WRX vs Modified 99 Camaro SS - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs Modified 99 Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good RUn, you trap at 108 MPH which is fast, but you may need a little more juice to get ...

Good RUn, you trap at 108 MPH which is fast, but you may need a little more juice to get it into the 11's.

What is your WHP? What clutch? Did you use race gas on this run? IF you can get your traps above 110 you should have it in the bag, 1.7 60 foot is good.

Don't race that SS from a roll, he'll eat you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off, he WAS on DR's, right? All I'm sayin is on DRs, the guy should be pullin atleast 1.8s-1.9s if not better.
    Yes he was on drag radials. He was going to run me with his road race tires but he couldnt get them to hook up earlier in the night so we found someone to lend them to him. You are correct though, he should cut 1.8-1.9's with them because on his best run of the night he cut a 1.9227 and ran a 12.5889..... which is still slower than my time on that run.

Good RUn, you trap at 108 MPH which is fast, but you may need a little more juice to get it into the 11's.
    Yeah man, I know. The car was bucking in fourth which leads me to think that it might be a fuel issue like 02_Scooby_WRX said. It was like it was hitting fuel cut or the rev limiter all the way through 4th (I have to shift to 4th at 95mph or so.) That was definately holding me back. On the way home if I did any WOT in 4th or 5th it would do the same thing.

What is your WHP? What clutch? Did you use race gas on this run? IF you
    353whp on a dynapack dyno. I know I wasnt pushing that much that night though. I use an ACT street disc with an unorthodox flywheel. This was run on 112 octane (110 motor)
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    In fact, I know with a new set of plugs and better weather (my boost was only hitting 22psi as opossed to 25psi) I would have run low 12's myself.
    Right there alone you're down about 21hp!

1psi = ~7hp
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

"I find it funny how all my domestic friends thought that he should have walked me..... but he didnt. On my other run (a 12.5@109) I also beat a car "I shouldnt have.'"

Well I agree with those friends and the others who have been posting so far about it (for the most part) No its not wether or not "you beat him" cause ya obviously did, and it isnt about wether or not "you should have beaten him" cause you have realized you shouldn't have. My question is "what the in the hell happened..." IF you had mentioned about HALF of those mods he would have been in the mid 12s range, but those mods should have him nearly flirtin with 11s... another issue of "Better driven WRX vs Poorly or Not-so-well driven Camaro SS" But thubs up to ya! You still have a hot car no doubt looking at those times, and you proably have a little more punch in it especially running at 25 full psi.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

Thumbs up

Good thread guys...interesting discussion with great input from varied drivers...something you just don't see on other boards.

T.

Silverscooby: Did you find out what your misfire problem was about? Let me know I am curious as to what you have found or if you have not figured it out let me know and I will do what I can to help you sort out the problem. Just shoot me an e-mail with the details and we can go from there, I am sure if you havent already that I can help you get your car running like it should again.

-Matt
    scoobwrx@bellsouth.net

what the..? I wont even get started on this topic... but great kill man, nice reppin for the Rex.. and for the rest of ya.. a race is a race.. the first one across the line wins.. and guess what? the Camaro with all of its WRX killing power wasnt it, whether it should have won, could have won, or didnt stand a chance in hell.. it lost, plain and simple.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by drizze99
    Right there alone you're down about 21hp!

1psi = ~7hp

no offense dude but 1 psi doesnt always equal 7hp it would basically be different on every car

on my turbo stock the rule of thumb is 1psi=10hp

not tryin to be picky just trying to explain so noobs or misinformed people dont get the wrong idea
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Originally posted by STIwish
    what the..? I wont even get started on this topic... but great kill man, nice reppin for the Rex.. and for the rest of ya.. a race is a race.. the first one across the line wins.. and guess what? the Camaro with all of its WRX killing power wasnt it, whether it should have won, could have won, or didnt stand a chance in hell.. it lost, plain and simple.

calm down man I dont think anyone is arguing over the fact of who won
    they are telling you who should of won

what if a lamborghini lost in a race to a stock honda civic
    does that mean the civic is a faster car or the lamborghini is slower? no its driver error

based on the time slips the WRX was quicker, still wasnt faster, however with equal traction(which can not be controlled) the camaro would be quicker and faster why? look at the traps and look at the difference of 60's

Originally posted by Cleaner13
    no offense dude but 1 psi doesnt always equal 7hp it would basically be different on every car

on my turbo stock the rule of thumb is 1psi=10hp

not tryin to be picky just trying to explain so noobs or misinformed people dont get the wrong idea
    Yea, I hear ya! I should have been a little clearer!!

DON'T MESS WITH ME MAN, OR ELSE ***** I'LL ARGUE WITH YOU ON THE INTERNET, WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by TSi AWD
    DON'T MESS WITH ME MAN, OR ELSE ***** I'LL ARGUE WITH YOU ON THE INTERNET, WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WTF???

drizze99

hey since I got your attention whats that monster run?

later dude

I don't know, but I'm going to the track tomorrow night!!

[i]DON'T MESS WITH ME MAN, OR ELSE ***** I'LL ARGUE WITH YOU ON THE INTERNET, WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/B]

Originally posted by drizze99
    WTF???
    I think he was being sarcastic, atleast I hope he was.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.