Acura CL-S on the highway - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Acura CL-S on the highway within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by KanosWRX I had two runs from a light with a friend in his 2003 Accord, 260 hp ...

Originally posted by KanosWRX
    I had two runs from a light with a friend in his 2003 Accord, 260 hp 5 speed AT. I got two bad launches, but even still with my prodrive stage 2 I could only get his front bumper to my rear bumper (I guess thats one car length) up to a little over 60 mph. Cars are just getting quicker and quicker these days. And if you don't get a good launch, well, it doesn't make the car look good, but atleast I still won. I did have a small race from a roll, I was slowly walking away from him, the prodrive stage 2 really helps with that midrange power and 3rd and 4th feel much stronger. But from the line the stage 2 helps me get about 1 car length ahead.
    I had the same experience a few weeks ago, I wrote it up on here. V6 accord from about 30ish to 70. Was basically a tie. I was surprised that they were that quick, I know they have a decent bit of HP
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have an '03 5AT Accord, my friend wrxg0blin, has...his WRX. After my first oil change, we're gonna find an away-from-civilization spot to race. By the way, the 5AT Accord has 240hp, and 212ft-lb of torque.

That reminds me, I need to change my oil too.
    -1986 RX-7 GXL
    -2002 Blue WRX Wagon (given up)
    -2001 Prelude, (sold)
    -1989 Accord, (sold)
    -1984 Dodge RamCharger (Sold)

Originally posted by AREITU
    I have an '03 5AT Accord, my friend wrxg0blin, has...his WRX. After my first oil change, we're gonna find an away-from-civilization spot to race. By the way, the 5AT Accord has 240hp, and 212ft-lb of torque.
    240, well, still lots of hp. a few years ago I wanted a honda accord, I wouldn't mind having the 2003 V6 6MT coupe though, that is one nice car, but I can't give up my AWD. Im just happy I can atleast stay in front of them now, thanks to the prodrive stage 2 but you still gotta watch out.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by AREITU
    ur gearing is gonna hurt you hence u will lose to the WRX.

i do like the new look of the 03 accord. i wouldnt mind the V6 6MT at all. of course im a honda lover from way back.
    heck, i wouldnt mind the new element.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

Quick question. Sorta off the topic...

What is the performance difference between the TL-S and the CL-S.

I myself like the TL-S more but if the CL-S has the edge, I might reconsider which one I'd like better

The TL-S and CL-S used to be the basically the same thing in terms of performance. The current CL-S is available with a helical LSD and a very slick six-speed (Shifted one before!). The 2003 TL-S is available only with a 5AT sport-shift. I've driven one and it's smooth, the engine is seamless and makes great sounds.

But the 2004 TL is two worlds, and half a light year better than the current one. The following two links are photos that were submitted to TEmple of VTEC.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=120262
    http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=121331

I wish the rear wheels moved instead of the front.

Thanks for the info areitu! It was very informative. The new body style is awesome, and thats saying a lot cuz i really like the current body style!

But redline at 6.9 K?.......

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    But redline at 6.9 K?.......
    Whatís wrong with 6.9k? Ours claps at 7k. I assume itís because they want to keep that feeling of "w00t Iím going past the safety range to get more power out of my car" feeling. Or, they are being conservative about their engine limits. Who knows........
    -1986 RX-7 GXL
    -2002 Blue WRX Wagon (given up)
    -2001 Prelude, (sold)
    -1989 Accord, (sold)
    -1984 Dodge RamCharger (Sold)

I'm just not used to seeing Hondas and Acuras having redline at 6.9 k....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.