K.

Very comfortable on the inside. The fx45 gets HORRIBLE gas milage though.

If you weren't sure he was racing, the title of your thread is a little misleading. Glad you had fun regardless, those FX45's are awesome.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

What's an FX45?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    What's an FX45?

RN
    Infiniti. Ala Nissan Murano

What's an FX45?

RN
    Infiniti

FX45

Originally posted by driverj
    Ahh ya beat me to it

Originally posted by driverj
    I see now...so they can give a WRX a good run? Guess the STi would eat it alive...

RN

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Ahh ya beat me to it
    Perfect launch

J-H
    Shaitiger,

for me there is a difference between racing (nice open road, enough space available for accel and braking, etc) and putting your life and other people' life on the line (cutting through traffic at high speeds, tailgating, etc.). This was a fun, yet pretty fast encounter. It was obvious to me that he did not want to put his life on the line in order to keep up, but we did get to some speed. We were just checking how each car would fair. The guy had the biggest smile on his face, so did I. That exhaust note is just amazing....

BTW, my boost is set at 15.5

I am pretty sure that the STI would blow the doors off the FX45. On another note, I saw an ad in the newspaper for a dealership. I guess that their 5 or 10k mark-up on the STI did not work very whell for them. Anyway, the ad said that they would sell the STI at MSRP. Went there and all three were gone. Came in time just to see the last one being cleaned...I swear, that scoop is almost too big. I would be worried about turning the car on in the morning, afraid some cat or bird might called that home for the night....

JH

Originally posted by J-H
    Shaitiger,

for me there is a difference between racing (nice open road, enough space available for accel and braking, etc) and putting your life and other people' life on the line (cutting through traffic at high speeds, tailgating, etc.). This was a fun, yet pretty fast encounter. It was obvious to me that he did not want to put his life on the line in order to keep up, but we did get to some speed. We were just checking how each car would fair. The guy had the biggest smile on his face, so did I. That exhaust note is just amazing....

BTW, my boost is set at 15.5

I am pretty sure that the STI would blow the doors off the FX45. On another note, I saw an ad in the newspaper for a dealership. I guess that their 5 or 10k mark-up on the STI did not work very whell for them. Anyway, the ad said that they would sell the STI at MSRP. Went there and all three were gone. Came in time just to see the last one being cleaned...I swear, that scoop is almost too big. I would be worried about turning the car on in the morning, afraid some cat or bird might called that home for the night....

JH
    Of course you knew that the IC spray on the STi is to chase people out from under the scoop, where they wait for the bus...

RN

I Support ClubWRX
    The CFO of the company I work for is picking up his FX35 today. I will take pictures if you guys want them. I already offered to "RUN" him on the expressway near our work. He modestly declined

Of course you knew that the IC spray on the STi is to chase people out from under the scoop, where they wait for the bus...

RN
    lol, great mental pic.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.