Street Racers....BUSTED!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Street Racers....BUSTED!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by DTR maxima i wasnt going to say anything, but i can no longer contain myself. i admit, ...

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    i wasnt going to say anything, but i can no longer contain myself. i admit, i do street race on occasion. but its at an abandoned air port strip, with nothing but road and field. im not going to get into the argument of when street racing should be allowed and what not, but some of the ignorant statements here got me thinking.

droogie: i agree with almost every you say. cops need to get off the ass' and do something. busting street racers is EASY! so by making this "big" bust, they all look good, like they did something great for the community, when infact it was like shooting a sitting duck, theres a lot more that should be worried about by our "protectors of the community! even though, while they were busting these kids 4 or more drunk drivers prolly dove by, with a 150% more chance of causing an accident.

and just like drugs, u cant stop street racing either, while these people were being busted, i bet at a street light 1 mile away a race was going on.

im not saying street racing is good, but like droogie said, its about number 3902784023840823082340 on the scale of bad sh!t america needs to take care of.

and as far as street racing killing so many people. in the last 3 years 9 people have died due to street racing. EVERY 14MIN SOMEONE DIES OF CIG. SMOKING. and every day some dies of second had smoke!!

o yeah! for anyone who disagrees with me, feel free to check out how many people die of drunk driving related accidents each year, and than compare the statistics to street racing related deaths.

im so sick of people worring about the miniscule things while so much more is totally *****d up with our american socieity.

**this is not directed to anyone personally, but i just had to vent my opinion.**

Very Well Stated.

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are many, MANY things that the police deal with. Do you think just cause they try to stop street racing that they just ignore all other crimes? When you make the argument that the cops need to stop harrassing racers, or a statement like that, it kinda makes you look guilty. I am not here to condone street racing, nor am I here to do the opposite. Whichever side you agree with is fine. What I don't like is the general statement that people make that the cops need to get off their ass and do something about "real" crimes. I don't know any police officers, but I do know they have a stressful job and they do put their lives on the line everytime they put on a uniform. Why? Simply because people see them as the enemy. While the cops were busting those racers, there were other cops a mile down the road to pull over those people racing at that stoplight you meantioned DTR Maxima. Please, give them a break.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    There are many, MANY things that the police deal with. Do you think just cause they try to stop street racing that they just ignore all other crimes? When you make the argument that the cops need to stop harrassing racers, or a statement like that, it kinda makes you look guilty. I am not here to condone street racing, nor am I here to do the opposite. Whichever side you agree with is fine. What I don't like is the general statement that people make that the cops need to get off their ass and do something about "real" crimes. I don't know any police officers, but I do know they have a stressful job and they do put their lives on the line everytime they put on a uniform. Why? Simply because people see them as the enemy. While the cops were busting those racers, there were other cops a mile down the road to pull over those people racing at that stoplight you meantioned DTR Maxima. Please, give them a break.
    i am sorry if you took offense to my statement. my intention was not to say that all cops are lazy and dont do anything. but like me and droogie were saying.... there are a million things going on in this country that should be delt with before a street racing bust, and I PERSONALLY believe that there are many more things that need more attention. i am not trying to defend street racing, it is illegal, but i still do it. that doesnt change the fact thats its illegal though.

its like spending all this time and money and law enforcement men to bust up a huge shipment of weed. yet 10 docks down a shipment of heroin is comming in, and they are not there to stop it. but if they wernt so stuck up on busting this weed thing, they would stop the heroin deal.

maybe not the best analogy, but drunk driving makes me sick to my stomach, just to think of the people that die, because some ass*ole thought he was "ok" to drive. and i think they should crack down on things like that more than street racing. for me it just seems like there priorites are messed up, and making much to big a deal out of street racing, its just one big ploy so the community thinks the cops are doing a lot more., its kinda like propoganda u know?

and as for the statement about kids drag racing a mile down the road.... that was to just demonstrate how much like you said "drugs cant be stoped from coming in" well you cant stop street racing from happening either.

and another thing, street racing has nothing to do with 2fast 2furioius. as a matter of fact, most street racers i know, hate the movie due to inacurracy. im getting real tired of people blaming the media for this stuff. heres the way i see it.

a kid watches a movie about killing, so then he gets into an argument and kill some kid for no good reason. this cant be blamed on the movie. to do something like that you need a *****ed up mind set to begin with. the movie doesnt make u do that stuff, and if the movie does drive you to do something stupid, than were never right in the head to begin with.

*sorry for the all the spelling errors, i am typing to fast for my own good*

Re: Re: Street Racers....BUSTED!!

Originally posted by SD_GR
    This is a good policy. I'd encourage everyone to vote for any official, from local law enforcement to local judiciary, that'd support a street racer cleanup.

Plenty of tracks and sanctioned events exist, and everyone spectating there has gone there for just that purpose; one injured pedestrian or innocent bystander is one too many on the street. Senseless.
    I think you are quite wrong. Laws are laws and must be obeyed to keep order. The only problem is these laws are enforeced by police officers who dont always know exactly whats best, or even whats going on. If you have an official talking about busting street racing left and right you going to end up like me and get a ticket for "drag racing" the next time you accellerate quickly from a light on the way to get dinner.
    I created my avatar.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Re: Street Racers....BUSTED!!

Originally posted by CKxx
    I think you are quite wrong. Laws are laws and must be obeyed to keep order. The only problem is these laws are enforeced by police officers who dont always know exactly whats best, or even whats going on. If you have an official talking about busting street racing left and right you going to end up like me and get a ticket for "drag racing" the next time you accellerate quickly from a light on the way to get dinner.
    This is true... with or without legislation against street racing...you are always at the mercy of a police officer's "better judgement." And it will be your word against theirs in court.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345