Street Racers....BUSTED!! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racers....BUSTED!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by droogie Although not related to this forum, this statement bothered me. Saying that drugs will come in ...

Originally posted by droogie
    Although not related to this forum, this statement bothered me. Saying that drugs will come in no matter what is a defeatist attitude.
    Another thing, busting the bystanders is dumb. If I am on a corner and the guy next to me sells drugs to a undercover officer do i get arrested? I know people will say that the spectators were there specificaly to see the races therefore they are accomplices, but that is just plain wrong. When I see a street race, I usually stop and watch.
    Sorry the statement bothered you. I still think it is an accurate statement however. No matter what the police do, the drugs are still gonna find their way in. The police cannot put all of their resources into stopping the drugs. There are many aspects to their jobs. Keeping the public safe is one of them. Whether it be arresting drug dealers OR street racers. Both are dangerous. The drugs however will harm those taking it while the street racing may harm innocent people who were not partaking in the activity. So I say the statement was accurate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    The drugs however will harm those taking it while the street racing may harm innocent people who were not partaking in the activity. So I say the statement was accurate.
    Bingo. I'd much rather everyone stay home, watch Cheech & Chong, and smoke the ganja till the whole country is covered in thick black clouds. Just stay away from cars while doing this, and for the next week or so...

Drug dealers et al. are not the greatest crowd, and drugs do harm many, many people, but a reclusive stoner is far less dangerous in my view than a street racer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

MAN, I used to race on that same exact road. If you know florida, it is about as Hilly as a pool Table. This road is three lanes each directrion, some parts with no street lights, some with, and you can see from horizon to horizon. And there is NOTHING on this road, just trees and the ocational turn off, like this for miles.

I got out just in time, I fuc-king hate these cops

Streetracing has been an American past time for well over 40 years. I race on the roads my dad raced on and am there for races that are for 5k+... It is these kids now that go out with there 16 second cars that mommy and daddy bought them and there wings (and just morons in general, not just ricers) that have ruined and drawn so much attention to this american past-time. We always make sure we are at a location where noones son or daughter is at risk driving home from somewhere. Its ashame that things like this have ruined a true american pasttime.

Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

The drugs however will harm those taking it while the street racing may harm innocent people who were not partaking in the activity
    This statement is totally incorrect. There are much more people dying of drug related crimes than people dying because of street racing. You say that drugs only harm those taking them. Well, tell that to the clerks families who were killed because some crack addict needed money to support their habbit. Tell that to the children's familes who had thier loved ones gunned down in a drug related drive by. The list goes on.
    Street racing is a very small problem when compared to the drug problem.
    One more point, the article lists a few people who have been struck by tragedy because of street racing, if there where statistics that made you realize how large a problem it is, don't you think they would have listed them.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

This statement is totally incorrect. There are much more people dying of drug related crimes than people dying because of street racing. You say that drugs only harm those taking them. Well, tell that to the clerks families who were killed because some crack addict needed money to support their habbit. Tell that to the children's familes who had thier loved ones gunned down in a drug related drive by. The list goes on.
    Street racing is a very small problem when compared to the drug problem.
    One more point, the article lists a few people who have been struck by tragedy because of street racing, if there where statistics that made you realize how large a problem it is, don't you think they would have listed them.
    You're right. Street racing is perfectly legal and harms no one. Therefore I retract all my statements and announce that street racing should now be made legal. Happy?

You're right. Street racing is perfectly legal and harms no one. Therefore I retract all my statements and announce that street racing should now be made legal. Happy?
    I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just debating. I know we are both entitled to our opinions. I don't think street racing should, or is illegal, I am just passionate about the drug problems our country is having.
    I think the racers involved should be arrested and thier licenses suspended.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just debating. I know we are both entitled to our opinions. I don't think street racing should, or is illegal, I am just passionate about the drug problems our country is having.
    I think the racers involved should be arrested and thier licenses suspended.
    I am not trying to start an argument either, but you told me my opinions were incorrect. Don't really know how you want me to take that. I know there is a drug problem. My brother single handily kept all the pot dealers in business within a 50 mile radius for the last 10 years. And that isn't the hard drugs. However, drugs and street racing are two entirely different entities and should not be mixed together. Both need attention and both are dangerous. For people to say that cops need to find better things to do is unfair. They are doing their job trying to keep the public safe. If you are upset that they are cracking down on what you love to do, that is unfortunate. Might be time to find another hobby. I am not directing this statements at you droogie, just making general statements.

I would say that I agree with you this time.
    '04 WRB premium package.

