WRX vs GTP and Altima

This is a discussion on WRX vs GTP and Altima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; List of cars with mods: My WRX- stock GTP-exhaust, pulleys, and something else (I forgot ) Latest Altima out there- ...

WRX vs GTP and Altima

List of cars with mods:
    My WRX- stock
    GTP-exhaust, pulleys, and something else (I forgot )
    Latest Altima out there- stock

I just heading home from church when my friend called me. He just got his altima not too long ago and wanted to see how well he would do against my car. I said sure. He also said that there was going to be that GTP (stock supercharger) coming with us. We all knew each other already.

We met at a gas station and we headed off to the roads. The first couple of races was from a 40 mph punch. We did that 3 honk thing and off we go! I let the other cars get the slight jump first so I can really see how much I pull or lose on them. We went up to 100 mph and the GTP had 1/3 of a car on me while the altima was behind me (not sure how much because I was concentrating on the road). We did this the second time, same results.

We finally caught the traffic light . This is where my car shines. When the light turned green, I got an automatic 1.5 to 2 cars on both. We kept going until about 100 mph. This time I won.

We went back to the gas station to talk about what happened. Both my friends said that they really didn't gain much or at all on me. I was surprised because I thought their trapspeed was higher.. but oh well, I'm happy with the car that I invested in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You are a moderator and drive a stock WRX????

was it altima V6 manual or auto?

Yep, it's stock because this car is still new but don't worry I'll be getting some goodies for Veronica soon.

And oh yea, the Altima was a manual. My friend with the GTP also said that I was the first WRX to beat him.

Question

The Altima was a V6 manual and he didn't trounce you? Gee, I had that Nissan 3.5L six up there on a pedestal...
    PSM Sedan, lightly salted!
    SCCA-4-Life!

Originally posted by NOSS
    The Altima was a V6 manual and he didn't trounce you?
    I know exactly how you're thinking because I feel the same. This is, after all, a street race... anything can happen. I'm guessing that my driving skills helped a bit.

HUH?

how is that supposed to trounce you? test times show it cant beat us. i've personally ran one the other day annd i can say i raped it pretty bad... about 1 1/2- 2 cars the whole way to 100. thats on a ~10mph rolling start too