WRX vs. 350z - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by wrx2ner1 i was talking to my mechanic and the joe p doesnt seem to be in my ...

Originally posted by wrx2ner1
    i was talking to my mechanic and the joe p doesnt seem to be in my future anymore. seems like it could do more damage then good. so will i be able to beat him if i just add the uppipe???i'm planning to get a unichip within the next few weeks. so i'm not sure if i'm gonna even need it

Why are you so afraid to run a boost controller. I ran one for 2 years without any problems. I know of dozens of WRX owners running boost controllers for 25,000 miles + without any problems.

If you want to run fast your going to have to up the boost. I wouldn't hesitate to put a boost controller on my WRX . It was the very first mod I put on my WRX. Set it at about 16psi and you will easily beat that 350z the next time you race.

The best part is you can easily remove the boost controller in about 15 minutes. (if you need to put your car in the shop).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    350z's run mid-high 13's with a good driver. But winning can come down to the drivers. Like that video above, the 350z didn't get a good launch, thus the high 14 sec time.
    If 350Z's run mid to high 13s with compentent drivers, then how are stock WRX's hanging with them? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a stock WRX is a mid to low 14 second car. Seems to me that every edge goes to the 350Z assuming you have 2 equal drivers.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

mid to high 13s out of stock 350z? are you crazy? highest I've seen is 13.9 with drag radial and some weight reduction. Compare trap speed guys. There is no way stock WRX can hang with stock 350Z. Z has around 4-5mph higher trap speed than WRX. TXS stage 2 should be pretty close match to stock Z. Stage 2 WRX traps around 100-101mph if driven well.

Comparing 1/4 time alone to determine car's top-end power is so dumb IMO....

A good driver in a 350Z will beat an average driver in a (stock) WRX. I owned both cars for a while, the Z is pretty quick once it gets rolling.

Get some mods!!!

-Jim

Originally posted by WRXreX
    mid to high 13s out of stock 350z? are you crazy?
    Ahh my bad, I could've sworn I read high 13's from a magazine somewhere. I guess I was wrong. And sorry for magazine racing

no ur right they can do high 13s. ive seen a stock 350 do 13.8 at the track.

do u guys think i will be able to take him with just adding an uppipe???

uppipe will only speed up your spool up time... You NEED to increase your boost if you want to play with 350Z's there are no 2 ways about it!

Uppipe, turboback, K&N filter, mbc, ecutek/unichip/utec, etc is the recipe for taking on a 350Z from a roll..... If you are on a budget, you can pick up a used unichip for cheap.... less than 300 bux. mbc you can make or buy for less than 50 bux. You will need a boost guage though if you get an mbc, so that you can see what the boost level is set at...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    uppipe will only speed up your spool up time... You NEED to increase your boost if you want to play with 350Z's there are no 2 ways about it!

Uppipe, turboback, K&N filter, mbc, ecutek/unichip/utec, etc is the recipe for taking on a 350Z from a roll..... If you are on a budget, you can pick up a used unichip for cheap.... less than 300 bux. mbc you can make or buy for less than 50 bux. You will need a boost guage though if you get an mbc, so that you can see what the boost level is set at...

From a roll perhaps, but i will reiterate, i beat my friends Z from a dig when i was STOCK. He is a good driver, but if you get a launch, you can take them.

yeah with a good launch u can take one. My brother beat one guy in a 350Z last month in a street race. My brother has a 93 BMW 325i that runs high 15's. to low 16's. He got a ticket for it. They both did actually. . I raced my friend's 350Z from 90-120 on the highway and took him for a good 2 cars. I even let him take off first. and I caught him and passed him.
    http://images.cardomain.com/installs.../159812_19.jpg02 Plat Sil WRX Sdn,5 spd 13.38@101mph at 4400ft.
    17" Velox VX6r's w/Falken ZE512 and stockers, IHI VF30,TXS Uppipe,3in Custom dpipe & xaust w/HKS Muffler,Injen CAI. TXS 2 Stage BC, HKS Fuel Cut Def,CF Hood, Frnt strut bar.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Why are you so afraid to run a boost controller. I ran one for 2 years without any problems. I know of dozens of WRX owners running boost controllers for 25,000 miles + without any problems.
    I've been running a ball and spring type MBC (like the Joe P) since my car had 3,000 miles on it. My car now has 36,000 miles on it. The engine pulls strongly enough that I'm wearing out my second gearset and I'm giving some serious thought to a dogbox. I don't think you'll have any problem running a Joe P, it's an excellent boost controller.

-Jim

Is joe p a type of boost controller or is it a brand?

am i in the ball park on that one?
    04' JBP WRX Sedan

a 350 z is not a mid or high 13 sec car.... very similar to an s2000, an occassional freak NON repeatable high 13 sec can happen though....

from a roll you better have more than turboback....boost is neccesary....a stage 2 should be sufficent to pull away....a boost controller, turboback would make it close though....
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    a 350 z is not a mid or high 13 sec car.... very similar to an s2000, an occassional freak NON repeatable high 13 sec can happen though....

from a roll you better have more than turboback....boost is neccesary....a stage 2 should be sufficent to pull away....a boost controller, turboback would make it close though....
    You can take one from a roll from up to like 100mph without boost control, i would wager on it.

Originally posted by Shard
    You can take one from a roll from up to like 100mph without boost control, i would wager on it.
    who me or him?

i could take one easily....but we are not talking about me!
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    who me or him?

i could take one easily....but we are not talking about me!
    It was the vague pronoun, i meant anyone in a WRX.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast