3000gt - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 3000gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Lightning .....actually, in retrospect, he's right; it'll be faster. Best quote ever..heh...

Thumbs up Re: 3000gt

Originally posted by Lightning
    .....actually, in retrospect, he's right; it'll be faster.
    Best quote ever..heh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill on the SL and it's too bad he was an *******. Probably not a 3Si member. Go find some modded VR-4's and race them
    1992 Sandstone Gray Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4.
    4 wheels grippin' and 2 turbo's screamin'! I love it

Originally posted by renichms
    Hey man, no races around here...so I've had to stick to picking on stock 6 cylinder Camaros with AT...they spin a sec, then see I'm long since gone...

RN
    Hehe, I know, i was just teasing.

The only people that ever race me are Eclipse GT's, Cougar's, etc... because they think I'm stock.

The faster cars think I'm stock too, so they don't want to play...and I never initiate races on the street. I am way to conscious about pissing people off.

Anyway, I don't think too many people even know what an STi is...they probably think its a stock WRX or something (not that they would win in that situation either )
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Hehe, I know, i was just teasing.

The only people that ever race me are Eclipse GT's, Cougar's, etc... because they think I'm stock.

The faster cars think I'm stock too, so they don't want to play...and I never initiate races on the street. I am way to conscious about pissing people off.

Anyway, I don't think too many people even know what an STi is...they probably think its a stock WRX or something (not that they would win in that situation either )
    I think the people around here have mostly learned what a WRX is and are learning what the STi is. A while back, some dummy in an F150 kept revving at me, so I taught him a little on who not to "pick on"...repeatedly. He never learned. Most other people, ranging from ricers to Mustang GTs and the like all just pretend to play with their stereos if I pull up next to them. Or they'll rev at me...if they're going the other way. Last night, my brother, two friends and I were out in my brother's WRX wagon. Some ricer in an Eclipse pulled up next to us, looked at us. My brother tries to get him to race...light changes, the Eclipse turns off into an empty lot and starts revving like mad. What a pansy...

Maybe people will know what an STi is and eventually think it's hype or that they could take one anyways...otherwise, no action here.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by Schaf100
    VR-4's can be quick, but off the line, they're no match for a WRX. I raced one with DR650's and from a roll it was goodnight for me. From a stop, however, I would continually take the guy up to about 80. They really can't launch as hard as a WRX even with AWD. The added weight is a huge disadvantage for the VR-4.

SL's are just useless lumps of crap haha.
    Bwa ha ha ha! What comedy!

I guess my consistent 1.70 - 1.75 60ft times aren't a hard enough launch? Oh yeah, and that's still on stock turbos and weighing 4070 lbs with me in it. I have a newer timeslip than the one on my site; it's a 12.52 with a 1.71 60ft. I guess I could get around to scanning it one day...

7.86 @ 89.5 in the 1/8th, if that's not enough bottom end for ya then you must be packing some serious heat.

You just need to find somebody who can drive one. I've been racing AWDs for 12 years.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by John M

I guess my consistent 1.70 - 1.75 60ft times aren't a hard enough launch? Oh yeah, and that's still on stock turbos and weighing 4070 lbs with me in it. I have a newer timeslip than the one on my site; it's a 12.52 with a 1.71 60ft. I guess I could get around to scanning it one day...

7.86 @ 89.5 in the 1/8th, if that's not enough bottom end for ya then you must be packing some serious heat.

You just need to find somebody who can drive one. I've been racing AWDs for 12 years.
    What about against an STi?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by John M

Those are impressive times for the stock turbos. My 60's are pretty similar so I guess it would have been extremely close if I had run into you instead of the guy I did!

-Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12