WRX vs. 350z - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; u guys think u can take a 350z from a roll with a stage 2? wats the highest u guys ...

u guys think u can take a 350z from a roll with a stage 2?

wats the highest u guys can trap with a stage 2? 101?

well im sorri but....if u race pass anywhere about 110+, the Z will get u guys everytime.

believe watchu want.
    Z33

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll race any 350z you can fine that's still NA...stage two cars make about same wheel power and are several hundred pounds lighter....
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

well im sorri but....if u race pass anywhere about 110+, the Z will get u guys everytime.
    I'm going to agree with him. Given that the WRX and the 350z that are racing have the same whp, a roll on race past 110 or so will see the z pull away.

Keep in mind that our third gear goes to about 95 or so, which means that we must shift to 4th. On the stock turbo 4th gear is a biznatch (.95 ratio ... overdriven). Given the superior gearing that the 350z has, and the aerodynamics......it will start pulling.

But enough with the bench racing...
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    I'm going to agree with him. Given that the WRX and the 350z that are racing have the same whp, a roll on race past 110 or so will see the z pull away.

Keep in mind that our third gear goes to about 95 or so, which means that we must shift to 4th. On the stock turbo 4th gear is a biznatch (.95 ratio ... overdriven). Given the superior gearing that the 350z has, and the aerodynamics......it will start pulling.

But enough with the bench racing...
    sorry jim, i respectfully disagree....sure gearing is an issue in fourth but a wrx will make more power in fourth as well and makes peak torque at 3800-4200 rpms........in any event who races past 110???

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

in any event who races past 110???
    I do.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
    u guys think u can take a 350z from a roll with a stage 2?

wats the highest u guys can trap with a stage 2? 101?

believe watchu want.
    Ok so i'll race to about 105, and BEAT A Z FROM A ROLL.

i've ran a Z from a 2nd gear 3rd gear and 4th gear roll. pulled him everytime...mods are catless,fmic and untuned utec. full interior luggage and passenger

Originally posted by Shard
    From a roll perhaps, but i will reiterate, i beat my friends Z from a dig when i was STOCK. He is a good driver, but if you get a launch, you can take them.
    I know what you mean... heck, a stock WRX can take out corvettes from a dig.... The question is that of how long until the corvette blows past you again... For pissing contests from a roll, the WRX will need TBXS Stage 2 as a minimum in order to play. To play from a stop, one does not need so much.... Only problem is that the 350Z will catch up and pass afterwards...
    I ran into my fair share of these cars, and if you are stock, you may be in front from a stop, but they will walk by you.....

As soon as you get a turbo upgrade though, they don't walk... even in our 4th gear, and trust me, I know... In fact, I do the walking, courtesy of my PE1820 turbo
    Last edited by jigga; 08-12-2003 at 10:19 AM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    I know what you mean... heck, a stock WRX can take out corvettes from a dig.... The question is that of how long until the corvette blows past you again... For pissing contests from a roll, the WRX will need TBXS Stage 2 as a minimum in order to play. To play from a stop, one does not need so much.... Only problem is that the 350Z will catch up and pass afterwards...
    I ran into my fair share of these cars, and if you are stock, you may be in front from a stop, but they will walk by you.....

As soon as you get a turbo upgrade though, they don't walk... even in our 4th gear, and trust me, I know... In fact, I do the walking, courtesy of my PE1820 turbo
    We ran up to about 85 with me still having a solid car lead on him. I'm not worried. He gained NOTHING.

you do not need a turbo upgrade to take a 350Z frmo a roll...225-240 AWHP should be enough....

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

I Support ClubWRX
    I ran a 350z from ~ a 15mph roll (we both took off out of an EZ Pass toll plaza) and went up to ~125 (it was 3am and we were the only ones on the road). When we shut down at 125, I had about 2 cars on him. I know he at least had an upgraded exhaust, and maybe something else, but I couldn't really tell. I put most of the 2 cars on him in 2nd gear and a bit in 3rd, and after that, it was dead even. Even after 110, he wasn't pulling at all. There was no AWD drive advantage to be had in this race, as we were moving from the start.

So, take your numbers and shove 'em...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I ran a 350z from ~ a 15mph roll (we both took off out of an EZ Pass toll plaza) and went up to ~125 (it was 3am and we were the only ones on the road). When we shut down at 125, I had about 2 cars on him. I know he at least had an upgraded exhaust, and maybe something else, but I couldn't really tell. I put most of the 2 cars on him in 2nd gear and a bit in 3rd, and after that, it was dead even. Even after 110, he wasn't pulling at all. There was no AWD drive advantage to be had in this race, as we were moving from the start.

So, take your numbers and shove 'em...
    nice!!

I am not surprised

where did you dyno!? your hp/tq ratings seem very low for your mods...
    Last edited by ElectronBlueSi; 08-12-2003 at 03:30 PM.

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

I Support ClubWRX
    When I dynoed Ididn't have a full turboback, just the dp and up. I actually looked at your numbers and thought "wow, those numbers are pretty high for those mods!" (oh yea.... I had a small boost leak too)
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

ive beaten several 350z's and g35's even when i was running a stock intercooler and stage 2 setup..with the new turbo and stage 4 and intercooler it would be a romp..350z's are fast, but the punks driving them seem to think they're in 360's and not 350's..they need to come back down to earth....

s2000's are definitely slower than the 350's...

Originally posted by STLWRX69
    ...the punks driving them seem to think they're in 360's and not 350's......
    bwhahahahahahah!!!!!!!

I am not trying to put them down. They are beautiful cars on the road, and are pretty fast too.... I guess that saying applies.... there is always someone faster......
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.