Funniest ever!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Funniest ever!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night on the way home at about 3am I pulled up next to a mustang lx 5.0 and wanted ...

Funniest ever!!!

Last night on the way home at about 3am I pulled up next to a mustang lx 5.0 and wanted to race. I came along side him and revved up a few times so he can hear my bov, and after I did that he just slowed down and let me pass him. All of us in the car were laughing. The guy wasn't white trash and his car looked nice for being so old but I could not believe that happened. Did he hear the bov and think "i cant take a turbo" I would like to think of it as a good car bowing down to a better car. One more race a minute later was a newer neon that thought he was bad a$$. Needless to say I destroyed him three times over. He kept coming back for more. It was quite fun last night.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's always fun running those cars who truely bleieve they can beat you, but as for the mustant he might just not be in the mood to race or maybe he had a passenger in his car. Anyways have fun and be careful, it sounds ilke you're just terrorising the street ruthlessly. If the drivers are cool try not to be an ass
    Tim
    Admin

I was coming back from clubbing so I was in the mood to go fast and I think the bov is cool because it somewhat intimidates some people cuz they know you have a turbo. I am not going to be an ass to people because I hate when people act like that to me. Most of the people I have raced are pretty cool. I just wanted to have a little fun last night, thats all.

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha don't worry about it don't take it the wrong way I know you're not an ass Sorry if the tone of what I wrote earlier sounds somewhat offensive but u know what I mean, I was actaully being an ass to some Accord the other night beucase he was asking for it but it's all good, as long as your'e having fun without irritating other people its okay and I know the feeling of having a fast car while driving home from clubbing, I got a fatty ticket for going over 25 mph over speed limit on my birthday last year comming back from a club.
    Tim
    Admin

All of these kinds of racing storys... are why i cant afford insurance on THIS type of car... and some even lead to accidents causing me NEVER to be able to afford insurance on this car

Have you ever tried getting insurance on a camaro ss? Try that for ridiculous rates. The more hp a car has the more it will cost for young drivers like most of us. The price of the car and the hp is what insurance companies mainly look at for younger drivers

horsepower has little to do with insurance now a days. They classify cars into certain groups. Is it a convertible, 2 seater, foreign or domestic, what's the possibility of getting ripped off, what is your credit like,etc. My 2001 Z71 Chevrolet Quad cab 4x4 cost less to insure than this WRX yet cost 10k more and had more hp. Insurance companies are confusing.
    2002 WRX Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    www.sanzones.com
    K&N Filter
    Short Shifter
    Ti knob
    More to come soon

Originally posted by masanz1
    horsepower has little to do with insurance now a days. They classify cars into certain groups. Is it a convertible, 2 seater, foreign or domestic, what's the possibility of getting ripped off, what is your credit like,etc. My 2001 Z71 Chevrolet Quad cab 4x4 cost less to insure than this WRX yet cost 10k more and had more hp. Insurance companies are confusing.

Actually, HP has alot to do with ins. today. The main ingredient of a high ins. rate is: 'HP per Litre' and our cars are one of the worst kind in that category (insurance wise, not carwise).
    '02 Platinum Silver WRX
    turbo guage
    silencer mod
    KN replacement filter

first of all, i doubt the neon thought he could beat the wrx. i mean, in those cases people know they will get beat, but why not race? you guys are tellin me if a Z06 or a viper GTS pulled up to you at a stop light, you wouldn't try to race it? you know your gonna get your ass kicked, but im pretty sure most of us would go for it just for fun.
    ONE MORE YEAR AND A 3.5 in college a SCOOBY IS MINE!

You got it. To race a Z06, Visper, NSX etc and lose is nothing to be ashame of. To see how fast they can go worth the race alone.

I once got blown away by a Modena, and I gave him a thumb up. That thing is fast and cost 120K.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by WRXrumble
    I once got blown away by a Modena, and I gave him a thumb up. That thing is fast and cost 120K.
    Uh, 360 Modena more like $250,000

See worth every penny. Since those guys usually don't just race anybody hehe

btw it wasn't my silver wrx that got blown away, still breaking it in only 58 miles on the car.

Maybe this guy just doesn't street race because it might kill people?
    I think most of the corvette drivers will laugh at the fact that we try to race them. It is probably the same as the riced out civic drivers trying to race us.. lol.

Because street racing is so dangerous and illegal, I try to choose the races that I am going to win. Yeah it would be fun to try a viper but there is nothing to gain. Maybe if I had a bigger turbo and other parts then I would try a viper. But until I drive a car that can hang with the supercars, I will just admire them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast