WRX vs. 350z
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; did 2 runs. i launched the car at around 4 both times. 1 run bogged the launch but still got ...

WRX vs. 350z

did 2 runs. i launched the car at around 4 both times. 1 run bogged the launch but still got a car ahead of him. ended with him taking me in 3rd. 2nd run great launch 2 car lengths. ended with him taking me in 3rd. IS THERE SOMETIN WRONG WITH ME????i know i should be able to take him easily but for some reason he keeps on beating me right in the end. helppp.

also my mods are hks catback,hks downpipe, and CAI.

i have a hks uppipe and joep going in on saturday. should i be able to take him with these installed???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think you should be able to take him easily...

350Z's are pretty fast. Yes the uppipe and MBC will greatly help your chances.

I raped this one repeatily at Northern Pkwy. If i bogged the launch I would'nt be able to catch him until 4th gear, its weird our 4th is actually better than theirs, but if I got a good launch I would take him by about 3 cars to 90-100

well i didnt bogg that much but didnt have much power after it. i was winning till the middle of 3rd. even in 2nd he would pull then the middle of 3rd he would catch up and take me. but we always ended with him about a half a car or so ahead of me. its deff time to mod alittle more. i cant stand losing to this guy.

Re: WRX vs. 350z

Originally posted by wrx2ner1
    did 2 runs. i launched the car at around 4 both times. 1 run bogged the launch but still got a car ahead of him. ended with him taking me in 3rd. 2nd run great launch 2 car lengths. ended with him taking me in 3rd. IS THERE SOMETIN WRONG WITH ME????i know i should be able to take him easily but for some reason he keeps on beating me right in the end. helppp.

also my mods are hks catback,hks downpipe, and CAI.

i have a hks uppipe and joep going in on saturday. should i be able to take him with these installed???
    You need to have a turboback (which you have) AND an increase in boost if you want to be able to tackle the 350Z. Try again after
    you increase your boost.... The results shoud be interesting.....He won't be doing much if any pulling at this point...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

When I had my stage 2 from turboxs I pulled a couple of z's from a roll by at least 1 1/2 car lengths up to 100mph.... Stage 2 is all you need!
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

J-H
    I've had a run with a 350Z. Sort of on a roll. Both of us taking a turn (35mph, pretty sharp). I downshift to second, he downshifts (chirps his tires) and we both nailed it.

Very good conditions (cold and misty) helped with boost. Bottom line, I pulled 2 cars up to 110 where we both shut down...

He had no plates, so I think his car was not broken in yet....

JH

what exactly is the stage 2 anyway????

My friend who I have run a few times has run a 13.6 @ 103. His best now is a 13.3 with a 75 shot @ 106.5.
    350's are fast, especially on the top end. A stage 2 will get you there, you just have to be able to drive.
    2002 PSM WRX, silencer removed, K&N filter, Unorthodox pullies, MRT uppipe, BPM turboback, Samco hoses, Turbo XS unichip, Turbo XS Top Mount,GReddy pro-fec B boost controller, Grounding Mod, Eibach springs, GFB BOV,Excel wheels, Cusco rear sway bar & end links, STI hoodscoop

Originally posted by wrx2ner1
    what exactly is the stage 2 anyway????
    Exactly. I get tired of people saying they are at stage 2 or stage 4 or whatever. I am at "stage 2" but Vishnu stage 2. I am betting they have turbo XS stage 2 or 4.

Just say you have TXS S2 or VS1 or whatever and you will clear up so much.

that is all...

p@

i was talking to my mechanic and the joe p doesnt seem to be in my future anymore. seems like it could do more damage then good. so will i be able to beat him if i just add the uppipe???i'm planning to get a unichip within the next few weeks. so i'm not sure if i'm gonna even need it

Re: Re: WRX vs. 350z

Originally posted by jigga
    You need to have a turboback (which you have) AND an increase in boost if you want to be able to tackle the 350Z. Try again after
    you increase your boost.... The results shoud be interesting.....He won't be doing much if any pulling at this point...
    I disagree, i took when when i was stock... Except for a gutted uppipe (maybe i didn't eve have that, i cannot remember).

check out this old video of Mattr762's video of his wrx vs 350z.

quote:
    " The 350Z was very, very close. I was ahead of him the entire time but at the end he caught up and almost passed me. I talked to him afterwards. I told him "It looked like you kicked in some NOS at the end there, you caught up so fast" and he said "It felt like you were braking at the end there, cause I caught up so fast".

wrx vs. 350z

Hmm.....considering the Z and the WRX run pretty much the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times STOCK, I would think that any sort of modification (ie- exhaust) would put the WRX on top. Right??

Plus, a catback exhaust is suposed to be a top end mod. I really don't see how the WRX shouldn't be winning. The only thing I can think of is that you are not launching well.

350z's run mid-high 13's with a good driver. But winning can come down to the drivers. Like that video above, the 350z didn't get a good launch, thus the high 14 sec time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast