Wrx (0) vs. Compact Truck (1)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx (0) vs. Compact Truck (1) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Was behind a Ford F-150 truck, with altezza-type taillights and aftermarket muffler. There was a VW Beetle in front of ...

Wrx (0) vs. F-150 (1)

Was behind a Ford F-150 truck, with altezza-type taillights and aftermarket muffler. There was a VW Beetle in front of the truck driving 15 mph, I guess looking for parking. At first I didn't see the beetle so I wondered why the truck was going so slow. As I steered the car left and right to see if anyone was in front of him, the beetle makes a left turn, and the truck guns it. I was in 1st gear with clutch depressed. By the time I had 1st engaged (which was about 1-1.5 sec after the truck gunned it) the truck already had a 3 car length on me. I shifted from 1st-2nd at 7k rpms and neither of us gained any ground. He didn't pull on me, I didn't pull on him. This race went for only 2 blocks before I had to make a turn. I was shocked that I didn't pull on him, but either way he got the jump on me and won. No excuses. Mad props to the truck yo!

Btw, my car is bone stock but I have my fat arse and subwoofer which adds about 220 lbs combined
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 08-06-2003 at 09:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are many tricked out mini trucks out there. Be on the lookout for them.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Its hard to catch some cars when they take the launch away, especially in a stock wrx.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by droogie
    Its hard to catch some cars when they take the launch away, especially in a stock wrx.
    Agree...in that little moment of time when you're thinking about dropping the hammer they're probably already on the cam which makes it an even deeper hole to dig out of.

T.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.