GTS vs RSX-S vs GTP vs WRX - real race
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on GTS vs RSX-S vs GTP vs WRX - real race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I read this from www.clubrsx.com http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...817#post211817 Stock WRX vs modded GTP, RSX-S and GTS "GTS vs WRX vs RSX-S vs ...

GTS vs RSX-S vs GTP vs WRX - real race

I read this from www.clubrsx.com

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...817#post211817

Stock WRX vs modded GTP, RSX-S and GTS

"GTS vs WRX vs RSX-S vs GTP
    so here are the players...

BigBuyer2477: WRX -- Stock
    Gqvietboy:RSX-S -- AEM CAI w/unbolted exhaust
    Mr2177:GTP -- Custom CAI/Shortened Pulley/Exhaust
    TRD Liquid Silver:GTS -- Injen CAI
    EnvusGTS: GTS -- CAI/5Zigen exhaust

I set up this meet with bigbuyer a week ago and he came down from orange county to race a gts.. somehow Mr2177 in ClubSi with the GTP wanted in on it too, so he came down from LA. We met up in Carlsbad and drove down to miramar rd to meet up with vietboy.

1st race: GTS vs WRX

we ran from a roll of 55-60mph in my 3rd@5000rpms and went on 3 honks. from the get go the wrx put 1.5 cars on me and here i'am waiting for the car to get to 6000rpms and as soon as it does it climbs quickly to 8300rpms and pull to his rear wheel. 4th@100mph i pull near his door and we had to shut it down cause of traffic. we get another chance to run from a roll from 65mph to 90mph and this time i'm closer to 6k and it wasn't as bad as the first race i'm at his rear wheel and i pulled to his front door before the 2 lanes closed up into one. we decide to run again going the opposite way and again we go from 60mph roll and this time we get a chance to go to 125mph. 3rd gear same result i'm 1k below my powerband and he put's a car on me and i start to pull when my car hit's 6k and by the end of 3rd i'm at his rear bumper by end of 4th i'm at his side door and when i shift into 5th gear i pulled away by 1 car and we shut it down by 125mph. i asked him where he was @120mph and he's in 4th gear still and i'm in 5th. i passed him when i shifted into 5th. next time i'll be in 2nd instead of 3rd when we do a roll of 60mph.

2nd Race: GTS vs GTP

we started from a roll of 60mph and i'm in 3rd gear and of course he walks me by a car and don't start pulling till i'm in the powerband and i top out 3rd and a little of 4th. by 4th@105 i'm at his rear wheel and traffic slows us down. we get a chance to run from 70mph-100mph and were pretty even until that same lane that closes up stopped us. we ran a 3rd time and i still haven't learned my lesson and do it from 60mph in 3rd same result and by the end 4th i'm at his front wheel and the idiot that i'am hit the rev-limiter @8400rpms and dropped me back. i never got a chance to see what would have happened if got into 5th gear. the GTP was fast and the big displacement helps it out a lot from 40-90mph.

3rd race: RSX vs WRX vs GTS

this race was between vietboy/bigbuyer/envusgts... so i can't say what happened cause i wasn't there.. from what i hear the rsx-s did a lot better than bigbuyer thought. they raced from 50-55mph to 120mph and the rsx-s pulled 1 car in front of the wrx somewhere in 4th or 5th. you have to ask them. from my understanding vietbot dropped it in 2nd@50mph and they were pretty even but he pulled away on the top end. then the other gts pulled past bigbuyer, at what speed i don't know.

4thrace: vietboy vs trd liquid silver

never happened cause of mis-communication. vietboy thought we were going on 5 honks but i was saying 45mph, oh well.. but he did run a SPEC V. the Spec V came from behind and decided to join us and flew by so vietboy ran after him.. he pulled close to his rear bumper and a suv in vietboy's lane slowed him so he went around the suv on the emergency lane (sprayed all of us behind with dust and pebbles) and as soon as he passed the suv he pulled 3 cars on the spec v... after that we stopped cause we were afraid that in the 30 minutes that we were running each other someone might have called the cops...

we chatted at Wendy's and had lunch... we got a chance to talk about cars and talked about what happened while each of us were racing.

thanks to bigbuyer and mr2177 for coming down to san diego... next time we'll meet you guys at pomona raceway..."

