GTS vs RSX-S vs GTP vs WRX - real race - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on GTS vs RSX-S vs GTP vs WRX - real race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I asked a while back about putting a FMIC on a WRX and replace the WRX hood with a 2.5RS ...

I asked a while back about putting a FMIC on a WRX and replace the WRX hood with a 2.5RS hood to get rid of the scoop. Just an idea, not that I will be doing anytime soon. Plus, i think there is some air going through the scoop that is directed towards the turbo area, right? Would that be a problem?

I saw a 2.5RS in my complex, silver like mine and honestly, it looks exactly the same except for the hood. Anybody thought about that idea just to help the aerodynamic of the car a little bit? I don't know, maybe I'm talking too much... RSXSucks, what do you think? Just kidding.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    please dont call on RSXsucks!!! as far as the 13.8 to 15.1 is concerned. rarely has anyone ran 13.8 stock. most run 14.2 to 14.5 in a stock wrx. what you are not considering is the wrx has a 60ft time of 1.7-1.8 and the rsx has about a 2.4. thats all the difference int he 1/4 mile et. look at the trap speed if you are comparing roll ons. a fwd runs a 5-10 mph trap than us. why cause they dont hook up. i hate to defend a car i dont own but as far as rollons go the rsx is faster. my friend has a 50 shot of nos and at 60 up he will walk my ass!! but dead stop i eat him up. i still have 50 more hp than him and he wins.

please-
    i respect your freedom to think whatever you wish, but please- the language... i think this is a great forum, w/ some really awesome and respectable people- so, for the sake of keeping this forum clean as it is, let's watch what words we use to express freely the thoughts we have.
    www.realultimatepower.net

Wow!!!!!!

My race is being posted here and I didn't even know it!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever it is, let me know who you are in the RSX Forum...

The race did happen, and it took place a few weekends ago near San Diego. It was between me, a GTS and a RSX-S with un-bolted exhaust an intake and a GTP with a pulley upgrade.

The reason why we didn't do a dead-stop was simple: we didn't need to! It's not like we don'y know who will win that one.

I did do a dead stop with the GTS, and I was clearly almost two cars out front by the end of first, but then he mis-shifted and so when I looked back in second gear he was like 10 cars behind...

The GTS can pull, but remember our 4th gear is like .94:1 while the GTS is still in underdrive with like a 1.2:1 gear ratio and a 4.5ish final drive. I held off the GTS in 4th gear, but when he shifted into 5th I lost because I was holding in 4th for as long as I can. The WRX can run up to around 120mph in 4th before redline.

The RSX is a different story.

we rolled at 40mph, I was in third and he was in third. The race was suppose to be a third gear roll-on at 40mph, but for some reason he misunderstood me and dropped into second at the third beep... He took off and by the time I realized what happened I was too far back to catch up, and so I just gave up the race. But get this, he has a friend with a modded GTS (another one) and that thing not only passed me like a bullet it caught up to the RSX!!!! That was a very fast GTS, and it does not have a second gear because he mis-shifted so many times the gear is messed up.

This guy has a really weird Type S, it must have been a factory wild-child or something because it IS the fastest Type S I have seen to date! Maybe they mistakenly put a Type R engine in that puppy, I don't know how much the un-bolted exhaust can do, but it certainly help it that day.

Why did we do a roll-on test run? We wanted to see just how "powerful" the WRX is! The verdict:

A stock WRX really is not a good top end runner. The gears are too long and the final drive is also to tall, and at 8000rpm, the Type S has a better weight/power ratio then the WRX at 7000rpm. (HP measured at the wheels and car's weight) I calculated it nd it was something like 15.7:1 for the Type s at 7500rpm vs the WRX's 19.x:1 at 6500rpm. Combine that with a very aggressive gear ratio you see how the Type S could and can keep up, if not out pull a WRX past the century mark.

I had mods on the WRX before, an EBC. I got a Unichip earlier but took it off to have it reprogrammed for use with the Vishnu's up pipe, but I haven't had the time to install them back on yet. With these mods I think I can dip into the high 13's running a modest 16 psi, but it won't be a M3 or Vett killer. It would be good for destroying S2K's, E36 M3's and most rice racers on the street.

I am going to trade up to the STi anyway when it gets here, and I already have money stashed away for mods when I get the car. In my personal opinion, I bought the WRX too early. If I had known about the STi's arrival I would have waited, and the reason is because the STi is a much better platform to work with for serious mods. Forged rods and pistons, sodium filled valves, AVCS, ball bearing turbo, 6 speed tranny, front and rear limited slip, bigger intercooler and larger brakes. I know with $5K we can make the WRX go very fast, but for $30K (price of the STi) plus another $5K for $35K, I could build a 400HP+ daily driver that is durable. I don't think a WRX would hold up more then 350HP before the tranny and the internals begin to falter, but my neighbor in Japan has a Sti VI that's pushing out over 400HP on stock internals with over 50K km logged in.

The WRx is nice, but we might be giving ourselves too much credit here...

Originally posted by Suparu
    The WRx is nice, but we might be giving ourselves too much credit here...
    Gasp!! Take that back immediately!! The WRX is the end all and be all of automotive performance. HP/weight ratios don't matter! Gearing doesn't matter! There is nothing (other than the STi) that will ever out do the WRX. Sheesh, some people!

About the RSX... maybe it had a WRX engine in it and that is why it could pull on you? Same with the Celica, it had a WRX engine in it too.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

I alway wonder if the M3ers and the Vetters are laughting at us
    Wrxers and Rsxer when they visits our forums.

Btw I do 1/4 and Solo2. Going passed 100+ on open road is not my
    cup of tea unless I am at Limerock. Well that just me.

I am setting up the wrx slowly am planning to play with my co-works 89 full rollcaged mod M3 track car. He runs regularly at Limerock. Of
    cause he will dust me badly.

He test drove someone's stock WRX (with better tires) in Limerock a
    few weeks back, he told me it handles real well at the track being
    stock. He thinks more mod wrx will shows up in Limerock and gives
    the Audi a run for the money.

I need some Kuhmo VictoRacer V700 tires
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Gasp!! Take that back immediately!! The WRX is the end all and be all of automotive performance. HP/weight ratios don't matter! Gearing doesn't matter! There is nothing (other than the STi) that will ever out do the WRX. Sheesh, some people!

About the RSX... maybe it had a WRX engine in it and that is why it could pull on you? Same with the Celica, it had a WRX engine in it too.
    I wonder who you are in the Clubrsx forum............

Now... either RSXSucks is a complete 12 year old fool or he's having so much fun "mocking" us since day one. Either way, good job. Now we got it. Don't you have anything else to do?
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Thumbs up

Originally posted by ticrab
    Now... either RSXSucks is a complete 12 year old fool or he's having so much fun "mocking" us since day one. Either way, good job. Now we got it. Don't you have anything else to do?
    Good post
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123