GTS vs RSX-S vs GTP vs WRX - real race - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on GTS vs RSX-S vs GTP vs WRX - real race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im not going to fight with you over it. im just stating the facts. Why not become a member on ...

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    im not going to fight with you over it. im just stating the facts. Why not become a member on clubrsx and fight with them. for god sake you dont even own a wrx!!!

i guess we dont race roll-ons but if you get tried on the highway its hard to run a dead stop race. in florida we have a deserted highway that no one travels. so we only endager our own lives not others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

motormatrix, not pissed at you it just gets old seeing people try to sell things in somebody else's thread. Unless they are looking for prices.

As far as the RSX goes I still don't see the big deal with them. Its still not a real sports car and its not a gutless compact.

from what i've read, the rsx type-s is only about 150-200 pounds lighter than the wrx, gets to sixty in 6.7 seconds, does a quarter mile in 15.1 seconds, and has a top speed of 130, so in theory, the wrx is a little better from a standstill, they are probably evenly matched from a roll, and even if the rsx pulled away, the wrx would catch up when the rsx hit its top speed.

Last edited by junaitari; 04-11-2002 at 05:59 AM.

Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertisement Fees and refuses to pay. Do not buy ANYTHING from MotorMatrix or SubaruPower.com!
    i have see rsx's at the track run 14.5 withe just intake. they dont hook up on the street so the wrx will leave it off the line. but when you say "the wrx would catch up when the rsx hit its top speed". i think you way off!! the rsx willl hit hit 150 mph on speedo. i have been in the car when my friend hit 150. the wrx is limited on top end. he runs right by my if we run a 100+ mph roll on. also i weighed my car in at 3050 and his weighs 2730.

Like i said, I READ that the top speed of the rsx type s is limited at 130, and this was all IN THEORY. Personally, I was thinking about buying the rsx. I don't have any problem with it. I like the styling and all that stuff. I just chose the wrx because its more functional. I can drive it in a foot of snow without a problem. With all this comparison, we're like a bunch of dogs pissing on trees.

I'll just shut up now, because i don't know anything.
    Last edited by junaitari; 04-11-2002 at 06:41 AM.

i dont know where you read that. the RSX is not speed limited. Honda doesnt do to them what Subaru does to us. I dont run top end so i dont care. I love my awd. Dont think that an even matched awd will run down a fwd on top end.

Sorry, I told you I don't know anything, guess the more I look the more the numbers are jumbled I get 130 some places, 140 others, 150 on some. The web isn't the best place to look. I don't run top end and haven't had mine up past 90 and was just passing a line of 3 cars. (got the only one in town and the cops have blacklisted me) that and I live in iowa. I only care about 0-60 acceleration.

Like I said, I'll shut up now.

no its cool man. your right the web is not the best place for info. atleast the forums arent always the best for certain info. I have been over 145 in the rsx so i can attest to it not being limited. im like you except i only car about 1st,2nd,3rd. the race is over by then.later
    Last edited by MotorMatrix; 04-11-2002 at 07:05 AM.

Gosh it feels so nice to make friends with fellow wrxers. Just wish some lived closer to me. Knoxville, iowa only has sprint cars.

The manual transmission WRX has no top speed limiter. I have had mine up to 138mph. I may have been on a slight incline or else the drag of my spoiler was just enough to stop me from hitting the claimed top speed of 140mph.

FYI, the automatic is limited to 130mph.

-Jim

Originally posted by motormatrix
    i dont know where you read that. the RSX is not speed limited. Honda doesnt do to them what Subaru does to us. I dont run top end so i dont care. I love my awd. Dont think that an even matched awd will run down a fwd on top end.

RSXracer200
    i have a rsx and i can tell you that i don't know the exact top speed but i was at 8100rpm in 5th and the speedometer was reading 146mph and there is probably a little something left in 6th...the wrx totaly kills from a stop but its a hole other race on the move. i don't have a dought in my mind that i can take a wrx on the role::flame suit on:: you guys have a good power train for getting good off the line times but it totaly sucks when you are already moving...its a compramise between these to cars you either get the quicker 1 off the line or you get the 1 that is faster from a role, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

In rolling race, WRX and RSX Type-S are pretty much dead even until around 100mph (WRX is ~0.1 or 0.2 sec faster in rolling race according to Compact Sport magazine from 30-70) then RSX starts pulling away. WRX sits too high to run stably at high speed. It's all driver's race...

It's also un unfair race to run an modded RSX vs. a stock WRX. The WRX responds very good to mods and if you invested the same amount in the WRX as you did in the RSX, the WRX would kill it.

You want to see a car that will kick both of those cars a$$'s. Click here.
    www.turbovan.net

RSXracer200
    a stock wrx is slowwer then a stock rsx on the freeway....some of you guys are going the 1/4 in 13.8 or so at around 95mph when a stock rsx dose it in 15.1-14.9 at 94mph meaning we are excellerating alot faster then you when we reach a surten mph...i think the wrx just becomes a dog after about 85mph

Originally posted by WRXreX
    In rolling race, WRX and RSX Type-S are pretty much dead even until around 100mph (WRX is ~0.1 or 0.2 sec faster in rolling race according to Compact Sport magazine from 30-70) then RSX starts pulling away. WRX sits too high to run stably at high speed. It's all driver's race...
    finally someone with real stats. thanks for the info!! have you guys also even thought to consider the body design. the rsx is built like a bullet and the wrx is like a fat pig. the hood scoop doesnt help at 100+ mph. i still like my body style better but i race 1/4 mile not top end!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast