Beat grand prix, had a little trouble with 350Z
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Beat grand prix, had a little trouble with 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was in Plainville, CT at a 4 way light. My light was just turning red so I had about 2 ...

Beat grand prix, had a little trouble with 350Z

Was in Plainville, CT at a 4 way light. My light was just turning red so I had about 2 sec. to turn right before the onslaught of traffic. As I was turning right into the first lane I see a red Grand Prix (looked about 02' or 03' model) flooring it in the second lane. He was at my bumper as soon as I turned and that was as close as he came. I had about 5-6 car lengths by the time I got to 3rd, slowed down to make right turn and he did the fly bye with some hand gestures (I dont understand that at all).

Then the real fun began. Saw a 350Z on the highway so I kept up with him for quite some time. I really like the way they look. We pull up to the toll booth, both with EZ-Pass (a must for every racer wannabe) and took off. I had him easily up to about 45 where traffic was congesting into a lane to get onto hwy. He caught up quickly and was on my @ss. The hwy opens up (mass pike) into four lanes and I figure drivers race at that point. I move over to the left lane (four lanes over) and he is about 6" from my buumper and I cannot get any seperation at all. I was laughing to my self. I looked down and we are going 110 and lotso cops out on that stretch so I slow down and pull over a lane. He slows down and I look over and gice him the thumbs up and say nice car, he looks over at me like I wasnt there and gives me a hand flicker (like I never should of tried to race an excellent auto like a Nissan) like leave me alone you. I shook my head, and thought what a d1ck. I then looked at my AC litght on and thougt maybe with that off I can get a little more power and we went again...this time I was chasing. I wasnt on his @ss but he was not pulling away at all from 75-110. Is there that much resistance when a car is following that close??? I know racers will use the pulll from the car in front...just curious.

I am pretty much stock, wagon with 5 speed...I figured drivers race...those 350Z are no joke!!!
    Not all who wander are lost

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by swipe112
    Well, I hate to break it to you, but at those speeds, a 350z should hand it to us from a roll....so don't feel bad if you couldn't shake him. It's sad but the top end on our cars is nothing to really brag about. I've seen cars w/ less hp keep up with me a highway speeds.....so start modding!
    stock wrx's are not too impressive from a roll! Don't be gunnin for people on the freeway until you get some exhaust mods and mbc!!
    2003 SRT-4

That must have been a Grand Prix GT, from that speed and with a head start a GTP would've handed your lunch
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

I am not sure what GP it was...but since we both started from a dead stop it wouldnt of mattered if it were a GTP. The kid did seem pretty stunned.

I guess it is time to start some mods. I am thinking about at least a stage 2 from turbo XS...I like the sleeper wagon idea.
    Keep the stock wheels and no extras on the body, all performance. Then when the turbo dies, step up to stage 4.
    I have 45,000 miles, so turbo has about half of its lifef gone.

Then I will go find that M******* in the 350Z and give him the rich boy wrist flicker.
    Not all who wander are lost

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.