AWW Vs. T-Rex (OWN3D) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on AWW Vs. T-Rex (OWN3D) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A couple of my team mates told me this guy that has a VW Golf thats stock beat me one ...

A couple of my team mates told me this guy that has a VW Golf thats stock beat me one day. They new it was BS. I have only raced a VW Golf with APS Stage 3. Now he beat me. I won't lie about that one. The guy talkin BS has a white Golf that I never raced before so I dont know what he is saying. If I see him I will show him up.
    http://images.cardomain.com/installs.../159812_19.jpg02 Plat Sil WRX Sdn,5 spd 13.38@101mph at 4400ft.
    17" Velox VX6r's w/Falken ZE512 and stockers, IHI VF30,TXS Uppipe,3in Custom dpipe & xaust w/HKS Muffler,Injen CAI. TXS 2 Stage BC, HKS Fuel Cut Def,CF Hood, Frnt strut bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Car-Stats.com Report for 2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T
    Obtained from C&D November, 2001
    0-60: 7.2 Transmission: Manual
    1/4 Mile: 15.7
    1/4 Speed: 89

once again, paper racing here.. but its all i have to go on..... but if its an automatic.... sorry no....
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    Car-Stats.com Report for 2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T
    Obtained from C&D November, 2001
    0-60: 7.2 Transmission: Manual
    1/4 Mile: 15.7
    1/4 Speed: 89

once again, paper racing here.. but its all i have to go on..... but if its an automatic.... sorry no....
    Yeah, the C&D drivers weren't doing too well that day. There's a lot of guys who have run high 14's, stock.

Blah.... bench racing.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Ike
    Yes, but stock for VW and Audi guys seems to mean Chip+DV

Originally posted by Ike
    Yes, but stock for VW and Audi guys seems to mean Chip+DV
    Even with a chip installed, i didn't think the 1.8T's were all that quick. I can see though that they might give a stock WRX trouble from a roll on race at high speeds. One of the doctors in town here has a modded 5speed Jetta 1.8 T (same collour are WRXless, but lowered and with 18 inch VW BBS forged rims and spacers in the back to increase the track slightly) with the Upsolute chip, and allowed me to drive it in exchange for a drive in my modded wrx....

I loved the smoothness and civility of his car, and the turbo whine (that sound is intoxicating!) of the 1.8t, even with the suspension work and 18 inch VW BBS rims he had. A very smooth ride indeed.

Mine on the other hand was very harsh compared to his car, although even the stock turbo'd wrx will force you back in your seat harder than the 1.8T can. I think this was probably an issue with gearing. They give up some snap in town for more grunt on the highway. But I must say that the 1.8T's are VERY nice rides indeed.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

If you read the guy's post more clearly, he said he loves how both turbo spool against each other? What is he talking about? Does he drive a Audi TT roadster or does he drive a VW GTi 1.8T?

The 1.8T has one tiny little turbo that kicks in at 2500 rpm and max out at just a little over 4000 rpm (I've driven a 2002 VW GTi 1.8T 5 speed hard once so I know). What is he talking about 2 turbos?!? Does he mean the Audi TT roadster's sequential Bi-Turbo? I call this total BS since he doesn't even know what he is talking about. Maybe the WRX isn't even running it hard since it was him that thought they were going to race, the WRX didn't sound like he was trying. Please if someone is going too trash talk, at least get your facts, story right or somewhat believable, but his lack of knowledge most certainly disscredited himself in my eyes.

I don't ever race people but I want to race him to teach him some respect. VW = heavy, FWD understeering cow.
    Last edited by Imprezaboy; 08-12-2003 at 11:03 AM.
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties

Originally posted by jigga
    Even with a chip installed, i didn't think the 1.8T's were all that quick. I can see though that they might give a stock WRX trouble from a roll on race at high speeds. One of the doctors in town here has a modded 5speed Jetta 1.8 T (same collour are WRXless, but lowered and with 18 inch VW BBS forged rims and spacers in the back to increase the track slightly) with the Upsolute chip, and allowed me to drive it in exchange for a drive in my modded wrx....

I loved the smoothness and civility of his car, and the turbo whine (that sound is intoxicating!) of the 1.8t, even with the suspension work and 18 inch VW BBS rims he had. A very smooth ride indeed.

Mine on the other hand was very harsh compared to his car, although even the stock turbo'd wrx will force you back in your seat harder than the 1.8T can. I think this was probably an issue with gearing. They give up some snap in town for more grunt on the highway. But I must say that the 1.8T's are VERY nice rides indeed.

I agree. The VW's feel a lot more "grown up" than most cars out there. The engines are beautiful. They rev so smoothly compared to most other engines on the market. Torque comes in very soon and the curves are very smooth. The fit and finish is also very nice and the ride is excellent. My friend from work has a GTI with 17" wheels on stock suspension and the handling is insane.
    The biggest problem these cars have is the launch, but they do pull hard from a roll, maybe not WRX hard but they are no slouch!
    2002 WRX Sedan 5-spd

that guy's from morgantown.....wasn't me though
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

in response to him thinking a 1.8t will take a rex....
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by Imprezaboy
    If you read the guy's post more clearly, he said he loves how both turbo spool against each other? What is he talking about? Does he drive a Audi TT roadster or does he drive a VW GTi 1.8T?
    I think he was talking about the two different cars spooling up with eachother.

The 1.8T has one tiny little turbo that kicks in at 2500 rpm and max out at just a little over 4000 rpm (I've driven a 2002 VW GTi 1.8T 5 speed hard once so I know).
    Wow... you sure can tell a lot about a car after a drive. Why is it then that the 1.8T makes peak power at ~5500 RPM? And why is it that its torque curve is almost flat from ~1950 RPM to ~5500 RPM? Please, educate me.

I don't ever race people but I want to race him to teach him some respect. VW = heavy, FWD understeering cow.
    Heavy? Wow, it tips the scales at about 3000 lbs. How much does your car weigh? FWD has its place, and understeering can be dealt with.

Please if someone is going too trash talk, at least get your facts, story right or somewhat believable, but his lack of knowledge most certainly disscredited himself in my eyes.
    Open mouth. Insert foot.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

WRXless, I take what I said back, I haven't done enough research on the 1.8T to accurately assess the performance of the VW, that was just my first drive impression; so I didn't know of all the stats you've just thrown out. The WRX is 3085 lbs curb weight (5 spd) and approx. 3200 lbs (auto), relatively speaking, the GTi is heavy compare to the WRX that's all I am saying. Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone, I am quite fond of the VW GTi 16-valve Mark II, wish I had one as a project car. I just found the guy's story a little hard to believe, you may or may not agree, but each to their own. As to your last comment, again I apologize for not having my facts totally straight, though I wasn't completely off.
    :the quest to be a better driver
    ::the relentless search for untamed twisties

WRXless, I take what I said back, I haven't done enough research on the 1.8T to accurately assess the performance of the VW, that was just my first drive impression; so I didn't know of all the stats you've just thrown out. The WRX is 3085 lbs curb weight (5 spd) and approx. 3200 lbs (auto), relatively speaking, the GTi is heavy compare to the WRX that's all I am saying. Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone, I am quite fond of the VW GTi 16-valve Mark II, wish I had one as a project car. I just found the guy's story a little hard to believe, you may or may not agree, but each to their own. As to your last comment, again I apologize for not having my facts totally straight, though I wasn't completely off.
    No worries. It just got my ire up as there seemed to be an unnecessary bash against a really good car. Sorry if I got a bit ignorant. I'm not trying to say that the GTi is a better car than the WRX, and I"m not saying that it's worse. They're just different, each with their pros and cons.

Peace
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.