3000gt
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 3000gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; now that i've crossed the 1000 mile mark, it's fun time. this morning, i was behind a 3000GT (sl model, ...

3000gt

now that i've crossed the 1000 mile mark, it's fun time.

this morning, i was behind a 3000GT (sl model, no less), on an entrance ramp to the highway. i wasn't pushing him - truth be known, i ignored what i consider a slow, heavy car. anyway, he takes off like a bat out of hell, squealing throughout the entire ramp; i thought he'd lose it, so i stayed with him (not hard) but back a bit. came to the h'way, and he took off, so i followed, and basically made it look like he put it into reverse. few min later he comes back to me at a light and gives me the finger, saying "your car was probably just fast today - it won't always be that way." HUH?

actually, in retrospect, he's right; it'll be faster.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: 3000gt

Originally posted by Lightning
    ...this morning, i was behind a 3000GT (sl model, no less)...
    "sl" stands for "slow." You can apply that to both the car AND the driver.
    -----------------
    Jennifer - www.stinkykitty.com
    '04 Blue WRX Sedan - THE BLUE MEANIE! Grrrrrrrr, baby, grrrrrr!
    Cobb Stage 1. Fear me, pretty bunnies!

sl is FWD 220hp. no real competition there...

VR4= serious competition
    autobahn storming scooby

He gave you the finger? The middle one? No thumbs up? What a jerk!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

i know it wasn't much compeition - as jennifer so eloquently put it, the SL stands for SLow. point was, he ran, so i ran him down and yes, he was trying to tell me that i was number one, and then started the yelling about how my car was only fast that day. odd. it's not even like it was cool out, mid-80's and humid.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."

i know it wasn't much compeition - as jennifer so eloquently put it, the SL stands for SLow. point was, he ran, so i ran him down and yes, he was trying to tell me that i was number one, and then started the yelling about how my car was only fast that day. odd. it's not even like it was cool out, mid-80's and humid.
    That's what you call a sore loser
    Fahd

Originally posted by WRXin'
    That's what you call a sore loser
    jennifer was wrong! SL stands for Sore Loser! that's it!
    s e t h

jennifer was wrong! SL stands for Sore Loser! that's it!
    HAHA...that's great
    Fahd

Re: 3000gt

he comes back to me at a light and gives me the finger, saying "your car was probably just fast today - it won't always be that way.

actually, in retrospect, he's right; it'll be faster.
    Hahahahaha

VR-4's can be quick, but off the line, they're no match for a WRX. I raced one with DR650's and from a roll it was goodnight for me. From a stop, however, I would continually take the guy up to about 80. They really can't launch as hard as a WRX even with AWD. The added weight is a huge disadvantage for the VR-4.

SL's are just useless lumps of crap haha.

Originally posted by Schaf100
    VR-4's can be quick, but off the line, they're no match for a WRX. I raced one with DR650's and from a roll it was goodnight for me. From a stop, however, I would continually take the guy up to about 80. They really can't launch as hard as a WRX even with AWD. The added weight is a huge disadvantage for the VR-4.

SL's are just useless lumps of crap haha.
    and, keep in mind, it wasn't just a WRX that was chasing him.
    s e t h

I had no problems hanging with a VR4 this morning. My first cat & mouse with the AccessECU stage 2 installed.

No place to really open up for a proper run, but he tried to get away a couple of times (to around 80) and I just stuck behind him. Pretty loud exhausts on those things. Easy to tell he was trying.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

Sti vs. 3000gt SL = why even waste your gas money?

I guess when one has to wait 1000miles to "properly" drive their car, anything looks tempting

But seriously, SL? Jeez, go pick on some Corolla's while you're at it J/K of course...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey

I guess when one has to wait 1000miles to "properly" drive their car, anything looks tempting

But seriously, SL? Jeez, go pick on some Corolla's while you're at it J/K of course...
    Hey man, no races around here...so I've had to stick to picking on stock 6 cylinder Camaros with AT...they spin a sec, then see I'm long since gone...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by smokey

as i said, i was ignoring him until he decided to get away from me. couldn't let him think he'd get away from me, could i? then on the 3000GT SL forum, he'd post "smoked an STi today!"
    s e t h

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.