Street Racers....BUSTED!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racers....BUSTED!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The article was in the Miami Herald...

Street Racers....BUSTED!!

The article was in the Miami Herald

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ouch, that sucks. That isn't you drizze is it?

Unhappy cops & racers.....

well that just sucks.. well need less to say the local PD has started trying to bust street racers, they roll up wait for your to rev and as soon as you get on it out comes the lights... i still have not seen one yet, this just a word from a local friend who did see one in a civic bust another honda.. guess i will have to give them a head start
    it's stock really....

i was about to go out to us27 (where the races took place) that one night that the bust occured but saw 3 undercover cop cars parked at the hess gas station that everyone always meets up at before the races with about 7 undercover cops casualy standing around the cars talking into their walky talkies, describing cars that passed by looking suspicious. so i pretty much knew it was going to get raided and decided not to go. as much as i would like to say racing should remain at the track, not everyone is willing to travel 2 hours to get to the nearest local track just to get 2 runs in. just my .02.

-Brian

now that sucks ..... is that a gun in the cops hand?

So how do these people who made 2F2F and the first one sleep at night, having influenced (very stupid) people to street race, and hence die?

''When you mix inexperience with a powerful 2,000-pound piece of metal, it's a dangerous situation,'' said Hugh Graf, a BSO spokesman.
    I wish i had a 2000 pound car.
    Last edited by Shard; 08-02-2003 at 01:46 PM.

Someone needs to do an 'OWN3ED' picture of that SRT-4!!!!!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by Shard
    Ouch, that sucks. That isn't you drizze is it?
    Hell no, Shard!!

Yea, I have heard plenty of stories about undercover pigs revvin on guys and then bust them for street racing!! My question to that is, how does it stand up in court? (if the cop revs first) Isn't that provoking a situation?

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Street Racers....BUSTED!!

This is a good policy. I'd encourage everyone to vote for any official, from local law enforcement to local judiciary, that'd support a street racer cleanup.

Plenty of tracks and sanctioned events exist, and everyone spectating there has gone there for just that purpose; one injured pedestrian or innocent bystander is one too many on the street. Senseless.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Someone needs to do an 'OWN3ED' picture of that SRT-4!!!!!
    Here you go:

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Shard
    So how do these people who made 2F2F and the first one sleep at night, having influenced (very stupid) people to street race, and hence die?
    I think their wealth helps a great deal with sleep problems, sad to say.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

whats up with arresting spectators for 'illegal assembly?'

I Support ClubWRX
    That one's more ACLU territory, but in the US many areas have anti-annoying-people statutes, of debatable legality (but that's neither here nor there...), designed to allow "undesirables" to be rounded up in a God-Bless-America manner and carted off to someplace with cheaper real estate where they won't ruin the neighbourhood etc. It could be a "you must carry $1" or "your bike must be registered" or something else silly. Happens a lot. Very old school, as the young people would say; quite Nixon.

Re: Re: Street Racers....BUSTED!!

Originally posted by SD_GR
    This is a good policy. I'd encourage everyone to vote for any official, from local law enforcement to local judiciary, that'd support a street racer cleanup.

Plenty of tracks and sanctioned events exist, and everyone spectating there has gone there for just that purpose; one injured pedestrian or innocent bystander is one too many on the street. Senseless.

Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

I would never support any law that provokes people to do illegal things and then arrests them. The way I see it they are just as wrong as the person they are trying to in-trap. Cops need to find something better to do with their time. Sure street racing is bad and I really don't like drag races, kinda pointless to go fast in a straight line, but I think all of us have had a little fun with another car on the street every once in awhile.
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 08-02-2003 at 05:27 PM.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast