Street Racers....BUSTED!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Street Racers....BUSTED!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by SD_GR This is a good policy. I'd encourage everyone to vote for any official, from local law ...

Re: Re: Street Racers....BUSTED!!

Originally posted by SD_GR
    This is a good policy. I'd encourage everyone to vote for any official, from local law enforcement to local judiciary, that'd support a street racer cleanup.

Plenty of tracks and sanctioned events exist, and everyone spectating there has gone there for just that purpose; one injured pedestrian or innocent bystander is one too many on the street. Senseless.
    Honestly, why would even read this forum? Is it to spout a holier than thou attitude? Do you feel superior to the rest us now?

I am not disrespecting your opinion. But, complaining about street racing in “Kills Forum” like going into a strip club and complaining about nudity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Street Racers....BUSTED!!

Originally posted by CannonBaller
    Honestly, why would even read this forum? Is it to spout a holier than thou attitude? Do you feel superior to the rest us now?

I am not disrespecting your opinion. But, complaining about street racing in “Kills Forum” like going into a strip club and complaining about nudity.
    Excellent point. As for the 2F2F, free speech will always be a dangerous thing. But not everyone who saw Terminator 3 stole a crane and started driving over every car in sight. Nor do I start smoking crack when I watch Whitney Houston videos. If some guy saw 2F2F and started driving down a city street at 135 mph never saw the movie and never had a car, rest assured he would have found some other equally impressive way to kill himself and others in his spare time.

Ike
    All I want to know is how many freaking DSMs are there that look like that in this country. I've seen two and I live in Wisconsin...

Geez guys, lay off of SD_GR. He expressed his opinion. Don't knock him and say he has a holier than thou attitude, cause he doesn't seem to. He pointed out that he feels it is a good idea to crack down on illegal racing. Of course, the illegal part in the beginning of that term should be noticed. You see a LOT of posts here from many, many people saying how stupid it is to race on the streets and they only do it at tracks. So why is SD_GR's statement any different? Cut him some slack.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Geez guys, lay off of SD_GR. He expressed his opinion. Don't knock him and say he has a holier than thou attitude, cause he doesn't seem to. He pointed out that he feels it is a good idea to crack down on illegal racing. Of course, the illegal part in the beginning of that term should be noticed. You see a LOT of posts here from many, many people saying how stupid it is to race on the streets and they only do it at tracks. So why is SD_GR's statement any different? Cut him some slack.
    Yes, opinions are acceptable...people shouldn't be kicked for having them.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

2001S4, i mean no disrespect, but your posts always seem to carry an attitude that you are far more neutral and omniscient than the rest of us.

You only seem to get involved if someone with a somewhat odd opinion is being "targeted".

geez, you people are so touchy! j/k

There's a difference between driving fast and driving wreckless... one puts you at risk, the other puts everyone at risk. (I've seen cops be VERY understanding of this)

I think If you get caught, you probably deserved it... should've seen the cops....

Originally posted by Shard
    So how do these people who made 2F2F and the first one sleep at night, having influenced (very stupid) people to street race, and hence die?
    It is statements like this that drive me nuts.
    When are people going to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming the media or any other convienent scape goat.

Why is it always someone elses fault!????

Originally posted by aussieinstlouis
    When are people going to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming the media or any other convienent scape goat.

Whoah dude, chill. I'm all for people taking responsibility. I think it's ridiculous that people will go and imitate movies.

I was just sayin i would lose some sleep if people died imitating my stunts.

If someone speeds, ticket them. If they drive at reckless speeds, arrest them. I don't know if this instance is one of legitimate law-breaking or one where law enforcement officials are overstepping their bounds and arresting people who simply get together to show off their imports.

I see people speed and run red lights and run stop signs and change across 3 lanes of traffic every day. Are they any less dangerous than some kids getting together to show off their new Wings West body kit and MAYBE go racing? If I saw such a feverent crackdown on all driving violations, I could accept this. But this seems more a bias against the import scene, a targeting, and that I cannot agree with. And with the arrest of bystandars, it certainly looks like that is the case.

Unfortunately it's become the "American" way. I can't remember how long you've been stateside but if you haven't noticed this already you will start seeing the trend. Our nation has created two nearly all inclusive generations of slacker mentalities. For the rest of us life rolls along. It's only once you understand you can do next to nothing to affect those mindsets in a helpful manner that you become enlightened and feel sorry for them.

Originally posted by Shard
    2001S4, i mean no disrespect, but your posts always seem to carry an attitude that you are far more neutral and omniscient than the rest of us.

You only seem to get involved if someone with a somewhat odd opinion is being "targeted".
    All I can say is I have been on the outside getting slammed by members of this site. It happened because I drove something different. The majority of it happened about a year and a half ago, when a bunch of S4 owners came here and started to troll. I posted legitimate, insightful info, and I got slammed, solely because of the car I drove. If I gave my opinions on both a WRX and a S4, having had experience with both, it didn't matter what I said, I was slammed. If I simply said that the ride was a bit quieter in the S4, I was told that I was stupid and should go to an Audi board. So I know how it feels to get slammed here, especially for simply having an opinion. If you see my posts as an attitude, I am sorry. Not much I can do about that. I am not going to change either. I hope you understand. There is an awful lot of biased opinions here, and that is to be expected. Some of the bias, however, is somewhat overboard. Doesn't happen all the time, and certainly not from everyone, but there is plenty of it. I just point out that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Facts can always be right or wrong. Opinions cannot. No matter what, an opinion is always right.

I have been here 18 months. It bugs the hell out of me though.
    I took a fall in the mall 3 weeks ago. Just slipped on a sale docket the thermal paper type - it slid from under my foot on the nice tiled floor. I went down like a sack of spuds - dropped my GAP bag - no harm done - probably looked a little surprised, but the most bruised thing would have been my pride. I picked myself up threw my jeans back in the GAP bag and was about to walk off when some chick runs up to me with her card in my face wailing something about getting me to a doctor that would ensure I got a $75000 payout from the mall. She was a lawyer. I wasn't even hurt - I told her this and she told me that it didn't matter - they should have cleaned up the sales docket I slipped on and they should pay for their mistake!!

This is crazy.

I have been here 18 months. It bugs the hell out of me though.
    I took a fall in the mall 3 weeks ago. Just slipped on a sale docket the thermal paper type - it slid from under my foot on the nice tiled floor. I went down like a sack of spuds - dropped my GAP bag - no harm done - probably looked a little surprised, but the most bruised thing would have been my pride. I picked myself up threw my jeans back in the GAP bag and was about to walk off when some chick runs up to me with her card in my face wailing something about getting me to a doctor that would ensure I got a $75000 payout from the mall. She was a lawyer. I wasn't even hurt - I told her this and she told me that it didn't matter - they should have cleaned up the sales docket I slipped on and they should pay for their mistake!!

This is crazy.
    Yeah, lawyers create a lot of the problem. I really can't stand the sue mentality. Everytime you hear of someone getting into an accident, the first thing they talk about is suing. There is insurance for a reason.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Yeah, lawyers create a lot of the problem. I really can't stand the sue mentality. Everytime you hear of someone getting into an accident, the first thing they talk about is suing. There is insurance for a reason.
    Be like England and whoever losses in the law suite will pay everyones lawyers. Less law suites that way.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast