Old School Beat Down: 'Maro vs WRX(s)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Old School Beat Down: 'Maro vs WRX(s) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well after reading up on all the WRXvs???? Camaro post, I was astonished on how many there were out there, ...

Old School Beat Down: 'Maro vs WRX(s)

Well after reading up on all the WRXvs???? Camaro post, I was astonished on how many there were out there, and some of you guys won. So taking this into mind I got in my car and drove out to West Sacramento, and made a circle back down through the Laguna and Elkgrove areas, before making my circle back to SouthEast Sac. Well I KNEW I'd run into some people who couldn't resist racing, but I had my eyes out and nose ears open to race some WRXs. I was tired of asuming things and going by the few I have seen at the track so I had to see the hype for myself. Anyways I coax'd a few to race me (they were smart enough not to egg me on first) and all I have to say is DAMN! Those little beast give you a nice kick in the ass! The launch off the lines were INSANE! That damn AWD takes away from the turbo lag, so now I will call BS on anyone who complains about thier turbo lag Anyways to make a long story short, it was a pure masacre. Although somewhat modded STi maybe got within a few car lengths, but by the time I was in 3rd and about 2 and half cars ahead, he was out of gears, so I didn't push 4th, but the little guys put up one helluva fight! Much respect for all you WRX, especially STi owners out there, as I expected, you guys are FAR from being "ricers" expect me to stand up for you guys when the fellow "Muscle heads" pals of mines place you guys in that category! Makes me want to go buy one... just not at that price!
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

low 11s are my goal on my Rex... hehe, hope to one day be able to keep up with a car like yours... hella nice man.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Re: Old School Beat Down: 'Maro vs WRX(s)

Originally posted by C9A1L1L
    Well after reading up on all the WRXvs???? Camaro post, I was astonished on how many there were out there, and some of you guys won. So taking this into mind I got in my car and drove out to West Sacramento, and made a circle back down through the Laguna and Elkgrove areas, before making my circle back to SouthEast Sac. Well I KNEW I'd run into some people who couldn't resist racing, but I had my eyes out and nose ears open to race some WRXs. I was tired of asuming things and going by the few I have seen at the track so I had to see the hype for myself. Anyways I coax'd a few to race me (they were smart enough not to egg me on first) and all I have to say is DAMN! Those little beast give you a nice kick in the ass! The launch off the lines were INSANE! That damn AWD takes away from the turbo lag, so now I will call BS on anyone who complains about thier turbo lag Anyways to make a long story short, it was a pure masacre. Although somewhat modded STi maybe got within a few car lengths, but by the time I was in 3rd and about 2 and half cars ahead, he was out of gears, so I didn't push 4th, but the little guys put up one helluva fight! Much respect for all you WRX, especially STi owners out there, as I expected, you guys are FAR from being "ricers" expect me to stand up for you guys when the fellow "Muscle heads" pals of mines place you guys in that category! Makes me want to go buy one... just not at that price!
    Sacramento eh? There are a few 290+ whp wrx's living around there. Let me know if you want a friendly race with them and I'll let them know as well Granted, you'll probably still win, but they can give you some better competition
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 08-06-2003 at 01:54 AM.

Thumbs up

Heh, I have seen a few down at the track, I just never got matched up against them because all 11.42s and bellow are in a different class, and there is one down here running high 11s. On slicks mind you. If I had the money to burn I'd stick on some slicks and see what kind of times I could pull, but I am getting the car set for paint and full interior restoration, show quality. People think that because my car is primer it is fast, so maybe once I have it painted, people will think it is JUST "a show car" But as I said before MUCHO RESPECTO to you WRX guys, and gals. You all have some nice cars there in your hands, and for the most part, the average WRX owner isn't some "revved up a-hole" like most of, actually about ALL of the Ricers are. I get the thubs up from the guys and they never tell me about their "Naaaaawwwwz" so yes I'd have to say I am "Imprez'd" I need to take another trip to the dyno and the track, I am sure I have bettered the performace since I changed the exhaust sytem, the headers and my throttle intake just to name a few. They aren't stock like before, so I should be flirtin' with high 10s with my street drags. Gotta keep my fingers crossed, gotta see where a couple grand will get me.

C'mon, put some giggle gas on that thing and see what it does. Its already stupid fast, why not try for brain dead fast?

And yeah, the AWD launch "feature" is a serious kick in the pants. I did a 5k slip/drop IN THE RAIN...the thing still will rip yer head off.

Nice ride man, love them muscle cars.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

It is not often you get a open minded V8 guy but thanks for the respect. Props on your car it sounds bad A@@.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Most of us "Muscle Heads" aren't that bad, just the older guys are really quick to judge almost all imports as ricers. I am a young buck, only 17, so I pay attention to whats really goin on. Lol as for the "Naaaaawwwz" I couldn't bring myself to do it, all the bashing I did on the ricers, then to stick some in my trunk and start talkin' about "don't make me push the little red button!" I am gunna go for the 454 first, over the supercharger, then the times'll drop like flys. But I am pretty sure I could break 9s with a few tunes to my 350 and on slicks. As far as my times now, I am pretty sure I am in high 10s probably over 500ft-lbs and Hp. I've pushed this 350 almost to its limits, so anything else I change will have to be custom machined. Too expensive to do right now, so I am gunna turn it into a show car as well to win some cash and then finish up on the motor. See, we CAN co-exist!

Talking

Well got some good news AND bad news (yin and yang... gotta have both) DynoPub says I have the most "monsterous 350 they have ever seen" at 498whp and 522lb-ft torque... the bad news, they were flubbin around "tuning stuff, FREE OF CHARGE" then siezed up a few pistons at 4600rpm on the next run my baby! Would take 3 days to fix... Good news: they rebuilt the entire set up, rebored it even higher, and topped it off with a new set of custom Al headers! The whole time I was thinking "I hope they break something else... I want a new manifold!" Anyways, next dyno came in and more good news 516wph and 544lb ft torque! YAY! Bad news, when rolling through 3rd to 4th gear, they said I had a small leway before it red lines, meaning I had some more power in there, even worse news... The guy just didn't know how to shift and my gearing was fine, so no more "hidden power." Took it to the back and ran the 1/4 in 10.46@126.5 On Street drags 9s... Here I come! Oh yeah, thats the good news, bad news: I need to figure out how to fit a 10/12 point roll cage in a car I barely fit in (comfortably)... Oh well time to change my profile...

Do you have any pic's of your car?

WUSSY! WUSSY! Why not 8's?

516 NA whp....NICE. I guess merging is a no-brainer now.

You done any weight reduction? I plugged yer numbers into some calculators and it spit out 3200-3300 curb weight estimates. I dunno what a 'Maro weighs bone stock.

*edit*

Saw yer sig. 3550 with you in it eh? Thats alot of weight movin at a respectable clip. Congrats on the sick ride.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

On the picture thing, I am tryin to get one so I can have one by my name *anything for you guys!* Nothing special, a nice ugly primer for you guys to enjoy. If any of you guys frequent Sierra and Sac raceways, I pop in everyonce in a while, school is about to start back so I will go back on a haitus. Yep the car is pretty much n/a, just how I like it, fully rebuilt custom block though cost a pretty penny, but I had some money left to me. Oh and yes we CAN get along lol. No need to be pissy towards eachother, neither of us like Ricers...

Amen on that! We can all get along.
    On this board we are all performance oriented. That is the main thread here.
    In fact, maybe we need to write up a declaration of Independence from the 'other' world.
    We believe that horsepower and torque accelerate a car.
    We believe that all the contingency stickers in the world will not lower our E.T.
    We believe that double element wings on the rear of a front wheel drive car will not increase performance, but only increase drag, and if done right, will dent the truck lid.
    We believe that red tinted windows do not decrease frictional loss.
    We believe if any car cannot see with one set of headlamps and one set of fog lamps, ten sets will not help.
    etc. etc. . .

-BZ- 7.98

Originally posted by NCREX
    It is not often you get a open minded V8 guy but thanks for the respect. Props on your car it sounds bad A@@.
    Yeah man that's cool.

d_r: PIC=Comedy Gold!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.