wrx vs. 1969 camaro SS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wrx vs. 1969 camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Lol, the more than "Because I said so" would be the fact I am a Camaro owner, and am a ...

Lol, the more than "Because I said so" would be the fact I am a Camaro owner, and am a member of at least 4 Camaro clubs, not including the 3 Muscle car clubs I am a member in locally. The guys with 69s assured me they are pulling better times than 6.8 and BTW that car on that site is a covertable which is slower than the hard tops as well. But this guy just said it wasn't a stock 'maro So now I am almost sure something went wrong. I am not sure how you could tell. Muscle cars arent like imports, you cant tell they are modded most of the time unless you look under the hood, they are all naturally "loud" This is just another case of "The WRX SHOULDN'T have won but DID" Lol, that is good enough for me, it happens, and like I said a thousand times, nice kill. His story is what makes it hard to choke down for me. First he has a bad start... then he catches him, and was about to pass him, at 80mph? Then we find out it is a modded 69 camaro? If you didn't get him on the launch, I wouldn't suspect you to catch him til end of second gear which is the slowest transaction point in the camaro trannys. Then after that in 3rd is when the REAL power of the camaro should have kicked in due to the high end aspects. So you CATCHING him rather than slowly walking him is what makes it hard to believe. And at 80mph he was in the middle of 3rd, so he had a full half gear plus 4th to keep gaining, and gearing runs higher since there usually isnt much tire spinning left. So he would have started going even faster. So again: Oh well, thumbs up anyways.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by C9A1L1L
    Lol, the more than "Because I said so" would be the fact I am a Camaro owner, and am a member of at least 4 Camaro clubs, not including the 3 Muscle car clubs I am a member in locally. The guys with 69s assured me they are pulling better times than 6.8 and BTW that car on that site is a covertable which is slower than the hard tops as well.
    Now see, that was much better than "Because I said so." A simple explanation of where you were making your statements from was all I was asking for. You provided it. Thank you.

Just out of curiosity, what are the guys with 69's claiming as 0-60 times?

For fully stock engines they were saying around mid to high 5s, still not that great, but those are on orginal tires as well (bad compound) There are only 3 guys with full stock/orginal First gens. the rest are modded in some way, as this guy stated the camaro he raced was modded so that is where my puzzling comes into play lol.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12