I would say that I agree with you this time.
    WAHOO

My view is that the police departments are trying to 1) save lives 2) enforce the law when the 'criminals' are blatently and publicly not following the law 3) protect the innocent (see number one) 4) serve the public (most parents either have no idea these things are happening or feel they can't control their children) and 5) instill respect and discipline into the youth of our country, in hopes to prevent future misbehavior and crimal acts.

Right or wrong they are peforming their jobs as public servants. Traffic control is traffic control, I'd rather my tax dollars be spent on things like this than police patrolling streets in S.W.A.T. gear during 'special interest' events.

How are any of those five points served by arresting onlookers or harassing kids who just get together to show off their ride? Ticket speeders and arrest reckless drivers, but anything more is overstepping their bounds and serves nothing.

While they were arresting them, about 3 people got killed, 2 fires started, 10 muggings, 3 rapings, domestic violence etc.

Allow myself to introduce myself

I am not trying to start an argument either, but you told me my opinions were incorrect. Don't really know how you want me to take that. I know there is a drug problem. My brother single handily kept all the pot dealers in business within a 50 mile radius for the last 10 years. And that isn't the hard drugs. However, drugs and street racing are two entirely different entities and should not be mixed together. Both need attention and both are dangerous. For people to say that cops need to find better things to do is unfair. They are doing their job trying to keep the public safe. If you are upset that they are cracking down on what you love to do, that is unfortunate. Might be time to find another hobby. I am not directing this statements at you droogie, just making general statements.
    You made me think of something interesting here. I know you all know this of course...

Drugs rarely, if ever, have been associated with the street racing scene. Most of the 'kids' that cause these accidents, as far as I know, do not test positive for drugs. So that's not the real issue here.

IMO (and this has been brought up before) the problem is twofold: one, there is no way in hell that a majority of 'kids' can handle the amount of power that these cars have (200+hp). A lot of adults cannot. So they go from not ever driving to having mom and dad buy them a 390hp Cobra or a 260hp Mustang, etc...how is a 'kid' supposed to handle this much power? IMO, you've gotta take it in steps. You can't just jump right in - not only because of lack of skill, but because of the sheer 'lack of respect' that these 'kids' have for this much power. And honestly, its not a conscious lack of respect - but how are you supposed to respect somethign that you know nothing about?

Two: you should be FORCED into taking a more intensive driver's ed course. I think driver's ed was a joke when I took it. I think they should teach you about car's and limitations, what to do in particular circumstances, teach you about understear and overstear, etc... so many accidents are due to nothing more than ignorance because people simply do not know what to do in certain situations. This would teach more people respect IMO.

I mean, how can these people be comfortable putting a kid into a car 4 or 5 times and then saying "Ok, you're ready to go now son." We're talking about a deadly machine for all intensive purposes. The requirements to operate heavy machinery are very intense because they can cut off a limb! What about something that can do far more damage? Inconsistent policies and laws IMO.

As far as the drugs go, this is something that I have a major problem with and this isn't directed at anyone in particular. I just think "drugs" is often misconstrued into "pot, LSD, etc.." and most people forget about the number one killer, alcohol. I don't know how many "kill stories" I've read that starts off like this: "I was out at the bar with my friends, but I only had a few drinks, don't worry..."

Alcohol is the biggest drug that kids abuse, by far and away. It causes the most accidents, most deaths, etc... But everyone excludes it from the general term "drugs" for some odd reason. Deal with alcohol, street deaths will go down - PERIOD.

Sorry that was so long
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

i wasnt going to say anything, but i can no longer contain myself. i admit, i do street race on occasion. but its at an abandoned air port strip, with nothing but road and field. im not going to get into the argument of when street racing should be allowed and what not, but some of the ignorant statements here got me thinking.

droogie: i agree with almost every you say. cops need to get off the ass' and do something. busting street racers is EASY! so by making this "big" bust, they all look good, like they did something great for the community, when infact it was like shooting a sitting duck, theres a lot more that should be worried about by our "protectors of the community! even though, while they were busting these kids 4 or more drunk drivers prolly dove by, with a 150% more chance of causing an accident.

and just like drugs, u cant stop street racing either, while these people were being busted, i bet at a street light 1 mile away a race was going on.

im not saying street racing is good, but like droogie said, its about number 3902784023840823082340 on the scale of bad sh!t america needs to take care of.

and as far as street racing killing so many people. in the last 3 years 9 people have died due to street racing. EVERY 14MIN SOMEONE DIES OF CIG. SMOKING. and every day some dies of second had smoke!!

o yeah! for anyone who disagrees with me, feel free to check out how many people die of drunk driving related accidents each year, and than compare the statistics to street racing related deaths.

im so sick of people worring about the miniscule things while so much more is totally *****d up with our american socieity.

**this is not directed to anyone personally, but i just had to vent my opinion.**
    Last edited by DTR rex; 08-20-2003 at 03:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.