Chirping in each gear in RSX???? how can that be possible
    Last edited by WRXreX; 03-24-2002 at 12:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude if you would have put it in second gear when you ran the wrx and the gtp you would have smoked both of them. The celica's big powerband is at 6k rpms. You was only at 3k when you race. You should have known better. Then you would have smoked them and everyone would have believe me about my buds run in with a celica. But oh well. My bud ran a celica and the celica put it in 2nd at about the speed you guys went and the celica instanly pulled 2++ cars.

hey I did not race! I just read this post from www.clubrsx.com

Sorry about the confusion

even in 2nd gear there is no way he would have smoked them. He only has about 500 rpm before he has to shift to 3rd.

Stock WRX vs GTS w/ CAI

WRX wins 50-120mph race then GTS slowly pulls away..

WRX can do the same thing... 2nd gear maxes in 65mph so WRX also has about 500rpm before he has to shift again.
    Last edited by WRXreX; 03-24-2002 at 12:19 PM.

Originally posted by BamBooI
    Dude if you would have put it in second gear when you ran the wrx and the gtp you would have smoked both of them. The celica's big powerband is at 6k rpms. You was only at 3k when you race. You should have known better. Then you would have smoked them and everyone would have believe me about my buds run in with a celica. But oh well. My bud ran a celica and the celica put it in 2nd at about the speed you guys went and the celica instanly pulled 2++ cars.
    he was at 5000 rpm in 3rd gear not 3k. Read his post again

they didn't even race from the stop light.. lol... I wonder why

I know why
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

What bull****. There is NO way that a lightly modded RSX could, at ANY speed, pull on a stock WRX. Come on, the WRX does the 1/4 mile a second faster than the RSX so how could the RSX pull on it? Last I checked, 217 lb/ft > 142 lb/ft. Oh yeah, and for the highway race, 227hp > 200hp. I call bs, there is no way the WRX lost to the RSX, even from a roll.

Hehe, no doubt they didn't race from a stop, although come to think of it, I'm surprised. Anyone dumb enough to buy an RSX over a WRX probably would be dumb enough to race a WRX from a standstill.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Anyone dumb enough to buy an RSX over a WRX probably would be dumb enough to race a WRX from a standstill.
    Well now, you DID buy a RSX over a WRX, didn't you?

Originally posted by 2001S4

Well now, you DID buy a RSX over a WRX, didn't you?
    I know, I hadn't heard of the WRX when I bought my RSX. If I had, I never would have bought the RSX. Hey, I admit it, I was dumb!!
    2002 RSX Type S

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    rsxsucks, you are sucker. my friend has an rsx with catback exhaust,testpipe,intake and pulleys. He will walk a stock wrx all day from a 40mph roll and up. we tried it about 10 different speeds and gears and he still pulled me. dont forget its 300+lbs lighter. Now he is spraying just a 45 shot of Nos and he runs 13.2. he will destroy me in a roll on. w/ nos its not even close. From a dead stop on the street i still take him though.Im not stock anymore. Learn to work with what you have. the RSX is no slouch!!!
    Mike
    MotorMatrix.com
    Last edited by MotorMatrix; 04-09-2002 at 06:44 PM.

Then why do you need to advertise in somebody else's post?

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    sorry didnt mean to piss you off. i was just breaking the guys balls!!

Originally posted by motormatrix
    rsxsucks, you are sucker. my friend has an rsx with catback exhaust,testpipe,intake and pulleys. He will walk a stock wrx all day from a 40mph roll and up. we tried it about 10 different speeds and gears and he still pulled me. dont forget its 300+lbs lighter. Now he is spraying just a 45 shot of Nos and he runs 13.2. he will destroy me in a roll on. w/ nos its not even close. From a dead stop on the street i still take him though.Im not stock anymore. Learn to work with what you have. the RSX is no slouch!!!
    Mike
    MotorMatrix.com
    I don't believe it. If there is an RSX out there that can run a 13.2, it means that it can beat a stock WRX in a 1/4 mile race and we all know that that is completely impossible. No RSX could ever beat any WRX under any condition because the WRX has AWD and more torque. Shrug, at least that is what the WRX guys say and I believe 'em!!
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks

I don't believe it. If there is an RSX out there that can run a 13.2, it means that it can beat a stock WRX in a 1/4 mile race and we all know that that is completely impossible. No RSX could ever beat any WRX under any condition because the WRX has AWD and more torque. Shrug, at least that is what the WRX guys say and I believe 'em!!
    PLEASE, just once, say something smart. There are Plymouth Acclaims that can beat a WRX. ANYTHING can be made fast. ANYTHING!!! The RSX-S is a great car, you certainly don't deserve one.

No offense but this is no race...a real race is on the track where you dont endanger your lives and everyone around you...and who races on a roll

Show me timeslips thats a race
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.