Street Racers....BUSTED!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racers....BUSTED!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ya but that the bad thing now days everyone wants to sue some one. i under stand if your really ...

ya but that the bad thing now days everyone wants to sue some one. i under stand if your really hurt, but some people take advantage of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is so gay!

They use half of the freaking police force to catch some speeders when there are tons of drugs coming in through there.

ARE THE INSANE?!?

Police need to get their priorities straight.
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

Originally posted by jar_e_d sti
    This is so gay!

They use half of the freaking police force to catch some speeders when there are tons of drugs coming in through there.

ARE THE INSANE?!?

Police need to get their priorities straight.
    I think they do have their priorities straight. Drugs will come in no matter what, and they have people working on catching them. It doesn't mean they should ignore the other crimes taking place. Street racing is important to them. I used to drive in a manner that was unsafe. I didn't think it at the time. I was lucky. I never got into an accident, I never caused an accident, and I never hurt anyone. I consider myself very lucky, it could have been different. I think a crackdown on street racing is not a bad thing.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by CannonBaller
    Honestly, why would even read this forum?.
    That's a valid point.

Is it to spout a holier than thou attitude? Do you feel superior to the rest us now?
    There are specific reasons I feel the way I do and there are specific reasons I support measures against street racing, and they're not pleasant.

I am not disrespecting your opinion.
    Nor I yours, no worries and nothing personal.

But, complaining about street racing in “Kills Forum” like going into a strip club and complaining about nudity.
    Funny and also a valid point. In all honesty, the headline caught my eye. I do see your point about the nature of the forum (I'd support nudity over street racing any day, incidentally).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Crackdown on street racing (and people just watching it) is a nice way to put a "tough on crime" face on the police and the kids driving hold little if any political clout. Meanwhile, when people raise the issue of retesting the elderly after some guy plows over dozens of people, the AARP raises a stink about how that's somehow politically incorrect and insensitive to grandpa, his mid-stage Parkinson's, and his 20/600 vision.

Double standards abound.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Geez guys, lay off of SD_GR. He expressed his opinion. Don't knock him and say he has a holier than thou attitude, cause he doesn't seem to... Cut him some slack.
    Thanks.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    Crackdown on street racing (and people just watching it) is a nice way to put a "tough on crime" face on the police and the kids driving hold little if any political clout. Meanwhile, when people raise the issue of retesting the elderly after some guy plows over dozens of people, the AARP raises a stink about how that's somehow politically incorrect and insensitive to grandpa, his mid-stage Parkinson's, and his 20/600 vision.

Double standards abound.
    True. What happened recently in Santa Monica was horrible. It happens all the time.

It's sad that young people hold no political clout - the last time I went to vote, there were *very* few young people. Odd really. In my first post on this thread I mentioned voting - if people don't like the way officials are handling something, they ought to vote them out.

The AARP is an enormous lobby and is strong for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that it consists of people with a lifetime's worth of connections. How many AARP members are also veterans (for example) or belong to another organization, and how many know politicians, influential community members etc.? Which politician wants to be labelled as anti-AARP? Also, the elderly have decendents that are often left with "the bill" if an "anti-AARP" measure passes, and that amounts to even more votes at stake - if the elderly person cannot drive themselves around, someone else will etc. It's a mess.

One day, an elderly lady in a large Lexus swerved into the two parking spaces next to mine, stopping only after her left front wheel went up the sidewalk and into a flower bed. She got out and went into a Halmark store, either unaware of what she'd done or who she'd nearly missed (!) or not caring. I was amazed.

The one good thing is that we're all heading in their "direction" one day at a time... If you can't beat them, join them.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 08-02-2003 at 10:54 PM.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    [The stuff you said was long]
    Hey, i understand, and FWIW i like your car a lot. I don't think your a jerk or anything, i was just making a comment. Happy posting.

Here's a link to the TV news story about this, if you have Realplayer you can watch the video complete with footage from 2F2F. While I can see why the cops want to bust as many people as they can to discourage street racing, I have a hard time with them busting people just for being there, so much for the "land of the free". They probably wrote a bunch of tickets that will clog the courts if people fight them, although most will just pay the fine (my sister got a parking ticket once because she was in a no parking zone waiting for me to get there to help her change a flat tire, she took it to the judge who threw out the $25 fine, all she had to do was take a day off work, costing her over $100). I have to wonder if the cops had busted the races earlier, when the news crew was out doing their "expose" on street racing, would the TV crew have gotten cited?

Originally posted by Shard
    Hey, i understand, and FWIW i like your car a lot. I don't think your a jerk or anything, i was just making a comment. Happy posting.
    I didn't think it was THAT long . But thanks.

Originally posted by yosemitemtb
    Here's a link to the TV news story about this, if you have Realplayer you can watch the video complete with footage from 2F2F. While I can see why the cops want to bust as many people as they can to discourage street racing, I have a hard time with them busting people just for being there, so much for the "land of the free". They probably wrote a bunch of tickets that will clog the courts if people fight them, although most will just pay the fine (my sister got a parking ticket once because she was in a no parking zone waiting for me to get there to help her change a flat tire, she took it to the judge who threw out the $25 fine, all she had to do was take a day off work, costing her over $100). I have to wonder if the cops had busted the races earlier, when the news crew was out doing their "expose" on street racing, would the TV crew have gotten cited?
    The people that are just standing there should not be punished. I don't know if they are doing it to prove a point? Possibly. The people racing though, I have no problem with them being arrested. The ONLY real solution, to help alleviate the problem, IMHO, is to open up more tracks and have them have some sponsored events where the first XX amount of people can register for free. Would actually be great fun, free for those involved, and safe. Possible some performance parts manufacturers could run the event and setup booths in which they could take orders for parts. Maybe even have some of their professional engineers there to help "assist" with the ordering of proper parts. I would be game for something like that.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would be game for something like that.
    I think any of us would!!!! Free racing and professional parts advice! That would be great.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    I think any of us would!!!! Free racing and professional parts advice! That would be great.
    I think it would actually be money well spent for the people that would be sponsoring the events. You would get a collection of possibly hundreds of people who mod their cars with performance parts all in the same area. Would be very good for their business actually.

Originally posted by drizze99
    Hell no, Shard!!

Yea, I have heard plenty of stories about undercover pigs revvin on guys and then bust them for street racing!! My question to that is, how does it stand up in court? (if the cop revs first) Isn't that provoking a situation?
    Whew, I thought you were going to tell us that you got arrested.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

I think they do have their priorities straight. Drugs will come in no matter what, and they have people working on catching them
    Although not related to this forum, this statement bothered me. Saying that drugs will come in no matter what is a defeatist attitude.
    Another thing, busting the bystanders is dumb. If I am on a corner and the guy next to me sells drugs to a undercover officer do i get arrested? I know people will say that the spectators were there specificaly to see the races therefore they are accomplices, but that is just plain wrong. When I see a street race, I usually stop and watch.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast